Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Even back in the day it worked fine on my PC as long as I turned off all of the random Nvidia nonsense (hairworks, something that made like a million newspapers constantly fly around, and some sort of overdone fog effect if I recall). From what I've gathered it's pretty hit or miss on different systems so you may have to try it to be sure. The Arkham games are all great in their own way though.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nabo posted:

you people talking about the currency being jordans or pgems clearly haven't played the game in, like, a decade.
that is very true. i was aware of the d2jsp side of things when i played but i didnt get involved in it.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Thanks for the feedback on Humble Choice. I also did a bit of research (which I should have done before immediately whining on the forum, sorry) and I didn't even get that you typically select a strict number of games / month and the number is tied to various plans. What I would get for the next bundle if I opt in for 12bucks now? No clue! But I can cancel anytime and for this month at least, it's a good deal.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Trickyblackjack posted:

Thanks for the feedback on Humble Choice. I also did a bit of research (which I should have done before immediately whining on the forum, sorry) and I didn't even get that you typically select a strict number of games / month and the number is tied to various plans. What I would get for the next bundle if I opt in for 12bucks now? No clue! But I can cancel anytime and for this month at least, it's a good deal.
You would get nine games per month out of twelve and pay only 10 dollars a month for a year instead of the usual 18 dollars, which is a pretty good deal because usually not all twelve games are really something you want anyway. I'm grandfathered into the special 'classic' type of subscription where you get all twelve games every time for 12$, but it's not really that much better. On a game-per-dollar basis, you'd get about the same out of it.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Woah, when did this start?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
You mean reduced prices for bundles if you already own parts of it? They've had that for years at least.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Cardiovorax posted:

You mean reduced prices for bundles if you already own parts of it? They've had that for years at least.
Presumably not being able to buy the bundle at all if you already own parts of it.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

:downs: D'oh, sorry. I didn't notice the greyed-out button.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Always love it when companies punish their early adopters by making sure they not only paid a higher price originally, but also miss out on discounts going forward.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
It really doesn't make any sense to disallow purchase at all, even if it doesn't subtract the value of games you already own. You should be able to pay "full price" for the bundle at any time.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

In the end its the devs/Valve losing out I guess. I just bought some of the bundle pieces individually and spent $10 less than I would have otherwise.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The only changes they're making to D2 is better graphics, a larger, shared stash, and auto loot. Game is still running on the same engine and everything else will be same. Everyone really hyped about it can experience the game right now by playing the existing D2 game unless the graphics are the only thing holding them back.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Sinteres posted:

Always love it when companies punish their early adopters by making sure they not only paid a higher price originally, but also miss out on discounts going forward.
Hah. I had some Gulity Gear codes earlier this year, but I guess I gave them to people during the sale? Turns out, that was a good idea.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Woah, when did this start?
This has always been there. Some bundles are "complete this bundle" and others are like this one, only purchasable if you own none of it.

They display differently on the store page:
This has both types.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/403640/Dishonored_2/
The Prey and Dishonored 2 Bundle is all or nothing.
The Buy Arkane 20th Anniversary Bundle BUNDLE is completable.

The first doesn't display the games on the store page the other does. The add cart price just lists the price for the first, it says "Your price" on the second. The word BUNDLE is capitalized and has a hovers explanation on the completable one.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Is it really worth owning SIGN when you are getting REVELATOR? Are there characters in the former that didn’t end up in the latter?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 20, 2021

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Is it really worth owning SIGN when you are getting REVELATOR? Besides if you are really, really into story mode stuff?

No, not really. I liked Overture and some of the older games enough that I would’ve bought them if it was easy to do all at once on my phone, but instead I just got the REV 2 complete package. It’s smarter in the end, the bundle was just convenient.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Sent!

One more: first person to quote this post gets TRAIN STATION RENOVATION

I love trains!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

rt4 posted:

I love trains!

As soon as I get back from lunch I’ll pm you!

e: Done!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 20, 2021

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Castor Poe posted:

Thinking about picking up the Arkham games. Did they ever fix Arkham Knight? I remember reading the pc version was an unplayable mess back in the day.

