Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

I don't know why I thought there was even a little chance they'd draw a line there. Welp I guess that's the final ping for my crack. Death to America yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

liberals gave these people millions of dollars

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

*driving a forklift out of the lincoln project hq with a pallet of bags with dollar symbols on them*: oh no all my hard work is ruined

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Finicums Wake posted:

liberals gave these people millions of dollars

ah but you see

https://twitter.com/joel_shoe/status/1363144587041202177

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

https://twitter.com/RedJimmyStewart/status/1363150893210865673?s=20

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

death to america

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

lisa i want to buy your rock

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

This is an interview with one of the founders of the justice dems who is also AOC's chief of staff.

https://www.politico.com/news/magaz...egy-2020-444401

quote:

“Biden ran a historically progressive campaign in terms of what he talked about doing. His whole ‘build back better’ plan talks about a multitrillion-dollar project of rebuilding America’s economy,” says Chakrabarti. “Politically, I think it’s very smart. What makes me optimistic is the fact that he even campaigned on this.”

quote:

Yeah. I think it’s different and it’s not. So, from the start, I don’t actually know if I would … I have never thought of myself as a “left” or “progressive.”

Like, the stuff that we’re proposing — the “Green New Deal” — it’s sort of basic economic development, which is not a partisan thing in any other country. It became a “progressive” thing to suggest Hamiltonian economics, which is weird loop of the brain, but whatever.

We’re proposing this as kind of a unifying thing for the country. My approach — speaking just as myself — has always been: We’re going to present a solution. We’re going to show there’s no reason not to do the solution. And then, if leaders don’t do it — with no excuse — we have to pressure them. Then, of course you have to do sit-ins; you have to show that they’re not doing it, because then they’ll at least get embarrassed into doing it. I hope they don’t have to be embarrassed into doing it; I hope they will lead.

I think Biden has a historic chance to be an FDR-style leader who isn’t just relying on pressure to do the next bit.

lmao

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

quote:

Then, of course you have to do sit-ins; you have to show that they’re not doing it, because then they’ll at least get embarrassed into doing it. I hope they don’t have to be embarrassed into doing it; I hope they will lead

How anyone has faith in these people left is beyond me. Their leadership is just either cosmically stupid or think everyone they are scamming is.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 19:38 on Feb 20, 2021

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This is an interview with one of the founders of the justice dems who is also AOC's chief of staff.

lmao

incredible

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Succ Zone: Hamiltonian Economics

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Stuff like this is why I think that the only two possibilities with AOC (and most of these people) is that they're either deliberately dishonest/deceptive or have such staggeringly poor judgement that there's no difference.

My best guess is that they just choose to tell themselves that a bunch of progress is being made, because that way they don't have to change what they're doing.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lmao

oops, all grifters!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Yinlock posted:

Succ Zone: Hamiltonian Economics

we are truly cursed that aaron burr didn't murder him a decade earlier

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

like even if they fell for the “we must defeat trump at all costs” scam guess what? trump lost! so why defend Biden any more?

unless their goal wasn’t really to defeat trump but to crush any leftward movement in the democratic party

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Stuff like this is why I think that the only two possibilities with AOC (and most of these people) is that they're either deliberately dishonest/deceptive or have such staggeringly poor judgement that there's no difference.

My best guess is that they just choose to tell themselves that a bunch of progress is being made, because that way they don't have to change what they're doing.

I think its more likely people like AOC started out believing in the need for leftwing reforms, but then the consultant class gets hold of them and explains whats 'realistic' and 'achievable' and suddenly they're talking about 'access' to resources and nodding their head along to neoliberal rhetoric. Brainworms are contagious.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Expend enough effort doing something and you'll start to believe in it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

God this is so stupid

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nix Panicus posted:

I think its more likely people like AOC started out believing in the need for leftwing reforms, but then the consultant class gets hold of them and explains whats 'realistic' and 'achievable' and suddenly they're talking about 'access' to resources and nodding their head along to neoliberal rhetoric. Brainworms are contagious.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think "Trump is a unique threat that we must stop no matter the cost" was pretty pervasive, and it's had lasting effects.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we are truly cursed that aaron burr didn't murder him a decade earlier

He would’ve done the world a favor by suicide bombing the convention in 1783, just make sure Adams gets out first.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Nix Panicus posted:

She was a Kennedy intern and conveniently this was not mentioned by anyone during her race.

The consulting class didn't flip her because she never needed to be flipped.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/KillerMike/status/1363194215111524354

uh, hm

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gonna start referring to abortions as "killer mikes"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Did anyone say Inustice Dems yet?

How about Just Us Dems?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

account's private, what did they say?

oh wait Im just blocked lmao and now they're loading

Does this very smart person think that black people don't go to college? Pretty sure tuition free college would benefit everyone, just not white people.

spacemang_spliff has issued a correction as of 21:14 on Feb 20, 2021

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lib and let die posted:

How about Just Us Dems?

https://twitter.com/Rgbblues/status/1362924078525337602

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

spacemang_spliff posted:

account's private, what did they say?

no it isn't

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lumpentroll posted:

no it isn't

yeah I'm just blocked lol

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lmao

i'm going to be a contrarian and say that, while these people are dumb as poo poo, it's a good thing that even dumb rear end DC staffers think FDR style liberalism is 'common sense.' ten years ago the 'common sense' among this particular strata of PMC dipshits was considerably further to the right

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

How about Just Us Dems?

Injustice : Dems among us

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Excelzior posted:

Injustice : Dems among us

:eyepop:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Just ICE Dems

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kids in cages? We Just Iced 'Em

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://twitter.com/lacadri34/status/1362851073820659712?s=20

wish John Lewis would hurry up with it

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Finicums Wake posted:

i'm going to be a contrarian and say that, while these people are dumb as poo poo, it's a good thing that even dumb rear end DC staffers think FDR style liberalism is 'common sense.' ten years ago the 'common sense' among this particular strata of PMC dipshits was considerably further to the right

I mean, FDR style liberalism was inadequate liberal reforms of a profoundly broken system leading to the the current status quo. Biden seems perfectly in line with being an FDR type leader. He doesn't need a wheel chair cuz his brain is broken rather than his body though.

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

You can't have a dem party without ice

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

The Harvard tenure board is racist

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
"Student loan forgiveness doesn't matter!"

*suspended student loan payments hang over the economy like the sword of damocles*

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

:d2a:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

:d2a: