Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

oldpainless posted:

They probably mean calling a person or organization who will hopefully help the caller, not calling about an unpaid bill or calling the dmv

I think it means "call a friend or loved one and have a nice chat" and the poster is saying "what making phone calls about literally anything doesn't just cause anxiety?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It kind of reminds me of a local ad about combating lonliness but it was obviously put out before the pandemic because it's all about getting out from behind the screen and hanging out with people who don't get much company. Bad timing. Now the screen is kind of the *best* way to interact with those sorts of people, you can get them your details and video chat on skype and discord and probably get a similar endorphin rush without spreading a virus.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

For additional context I should also add that not long ago the Government of BC had a public briefing during a very aggressive wave of COVID spread in which the Provincial Health Officer told everyone that they need to do better and try harder when we're all already pretty strung out and doing the best we can.

Also they posted this in response to everyone telling them to shove their stupid bingo card lol
https://twitter.com/BCGovNews/status/1362950191591034884

(No screenshot, Imgur appears to be down)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
OP not idiot, etc.

https://twitter.com/charles_kinbote/status/1363103588910829569?s=19

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Fellas, is it gay to use cum as gun lube???

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

toanoradian posted:

In response to a trailer of a Cruella live-action movie
I mean...they're pretty much right. I guess they have some weird anti-sjw energy maaaybe but it doesn't change the fact that Disney is loving evil and just shoveling regurgitated reheated garbage into people's mouths, and that Disney Adults are loving weird.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah why are they doing that

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The last thing we need is people embracing loving DISNEY of all evil corporations just because the wrong people (racists, misogynists, homophobes, that crowd of culture war dudes) hate on it for the wrong reasons sometimes.
No it's not even representation, it never loving is, none of them are ever openly LGBTQ protagonists and "fan canon" sadly doesnt change that. A lot of the time it just feels like people are embracing queer coding.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

"i love disney/marvel/harry potter" is such a huge red flag that people willingly put on their dating profiles and i thank them for that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Eh there is nothing wrong with liking a Disney movie but it’s weird it’s become a culture war battleground.

They aren’t in your side

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Skwirl posted:

Hammet actually lived there. When I first moved to the bay area I would sometimes say Frisco and the burning looks I would get quickly cured me of it.

I will never forget the joy of stumbling on (never having heard of it) this plaque near Burritt x Bush.

quote:

On Approximately This Spot
Miles Archer,
Partner of Sam Spade,
Was done in by Brigid O'Shaughnessy.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I will never forget the joy of stumbling on (never having heard of it) this plaque near Burritt x Bush.

Spoiler warning that poo poo, have some consideration!

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
one of my old coworkers pretty much only posts things about WandaVision and tons of photos of her and her husband in Wanda and Vision cosplay at their home

but she was pretty normal in person so :shrug:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Gats Akimbo posted:

Spoiler warning that poo poo, have some consideration!

I actually considered it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

oldpainless posted:

They probably mean calling a person or organization who will hopefully help the caller, not calling about an unpaid bill or calling the dmv

You know how I contact my friends when I'm feeling distressed? Social media. Because phone calls are difficult.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Megera posted:

one of my old coworkers pretty much only posts things about WandaVision and tons of photos of her and her husband in Wanda and Vision cosplay at their home

What did they do before like 3 weeks ago?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I just love the idea that the BC social media person was like “I bet millions of people are just sitting around bewildered and helpless, unable to think of what to do to cope with covid. I know! I’ll help!! Me to the rescue!!”

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Elblanco posted:

What did they do before like 3 weeks ago?

she posted about how excited she was for WandaVision and also photos of herbs she collected in the wild

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

im the free space that's just "cry about it"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Arsenic Lupin posted:

You know how I contact my friends when I'm feeling distressed? Social media. Because phone calls are difficult.

Could you repeat this post but instead put the words “social media” in bold?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Megera posted:

May not be the most on-topic question, but seeing as it was mentioned:

So I've never seen the show, neither myself nor my friends/family have Disney Plus. About the only thing I know about it is the premise for the first episode is something like "Wanda and Vision are living in some sort of 50's sitcom pastiche".