It was improved somewhat but never really 'fixed' and it seems entirely up to fate whether your particular hardware setup will play nice with it.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Yeah, Arkham Knight's issues are still a dice roll but you'll be able to tell immediately if you're gonna have problems so you can just refund it. I got it as part of a video card deal price error for like a dollar so :shrug:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It's like 5$ right now, so it's no major risk either way.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Not to keep harping on Diablo, but since many people mentioned it:
https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1362937581177077767

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Arkham Knight was one of the feebies on EGS if youre some one who was collecting everything they gave but never installed the launcher
also every game ive played from EGS so far only requires the launcher to install after that you can just run the .exe from the game install folder

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flimf posted:

Not to keep harping on Diablo, but since many people mentioned it:
https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1362937581177077767

Seems pretty awesome then.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Volte posted:

It really doesn't make any sense to disallow purchase at all, even if it doesn't subtract the value of games you already own. You should be able to pay "full price" for the bundle at any time.

There's probably some legal/regulatory reason that they don't want to sell you a bundle for more than it'd cost to buy everything separately. So if the publisher doesn't enable bundle completion they just don't sell the bundle to you at all to avoid any issues.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Arkham Knight owns.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I never took the chance to play Diablo 2, and I know that people are concerned about the next remaster because WC3 was such a disaster, but it'd like to point out that they bought out Vicarious Visions, the ones who did the good remaster of Tony Hawk's pro Skater, and they have been put in charge instead of the in-house blizzard team

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/fireh9lly/status/1363084751045853191

https://twitter.com/LadTriple/status/1363092586760704001

Fascinating look at games, and also this is part of why I like Spiderweb games. They're just...there. Present. Available.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Calling the question "small-minded" is incredibly self-righteous, but it's really interesting to hear about this kind of thing from the perspective of someone who actually lived in Eastern Europe during that era.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Free Mythgard Codes:

DISCORDNORDEN (Unlocks Blue/Norden cards from Core Set)
WholesomeHarmony (Unlocks Purple/Harmony/Anime cards from Core Set)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mythgard's pretty fun as far as CCG go. Production values are goddamn high for such a small studio. I'm pretty happy they are giving out the entire core set of cards with the codes -- I'll be able to play ranked instead of just faffing around in draft/brawl mode.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Fascinating look at games, and also this is part of why I like Spiderweb games. They're just...there. Present. Available.
Don't know which part you find fascinating, but I might as well link this (turn subtitles on if you've somehow neglected to learn to speak Russian):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJQr3tnjHlg

Edit - tw for extremely liberal usage of various slurs.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 21, 2021

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's also why text adventures were so popular all the way to the 90s. Because it was hard and expensive to get proper games, but it was easy for interested parties to learn how to make text based games on their ZX Spectrums or Amigas or whatever other platforms were accessible at their school, workplace, etc. So the whole Eastern Bloc gaming industry was until relatively recently dominated by these self taught people who spent their formative years writing Indiana Jones adventures in Pascal or some such.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I miss text adventures. One of my own formative memories is trying to make it through the beginning section of the German-only text adventure Hexuma and being loving terrified of the demon that the game had told me was circling around the house and getting closer and closer to breaking in.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Hub Cat posted:

Yeah, Arkham Knight's issues are still a dice roll but you'll be able to tell immediately if you're gonna have problems so you can just refund it. I got it as part of a video card deal price error for like a dollar so :shrug:

The only issue I've had so far is that it took forever to launch for some reason (same with City). I turned off all the fancy Nvidia effects like the other goon suggested and messed around a bit. So far, so good.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Arkham Knight owns.

Yeah, it does. I think it's my fave game in the series (haven't played Origins yet but plan to start it tonight, so that might change). I'm one of the few who didn't mind the Batmobile sections :shrug:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cardiovorax posted:

Calling the question "small-minded" is incredibly self-righteous, but it's really interesting to hear about this kind of thing from the perspective of someone who actually lived in Eastern Europe during that era.

Disco Elysium was a great game but calling out people quoting interviews of the devs as self-righteous feels like hitting a home run playing tee ball.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Disco Elysium was a great game but calling out people quoting interviews of the devs as self-righteous feels like hitting a home run playing tee ball.

That tweet sounds like someone who has played Disco Elysium, and thinks it's the citizen kane of video games

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fargin Icehole posted:

That tweet sounds like someone who has played Disco Elysium, and thinks it's the citizen kane of video games

I agree and probably phrased my post badly. Calling the question small-minded was intensely pretentious on the part of the tweeter and reading a lot of hostility and ignorance into a simple question. I was just saying that calling them self righteous is like saying CSPAM is a bit much.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

Seriously. There's nothing "small-minded" about not being aware of what life in the former Eastern Bloc was like for people in the real world instead of a video game caricature of it until they talk to someone who did, and it speaks of someone who just doesn't know what that term actually means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Forget it, Jake- it's twitter.