Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I'm considering setting a buy limit on CCIV if it dips to like $45. Is that dumb as hell in case there's a spike and sell off on an announcement? I sold my initial commons (in at $30, out at $52).

Maybe I should just buy calls in that case? My account isn't approved for options or margin so I'd have to go through that process with etrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I got in on SFTW late but 14 bucks so let’s see if that flies on recent news. Anyone following this one?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I'm considering setting a buy limit on CCIV if it dips to like $45. Is that dumb as hell in case there's a spike and sell off on an announcement? I sold my initial commons (in at $30, out at $52).

Maybe I should just buy calls in that case? My account isn't approved for options or margin so I'd have to go through that process with etrade.

iirc my etrade account got approved for options really quickly, maybe instantly, when i set it up. its not much of a process. the thing about buying calls is obviously you have to time it right, and also premiums on CCIV calls are pretty outrageous right now.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Speaking of SPAC calls, anyone own any for GIK? I have March calls I’m thinking of rolling into April or May after today.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

you could sell a put for $45. pick up premium and if it dips there you can buy the shares anyway

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Rolo posted:

Speaking of SPAC calls, anyone own any for GIK? I have March calls I’m thinking of rolling into April or May after today.

i have a bunch of march calls that i picked up last week for cheap but they're way way way down cause it just keeps going down and now they're even cheaper. im going to roll them out to april but im not sure about gik anymore

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Shammypants posted:

I got in on SFTW late but 14 bucks so let’s see if that flies on recent news. Anyone following this one?

I had 80 commons with a sub 11 cost basis, but sold it at 13.85 after it opened. My new plan is to sell the DA pop for the 25-40% gain. If I decide I want to get in afterwards there’s going to generally be lots of time to do that.

Might make exceptions for stuff I’m pretty heavy on like NSTB or SCVX.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

I had 80 commons with a sub 11 cost basis, but sold it at 13.85 after it opened. My new plan is to sell the DA pop for the 25-40% gain. If I decide I want to get in afterwards there’s going to generally be lots of time to do that.

Might make exceptions for stuff I’m pretty heavy on like NSTB or SCVX.

Let’s hope the Thiel/Musk pipeline and fanboyism takes this one past 22 soon

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

This is a super helpful thread and I appreciate all the time and effort everyone has put into it.

Question: are the shareholder approval votes and the merger date the same?

Or does the shareholder vote occur and some number of days later the merger happens?

I've seen people refer to the approval vote and "not holding through the merger" and I wanted to clarify whether these two events were one and the same.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ketchup vs catsup posted:

This is a super helpful thread and I appreciate all the time and effort everyone has put into it.

Question: are the shareholder approval votes and the merger date the same?

Or does the shareholder vote occur and some number of days later the merger happens?

I've seen people refer to the approval vote and "not holding through the merger" and I wanted to clarify whether these two events were one and the same.

The merger vote occurs and then the merger itself is later, normally very quickly.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

The merger vote occurs and then the merger itself is later, normally very quickly.

How quickly?

when people in this thread say "don't hold through the merger" that's functionally the same as "sell right before the merger vote?"

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

How quickly?

when people in this thread say "don't hold through the merger" that's functionally the same as "sell right before the merger vote?"

Very quick, like 2 days.

I'd defer to FistEnergy on that one as I haven't held on nearly long enough for that. This did make me go look at some recent listings though and I guess here are some random examples.

NOVS became APPH. Vote was on Jan 28 (24.68), merger was on Feb 1 (35.85). Currently 35.70.
PCPL became ETWO. Vote was on Feb 2 (11.30), merger was on Feb 5 (10.98). Currently 9.74.
MCAC became PLBY. Vote was on Feb 9 (13.45) , merger was on Feb 11 (12.98). Currently 14.32.

If you're curious to see recent post merger spacs there's a calendar of events here that's filled with listings: https://calendar.spactrack.net/spactrack/pinboard?startms=1609477200000

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

How quickly?

Don't hold through merger actually means sell before the merger vote. The protection from losing your shirt with the $10 NAV goes away after you decline the redemption option when you vote for/against the merger. It doesn't matter if the ticker change is the next day or 10 days away, there isn't another chance to get a redeem option.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

Very quick, like 2 days.

I'd defer to FistEnergy on that one as I haven't held on nearly long enough for that. This did make me go look at some recent listings though and I guess here are some random examples.

NOVS became APPH. Vote was on Jan 28 (24.68), merger was on Feb 1 (35.85). Currently 35.70.
PCPL became ETWO. Vote was on Feb 2 (11.30), merger was on Feb 5 (10.98). Currently 9.74.
MCAC became PLBY. Vote was on Feb 9 (13.45) , merger was on Feb 11 (12.98). Currently 14.32.