Is it the case that Wanda, after the trauma of seeing her husband die in Infinity War, has gone a bit crazy and her powers completely out of control and are unconsciously manifesting a life for them together in an idyllic stereotypical household?

If I'm right about this, how many people saw this as some sort of revelatory twist rather than (IMO) pretty much the obvious way to go given the show's initial premise?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

oldpainless posted:

Could you repeat this post but instead put the words “social media” in bold?

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000

Breetai posted:

Is it the case that Wanda, after the trauma of seeing her husband die in Infinity War, has gone a bit crazy and her powers completely out of control and are unconsciously manifesting a life for them together in an idyllic stereotypical household?
Pretty much. There are a few other "mystery box" plot things rattling around and nobody's sure exactly what's going on, but yeah, that's the gist.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The best part is basically seeing the style evolve along sitcom aesthetics of each decade, I've been enjoying that aspect. It's the only marvel property I've ever seen though so I'm kinda missing some info I think.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Fellas, is it gay to use cum as gun lube???
My AR-69

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I coat each bullet in cum. Cum bullets. Cummets.

Is it more gay to shoot or be shot with cum bullets?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

I coat each bullet in cum. Cum bullets. Cummets.

Is it more gay to shoot or be shot with cum bullets?

Extra gay

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

I think this is puppermaster defense, i don't think they would have attached their real main twitters (that they now have locked) to this if they went in 100% intending to bait. Usually people who put this much effort into baiting/trolling are a molecule smarter than that. I think theyre dumbass countryhumans fans who made this in earnest and are backpedaling to pretend they meant for it to go badly all along

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Her twin brother also died in her debut movie and that really never got addressed again and it seems like this show might have decided to use that as a plot point instead of it being a thing that everyone got over offscreen.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bismuth posted:

puppermaster defense
Tell me more

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Splicer posted:

Tell me more

It's where, when you're being owned online because you said something stupid, you claim to actually be a small dog hammering randomly at keys trying to get at a treat stuck under them.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

if you wanna ar15 you gotta ar69

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Breetai posted:

If I'm right about this, how many people saw this as some sort of revelatory twist rather than (IMO) pretty much the obvious way to go given the show's initial premise?

The main mystery of the series has been to what extent she’s doing it herself, and how much of it is the work of other forces. The most recent episode revealed a lot, but not everything, about this question. I’m actually a little apprehensive about how much they can adequately explain in the 2 remaining episodes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/jamescappleman/status/1362935076695252993?s=21

Nigerian and Ethiopian are not languages but I could understand someone not realizing that. A Chicago alderman thinking the Spanish language is called “Latinx” is truly wild stuff.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Where does Spanish even come from? It's not like there is some mythical country called "Spania"

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Where does Spanish even come from? It's not like there is some mythical country called "Spania"

There was, before the Age of Dark settled upon us.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Henchman of Santa posted:

https://twitter.com/jamescappleman/status/1362935076695252993?s=21

Nigerian and Ethiopian are not languages but I could understand someone not realizing that. A Chicago alderman thinking the Spanish language is called “Latinx” is truly wild stuff.

Pretty sure more people speak Mandarin than the three fake languages in that list.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i think theyre talking about in that neighborhood?

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Splicer posted:

Tell me more

‘I know I said kicking puppies was good’, but actually it was just a test to see how you would all react to someone who said they like kicking puppies! Haha jk not owned.

See also: Bean Dad conveniently remembering new facts (actually, we were snacking on pistachios the whole time! Actually my wife was there! actually, my daughter didn’t cry or beg for food! Whoops!) when people pointed out he was being, at best an rear end in a top hat and at worst, abusive.

GreenMetalSun has a new favorite as of 04:00 on Feb 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i think theyre talking about in that neighborhood?

More people would still speak mandarin

Because it's a language, and those aren't