Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

blizzardvizard posted:

The last "legitimate" double shantay was like, what, season 5?

Alyssa and Tati’s double shantay is iconic tyvm

Brooke and Yvie’s was great as well, but there are more than a few “...producers are fuckers” saves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I stand behind the Eureka/Kameron double save. I think it was deserved if they had to have a Double Shante during the season (which they did, VH1 was expecting a certain number of episodes).

Also, thanks for the reminder... I just rewatched Brooke/Yvie again. (I also watched "I Drove All Night" because it had been a bit and I need that lsfyl on a regular basis.)

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
also eureka vs aquaria was defo a eureka win

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Tayce how dare you loving nail Jane turner to the wall like that when she belongs to the down under drag race girls!

E: the UK lip synch songs are so good wtf

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 20, 2021

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I thought the UK Snatch Game was mostly good but maybe that's just Canadian exposure to the British pop culture.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

E: the UK lip synch songs are so good wtf

The BBC has a legal right to play any song it likes and royalty free, means that you get some loving awesome soundtracks.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Thank you Brits with a current tv license. I salute you.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Why is this season RuPaul's Emotional Abuse Race

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Gottmik this week....
The plot armor of the week award obviously goes to Kandy, but if you watch Gottmik's performance, she's not... really... nailing the choreo like they say she is.
I think if it were any other queen they'd cut to a closeup of it and Ru giving stank face and they'd be out on their rear end. But she got top 3!

I even cut together a little clip (that reddit deemed "low effort" and deleted :rolleyes:) that shows it off a bit- they're hiding her during the performance.

FWIW I think it was more of a "eh, safe" performance than a "lipsync you failure" one, but when Tina landed in the bottom for missing one moment it's like, really??

Congrats on top 4 I guess?

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 21, 2021

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Eh, Gottmik was part of a duo, and Denali lifted her up. I think that’s forgivable. She wasn’t bad enough to drag Denali down.

I’m glad Ru saved Kandy in a way that still made it clear that Symone won the lip sync. I haven’t liked Kandy much this season, but she’s starting to mellow out in Untucked.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Nemo posted:

Eh, Gottmik was part of a duo, and Denali lifted her up. I think that’s forgivable. She wasn’t bad enough to drag Denali down.

I honestly feel a little bad for Denali- her choreo was almost undoubtedly dumbed down to meet Gott's level and despite the handspring she just didn't have as much material to work with to shine as bright as Rosé.

While I'm on the subject that whole "make them audition for it!" moment was absolutely insane. Why open the room up to an absolute winner and loser and social alliances to back it? The producers must have been salivating, if they weren't directly responsible for it.

Just do rock paper scissors or something, holy crap.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Utica was absolutely adorable during it, however.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

angerbeet posted:

Why is this season RuPaul's Emotional Abuse Race
For real. The multiple layers of psych-outs about going home isn't even entertaining, it just makes Ru look like (more of) a monster for toying with the queens' emotions so much.

I love Symone on this season, I wish she would pad one (1) runway. It's one of those things that I feel like she's getting away with since she's so charismatic.

This has been the season of "a lot of emotion for safe" and I can't decide if it's because 1) rigor morris 2) pandemic madness or a combination of the two. The production fuckery and judging on this season has been frustrating.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

MizuZero posted:

it’s extremely cool for rosé to sexualize living cartoon grotesque stanley ipkiss w/ mask but not cool at all for denali to have had a crush on aladdin :anime:

Two different parts of the show though, she wasn't saying it on stage. As long as she isn't humping a pillow of aladin I'm okay with the crush. Just find a man that looks like him and hump him haha.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010
This season is going hard on the "why don't the judges love meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" whining. I don't know if it's just that I'm getting older, or the queens are getting younger, or that we're coming off the delightful s12 that I find it especially obnoxious. Denali is like that young good looking twink who is always the center of attention at his local bar and has a mental breakdown when he doesn't get his ego stroked every 5 minutes

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

amaguri posted:

This season is going hard on the "why don't the judges love meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" whining. I don't know if it's just that I'm getting older, or the queens are getting younger, or that we're coming off the delightful s12 that I find it especially obnoxious. Denali is like that young good looking twink who is always the center of attention at his local bar and has a mental breakdown when he doesn't get his ego stroked every 5 minutes

I don't think that’s fair. I think it’s a reality show and contestants realize there’s a pattern, particularly for queens of a certain type, to get placed safe repeatedly, never get feedback on what they’re doing wrong, and then be sent home.

