Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
If a say I don't want a jab will they rush me one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SchnorkIes posted:

Things are never going to get better so we can at least be right and poo poo on a rich guy

Historically speaking, we're gonna need either the troops or class traitor petit, ideally both, but the troops are too comfy and "we'll let you do whatever you want to the AMA gerontocracy" is too powerful an incentive to ignore

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ghost of RBG posted:

Dear CSPAM,

I am now fully immunized against the novel coronavirus pandemic which has killed hundreds of thousands of Americans, most of them black and Hispanic front line workers as well as millions of people worldwide. As a token for their sacrifice I am now starting to hook up with everyone I can, and I will take this moment to remind you that for people like me, things will keep getting better and better.

How do I get immunized from these posts

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Ghost of RBG posted:

Dear CSPAM,

I am now fully immunized against the novel coronavirus pandemic which has killed hundreds of thousands of Americans, most of them black and Hispanic front line workers as well as millions of people worldwide. As a token for their sacrifice I am now starting to hook up with everyone I can, and I will take this moment to remind you that for people like me, things will keep getting better and better.

I hate doctors so much it is unbelievable.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Epic High Five posted:

I don't get the MJ hate. It should be plainly obvious by now that not even being willing to offer people a post-vaccine society that is safely a few steps closer to normal, that even if they're vaccinated they need to go another year seeing nobody and isolating, people will ignore both your mandates and your pleas for vaccination because obviously if those are the protocols for AFTER getting vaccinated, why bother with them at all?

We're obviously never got to straight up pay people to get the stick, so what else have you got to drive people to do the right thing, especially when the status quo is people doing those things already

hes comes across as a chode

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

I don't get the MJ hate. It should be plainly obvious by now that not even being willing to offer people a post-vaccine society that is safely a few steps closer to normal, that even if they're vaccinated they need to go another year seeing nobody and isolating, people will ignore both your mandates and your pleas for vaccination because obviously if those are the protocols for AFTER getting vaccinated, why bother with them at all?

We're obviously never got to straight up pay people to get the stick, so what else have you got to drive people to do the right thing, especially when the status quo is people doing those things already

ok this is all dumb and im tired of this dumb conversation but ppl are mad at him for being a tone deaf lib talking about covid being over, not that he’s going out and doing poo poo after being vaccinated.

obviously he’s trolling but “we’re gonna be back at applebee’s in no time” is A Thing a lot of libs and other idiots are talking about now. and, to me, its infuriating bc they think we’re just “waiting out the clock” as still thousands die daily. it’s of the same loving mindset that’s killed more than half a million people in a year.

always reactive, never proactive. always assuming the worst is behind rather than ahead.

variants? vaccine escape? dont worry, we got men on the job! cases are down, we must be at herd immunity finally! everything will be fine!

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Google Butt posted:

hes comes across as a chode

also this

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
also just ignoring or writing off other people's legitimate fears is an extremely lovely thing to do in any context

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Paradoxish posted:

also just ignoring or writing off other people's legitimate fears is an extremely lovely thing to do in any context

Also he tried to get the fyad-backed "cdc guidelines and agreeing with cdc guidelines or you get probed" policy put in

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

advocating for n95s and respirators? that's a probe

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
listen I’m just saying doctor isn’t even really a skill intensive job and will be replaced by a pill dispensing robot soon anyways

high blood sugar?! metformin and stop eating
high blood pressure?! exercise and stop drinking
feeling down due to the systemic failures of capitalism?! have some SSRI’s, no you can’t have fun pills stop asking!

that’ll be $1400

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm still here, currently listening to Rare Earth

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

as you all marvel at the size of the doctors dong, the banker is stealing your money from the back pocket of your jeans.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Koirhor posted:

listen I’m just saying doctor isn’t even really a skill intensive job and will be replaced by a pill dispensing robot soon anyways

high blood sugar?! metformin and stop eating
high blood pressure?! exercise and stop drinking
feeling down due to the systemic failures of capitalism?! have some SSRI’s, no you can’t have fun pills stop asking!

that’ll be $1400

They're already trying to replace them with physician extenders lol

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Wow saying they took down test sensitivity per the who? That should be a sixer

I got a sixer right here for you pal

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
The only high skill doctors are surgeons, they're like a guy who can paint a whole scene onto a tiny golden egg, it's a bizarre physical talent

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
hahaha, nice. I see cspam is being extra normal today. Good poo poo y'all

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ghost of RBG posted:

Sex pests should be immediately banished, what the gently caress are you talking about

lol of course to a goon, even having sex is being a sex pest lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

fits my needs posted:

madjackal owns.....the libs ribs!

