Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

We all know the word they'd like.

:drat:

TACD posted:

Extremely powerful normality radiating from this man

Linehan's descent into utter, utter madness is quite the thing. Surely even the Guardian commentariat must think this is just a straight up loving weird thing to do

[EDIT: 108 seconds is about how long it took Richarlison to score against Liverpool today, as Everton beat them at Anfield for the first time in 22 years.

EDIT 2: 108 is not the same thing as 180, as I now just realise]

Niric fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Report: A little bit of honey goes really well on spicy pizza.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

itym "liberté, égalité, algérie"

Liberté, égalité, punchanazé.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Report: A little bit of honey goes really well on spicy pizza.

:hmmyes:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

can we please not get updated on every single thing this complete failure of a human being does, he is less than an irrelevance now, it only serves to remind us of the hate he had stirred up

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
My local italian pizza place does pizza with goat cream cheese, mozzarella, figs, thyme, honey.

:getin: me.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Phillip is dead but not announced*

the source is kunt and the gang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtbZA688ybQ

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

they going to announce philips death at the correct time to get it published in The Times, rather than a scum rag like The Sun?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Grape posted:

Ok, what does the worst state on the Atlantic have to say.

Mustard and vinegar, mostly.

And the other word, maybe, but my in-laws have the relevant privileges.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Labour MPs dismayed at orders to maintain ‘radio silence’ on Brexit

quote:

Labour MPs are being asked by the party’s high command not to focus on problems caused by Brexit when asking questions in parliament, dealing with the media, or posting on social media, according to sources in the parliamentary party.

After a week in which Labour leader Keir Starmer delivered a major speech on how the country should rebuild the economy and reduce inequality without once mentioning Brexit, relations with the EU or the severe problems that have confronted many UK exporters since 1 January, senior party figures reacted with astonishment.

Last night former cabinet member and Europe minister Peter Hain said Brexit had become the “elephant in the room” for Labour.

Hain told the Observer: “It’s quite understandable that Brexit has not been top of Labour’s agenda, but it’s not sustainable to ignore this elephant in the room hurting British businesses, our vital performing arts sector, our security and our foreign policy reach. The Tories delivered a last-minute mess of a Brexit with damaging consequences, not least to stability on the island of Ireland.”

One senior backbencher said the message from the top was very clear – that there should be virtual “radio silence” on the issue. “The order that is coming out is: ‘don’t mention the war’. We are being told that Keir wants to move on and that if we mention the B-word let alone suggest we a need better deal with the EU than Boris Johnson’s we are being unhelpful.”

quote:

Since 1 January Starmer has not raised Brexit or problems caused by it once at PMQs, and interventions on the issue from backbenchers have been rare. None of the shadow cabinet or frontbench team have made a speech in parliament on the issues affecting UK businesses.

he's so poo poo :ughh:

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Looke posted:

Looks like good old racist royal Phil might be popping his clogs soon

I hope his death pushes off the Mrs. Two bank holidays extra.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Will Greece and Denmark get bank holidays too?

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Guavanaut posted:

Will Greece and Denmark get bank holidays too?

I doubt Greece will. Phill has been told by the Greeks he can never set foot in Greece ever.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Dogatron posted:

I hope his death pushes off the Mrs. Two bank holidays extra.

They'll probably kick off on the same day in order to save the economy. Two extra bank holidays would be the final nail in the coffin.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Dogatron posted:

I doubt Greece will. Phill has been told by the Greeks he can never set foot in Greece ever.

Why's that?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just found out two of our local CLP officers have been suspended (I don't know what for as I'm no longer a member) and one of the officers has resigned from the exec in protest (not quite from the party yet).

Both the two who have been suspended are VERY hardworking, have really put themselves out for the party in the past few years.

Absolute disgrace.

(There may be other suspensions but if so the gossip tree hasn't got round to me yet).

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Who could have possibly foreseen that it would be impossible to criticise how poo poo Brexit is when you forced your team to vote for it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TACD posted:

Extremely powerful normality radiating from this man

https://twitter.com/BernieTranders/status/1363186622355881985?s=20

the follow up says that for people wondering if its real he's advertising it on his substack

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Dogatron posted:

So why not celebrate the fulfillment of that?

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Convex posted:

Why's that?

He was exiled in 1922. Told to gently caress off and never come back. It worked.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Soylent Yellow posted:

They'll probably kick off on the same day in order to save the economy. Two extra bank holidays would be the final nail in the coffin.