I’m sure it’s maddening to know that your days are numbered without being told why. I’m also sure that some of the stuff that’s driving us crazy as viewers (like Kandy skating by) are way more intense and surreal when you’re living it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This is also the one reality show that can very impactfully make or break the career of its contestants, so like, they're quite justified in trying to pull the spotlight to themselves, even if it doesn't always make for the best watching experience. I don't even think Denali is being particularly obnoxious about it at all.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 21, 2021

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
I was so confused when Tina was in the bottom, but then I don’t think anyone else did nearly as bad as symone and kandy

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Last night I ate 3g mushrooms and binged UK2. I really wanted to stop after the rats rusical but I kept going. Ep 3 was an absolute loving nightmare . The limbo thing just kept going and going until I swore I was watching a super deluxe Vic Berger edit. I had no clue what the main challenge was supposed to be and was quite confused by who won. Ru’s wig in that episode... every curl in it looked like Ru’s nostril, so it was a wig full of nostrils. I loved the dua lipa song tho.

I evened out after that hour, so the rest of the episodes were easier to handle. I rewatched ep 3 this morning (I get it now). Anyway, Lawrence Chaney for the win. I love the whole cast, honestly. They’re all gems. This is miles ahead of Season 1

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

God drat I have a quarter oz of mushrooms in my freezer that I'd forgotten about and now I wish like hell that I'd saved UKS2 for a psychedelic binge. That sounds like exactly the right kind of awful.

[e: Yvie doing her makeup on mushrooms is quite delightful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjgni16rJ2U ]

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
I forgot how loving good the limbo was on drag race uk

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
At this point, I hope they do a RuTurning queen, cause why the gently caress not? (it'll be Kandy after being eliminated the previous episode)

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
It's kind of crazy how much more I know about the UK queens than most of the US ones, despite the UK season doing traditional eliminations every episode. It has been pretty hard to get to know a lot of the S13 queens. I can't tell if it's the editing that's different or the queens wanting to avoid controversy.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A God drat Ghost posted:

It's kind of crazy how much more I know about the UK queens than most of the US ones, despite the UK season doing traditional eliminations every episode. It has been pretty hard to get to know a lot of the S13 queens. I can't tell if it's the editing that's different or the queens wanting to avoid controversy.

To be honest, I keep forgetting regular Drag Race is on Fridays because I get in the mind set, okay, Drag Race was Thursday, we're good for the week. Then I go into it, wait, who is this again? Oh right. Who am I rooting for? Veronica? No, she was UK.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I think U.K. episodes are a bit longer on average right? I think that plus including the untucked section in the episode really helps with the editing.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

nunsexmonkrock posted:

In mind I saw that double coming and I hate that I was right.

Same. As soon as Ru kept Symone I said to my wife "watch this rear end in a top hat keep Kandy just to piss me off" and YUP.

Symone had a bad go in the Rusical but did all right on the runway. Kandy was a mess in the Rusical and on the runway she looked like a goddamn jellyfish (this one in particular https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phacellophora_camtschatica) and her walk was dead-eyed and slackjawed. Looked like she'd just come out of a coma and was thinking about going back in. She deserved to go home tonight.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 23, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Best version of UK Hun yet: https://youtu.be/uANPXgJhCy0

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I love Awhora so much

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I was gutted for Ellie Diamond. Her costume was so good and polished too!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Bimini gives me Jimbo vibes because they’re both extremely intelligent and witty queens who love the bimbo lifestyle

Her looks and sewing skills aren’t Jimbo-calibre but she compensates for that by being a lithe and talented dancer

She’s my breakout of the season and I’m rooting for her to win, but I’m also a huge fan of A’Whora and Tayce both

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I loved Ellie's look, but I was ready to throw something if A'Whora didn't win that. Definitely one of the top design looks in herstory.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

agreed, she was on some chlamydosaurus poo poo

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Would have been a great story. Ellie and Sister, both with no wins. One goes on to win the week and the other is sent home.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just caught up with the last two episodes of Drag Race let's see how things are going

https://twitter.com/RuPawl_Official/status/1360421313039355906?s=19

:stare:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Eej posted:

Just caught up with the last two episodes of Drag Race let's see how things are going

https://twitter.com/RuPawl_Official/status/1360421313039355906?s=19

:stare:

What's this about?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Apparently Eliott is like some kinda rampant anti black microaggressor I don't know, Drag Race drama has devolved into some weird parody of cancel culture at this point like how the Drag Race sub melted down over Tamisha and Kandy and how PoC women are always talked over and told how to feel etc. (ignoring the fact that they are both literally grown rear end men and also both black)

But the heavy handedness of the production really pulls me out of things and my roommate finds all this garbage flying around which makes it worse.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I don't have an issue with calling Elliot out for any racist behavior, but I'm not sure how appropriation applies in the context of the lipsync performance since Kelly Clarkson is white?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

gandlethorpe posted:

I loved Ellie's look, but I was ready to throw something if A'Whora didn't win that. Definitely one of the top design looks in herstory.

Just watched the episode and yeah that was sooo good

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Why does it feel like Denali's being treated as filler even in this Coronavirus special?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

gandlethorpe posted:

Why does it feel like Denali's being treated as filler even in this Coronavirus special?

I was just about to say this! Even Joey Jay got to say more!