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Number go down!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it's really frustrating seeing Biden get the dem nomination and saying "man this isn't gonna be good. like even if he wins it's bad." and having everyone tell you you're a bernie bro and then saying "okay cool he won. as soon as he takes office people are gonna tell us everything is fine." and now here we are and things are not fine but everyone around me is telling me they are.

I feel like the guy in memento finding a picture of the planet that says "don't trust their lies".

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gay_crimes posted:

advocating for n95s and respirators? that's a probe

lol because its true

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

it's really frustrating seeing Biden get the dem nomination and saying "man this isn't gonna be good. like even if he wins it's bad." and having everyone tell you you're a bernie bro and then saying "okay cool he won. as soon as he takes office people are gonna tell us everything is fine." and now here we are and things are not fine but everyone around me is telling me they are.

I feel like the guy in memento finding a picture of the planet that says "don't trust their lies".

Trump was better lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Hard things are hard

Are we talking about strip clubs again

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

SchnorkIes posted:

Trump was better lmao

at least with Trump their was always the possibility he’d do something good on accident

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Teenage Riot posted:

Number go down!

gently caress is that texas and oklahoma alone?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Koirhor posted:

at least with Trump their was always the possibility he’d do something good on accident

or funny

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump was definitely a dumpster fire but if you're living in a solid blue that that did a 180 overnight on COVID measures because now opening up helps one of Their Guys, you're in a whole lot more danger than if Trump had won and they still had to performatively resist lmao

at least here in red america I'm at the same baseline level of hosed as I've always been

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Epic High Five posted:

Trump was definitely a dumpster fire but if you're living in a solid blue that that did a 180 overnight on COVID measures because now opening up helps one of Their Guys, you're in a whole lot more danger than if Trump had won and they still had to performatively resist lmao

at least here in red america I'm at the same baseline level of hosed as I've always been

I'm in a purple that's backlashing deep red bipartisanishly bc the libs don't care anymore and we have to trust the chud science and back the blue

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

SchnorkIes posted:

The only high skill doctors are surgeons, they're like a guy who can paint a whole scene onto a tiny golden egg, it's a bizarre physical talent

gifted...hands...?

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

why is everything talking about herd immunity as though we've decided again it's the answer? is it because of immunity from the vaccine or am i seeing a repeat of last spring?

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Frances Nurples posted:

why is everything talking about herd immunity as though we've decided again it's the answer? is it because of immunity from the vaccine or am i seeing a repeat of last spring?

Some places are near it and it can work temporarily but we've seen in several places that did this that the escape mutants now inevitably show up once you're herd immune to wild or UK and totally ignore natural immunity

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao how Cuomo botched the response then covered up his culpability in the whole failure but still got a award from the low energy lamestream media.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Superunknown is like 26 years old :psyduck:

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Teenage Riot posted:

Number go down!

well, yeah... much of the country hasn't been able to leave their homes for the past week

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

etalian posted:

lmao how Cuomo botched the response then covered up his culpability in the whole failure but still got a award from the low energy lamestream media.
please do not look at cuomo and his incompetence. have you seen the failed state of texas getting owned because they don't Vote? :smug: make sure to vote blue so youi're not like texas

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Superunknown is like 26 years old :psyduck:

This thread is full of interesting information!

edit: I love that album as much as I love breathing (safely through my respirator).

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

a shitlib politician from california and a chud politician from texas taking turns dunking on ERCOT/PG&E every winter/hurricane season/wildfire season. cheers from the crowd as the looting continues and the public trust rots

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gay_crimes posted:

please do not look at cuomo and his incompetence. have you seen the failed state of texas getting owned because they don't Vote? :smug: make sure to vote blue so youi're not like texas

libs believe real life is like a Marvel video with obvious good guys (our team!) and the bad guys (Trump/Russiagate!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gay_crimes posted:

a shitlib politician from california and a chud politician from texas taking turns dunking on ERCOT/PG&E every winter/hurricane season/wildfire season. cheers from the crowd as the looting continues and the public trust rots

yeah lol, has anything actually happened as a result of "being called in front of congress to be grilled" in the last like, 10 years even?