I dunno, even in Covid times- pushing a state funeral and a coronation together on the same day?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Convex posted:

Why's that?

Greece and monarchy have a pretty checkered history but I've not heard that he's banned - however protocol probably means that he wouldn't actually want to visit there other than as King (I've no idea where he actually sits in the succession but I bet he does).

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020
I mean it might work- the horse and carriage with the stiff royalty could just turn around with the live inside it to save time, but I can't see it.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Greece and monarchy have a pretty checkered history but I've not heard that he's banned - however protocol probably means that he wouldn't actually want to visit there other than as King (I've no idea where he actually sits in the succession but I bet he does).

You do realise Greece is a republic?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Dogatron posted:

Yeah but it wasn't always

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Rumda posted:

Yeah but it wasn't always

Thank you. Prince Phillip was exiled from Greece, with the rest of the Greek Royal family in 1922, like I loving said.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
France is famously a republic, but there's at least three lines of succession.

It's like with weeds, you can never quite fully stamp them out, unless you start a whole new country and even then there's a risk.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Guavanaut posted:

France is famously a republic, but there's at least three lines of succession.

It's like with weeds, you can never quite fully stamp them out, unless you start a whole new country and even then there's a risk.

I think we should reaminate the corpse of Oliver Cromwell and set him off to do some cervical disarticulation.

After we found exactly where his head is.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wait, do we actually get a bank holiday if Phil and Lizzo die? That sounds like a sweet deal.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i am the rightful king of skomer :mad:

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

stev posted:

Wait, do we actually get a bank holiday if Phil and Lizzo die? That sounds like a sweet deal.

one for liz- state funeral and then one for charlies coronation.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Dogatron posted:

Yeah and so does he, which was the point I was making. I don't know if he actually retains a claim to the lineage, but I imagine it causes all sorts of diplomatic fun and games if a bloke claiming to be the King turns up for a visit (particularly with his missus, the head of state of a nuclear-armed state).

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dogatron posted:

Thank you. Prince Phillip was exiled from Greece, with the rest of the Greek Royal family in 1922, like I loving said.

Wiki sez they bought the royals back in 1935 before finally getting rid of them in 1973. It also says he gave up all Greek (and Danish) titles when he married Brenda, presumably to avoid any Hanover-style fun and games with the monarchies in those countries.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
imo the rightful king or queen should be chosen by voting on the person born of the land who most resembles a king or queen

and then they're it until they're dead

like brian blessed has much more business being king than anyone else i can think of

judy dench is more queeny than the queen imo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

i am the rightful king of skomer :mad:
Goon project.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dogatron posted:

one for liz- state funeral and then one for charlies coronation.

They like to take their time over coronations, legally Charlie becomes king the moment his mum pops her clogs and has all the constitutional powers immediately, the coronation is just an incredibly expensive Under New Management sign going up in the window. It was almost 18 months between the death of George VI and the coronation of Elizabeth II (at least some of which was spent coming up with a way of explaining to the Scots that they weren't going to bother with calling her Elizabeth I of Scotland, the compromise of taking the highest reginal number from whichever of the crowns the monarch was wearing allegedly being Churchill's idea).

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah and so does he, which was the point I was making. I don't know if he actually retains a claim to the lineage, but I imagine it causes all sorts of diplomatic fun and games if a bloke claiming to be the King turns up for a visit (particularly with his missus, the head of state of a nuclear-armed state).

I cant honestly tell you the reason he was banned, but a Greek bloke once told me it was written into the constitution or some thing

He also told me about the loving awful things the UK armed forces got up to in Athens before the war ended- spitfires strafing communist resistance fighters.

The UK caused the civil war in Greece.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Dogatron posted:

This guy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_II_of_Greece ,your actual former reigning King of Greece (much later than 1922), is living in Greece, right now.

If you're going to be an arse, at least be right.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

imo the rightful king or queen should be chosen by voting on the person born of the land who most resembles a king or queen

and then they're it until they're dead

like brian blessed has much more business being king than anyone else i can think of

judy dench is more queeny than the queen imo

You want King Joe Swash I? Cos that's how you get King Joe Swash I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
would be better for the tourists too, since that's the ostensible excuse given for having a royal family

just brian blessed striding around buckingham palace in all tights and big cloaks and that eating chicken drumsticks and swearing his head off hehehehe