If you're curious to see recent post merger spacs there's a calendar of events here that's filled with listings: https://calendar.spactrack.net/spactrack/pinboard?startms=1609477200000

Arzakon posted:

Don't hold through merger actually means sell before the merger vote. The protection from losing your shirt with the $10 NAV goes away after you decline the redemption option when you vote for/against the merger. It doesn't matter if the ticker change is the next day or 10 days away, there isn't another chance to get a redeem option.

thank you both for clarifying, this made it clear to me.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

A MIRACLE posted:

you could sell a put for $45. pick up premium and if it dips there you can buy the shares anyway

That’s a pretty good idea (if you’re thinking of doing what the poster said)

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The two month 45s were going for 1200 last week :angel:

I think even if it dipped it would have had to dip to like 30 something to lose money on that option

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/SpacTiger/status/1363222559236456455?s=19

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

drat well now I really regret not getting in again on Friday.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Lol dammit

Though I’m fairly new to SPAC trading so I’m curious what those who are still in are gonna be doing based on this. Say an announcement happens on Tuesday, are you going to sell after the announcement? Will you keep holding until a deal is finished and sell?

I told myself “profit is profit” when I sold at 48 and promised I wouldn’t dwell on it, but hell.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Tetramin posted:

Lol dammit

Though I’m fairly new to SPAC trading so I’m curious what those who are still in are gonna be doing based on this. Say an announcement happens on Tuesday, are you going to sell after the announcement? Will you keep holding until a deal is finished and sell?

I told myself “profit is profit” when I sold at 48 and promised I wouldn’t dwell on it, but hell.

Is there even going to be a pop if an announcement is made on Tuesday, everyone knows the merger's pretty much a sure thing at this point right? I think we'll see a pop on Monday and then I'm betting there will actually be a sell off whenever the official announcement is made. I'm pretty sure I'll be selling my remaining shares on Monday. But I'm an idiot who sold 90% of my shares when it hit $12 so don't listen to me.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
cciv may not act like regular spacs, who knows

depending on how monday/tuesday pan out, ill probably take some profit but ive said that before and continue to hold. i even bought back my calls so my shares wouldn't get assigned and instead sold higher strikes which expired worthless thankfully. i thought id sell $95cc's on monday but ill probably wait to see how much the news spikes it before i do that

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I was making my own spreadsheet today to track my own holdings and DD and was thinking that absent news I'd likely sell Monday if CCIV got back to say $60 probably, but hadn't set any orders yet. Now I'm going to be looking at early Monday and seeing how things play out in real time.

Any thoughts on how much say the Berlin market tracks to the US market for something like CCIV?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Is there even going to be a pop if an announcement is made on Tuesday, everyone knows the merger's pretty much a sure thing at this point right? I think we'll see a pop on Monday and then I'm betting there will actually be a sell off whenever the official announcement is made. I'm pretty sure I'll be selling my remaining shares on Monday. But I'm an idiot who sold 90% of my shares when it hit $12 so don't listen to me.

Yeah a sell Monday morning when it blasts off was actually my first thought too, the whole merger might already be priced in as it is.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

FistEnergy posted:

Talking in Discord and sniffing around, it really seems like SCVX is getting ready to announce a deal pretty soon. Still pretty cheap too.

After I bailed on CCIV I did a little sleuthing and opened a sizeable position in SCVX warrants.

From what I’ve seen, SentinelOne is SCVX’s number 1 prospective target, and having an announcement 30 mins prior to market open might imply something related.

:fap:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Handen posted:

After I bailed on CCIV I did a little sleuthing and opened a sizeable position in SCVX warrants.

From what I’ve seen, SentinelOne is SCVX’s number 1 prospective target, and having an announcement 30 mins prior to market open might imply something related.

I don’t own warrants but I picked up 200 commons last week so let’s go.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Handen posted:

Hell yes.

Maybe shuffling limit orders to buy 170 shares at 7:58PM on Friday will pay off.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Why would one of the smaller cybersecurity SPACs be the one to land SentinelOne? Aren't there SPACs raising a lot more capital already?

Also aren't they really old in SPAC years? Like other firms acquire targets in 4 months or less and they took a lot longer? Does that insprie confidence?

Could it just be other news, like SentinelOne buying companies like Scalyr? https://nimbus-t.com/sentinelone-deal/

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 21, 2021

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Shammypants posted:

Could it just be other news, like SentinelOne buying companies like Scalyr? https://nimbus-t.com/sentinelone-deal/

It could be any news, but two clues point in a favourable direction: S1 buying Scalyr fits into SCVX’s broader cyber security sector consolidation focus (they may have been waiting for this to happen before announcing), and it seems odd that a California based company would have a news release at 6am unless it contained information intended to have some effect on the market.

Unless I’m totally out to lunch, are we aware of many other cybersecurity SPACs hunting for targets? Edit: NDAC, but it’s brand spankin’ new.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Feb 21, 2021

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Handen posted:

It could be any news, but two clues point in a favourable direction: S1 buying Scalyr fits into SCVX’s broader cyber security sector consolidation focus (they may have been waiting for this to happen before announcing), and it seems odd that a California based company would have a news release at 6am unless it contained information intended to have some effect on the market.

Unless I’m totally out to lunch, are we aware of many other cybersecurity SPACs hunting for targets? Edit: NDAC, but it’s brand spankin’ new.

Ndac isn't listed yet. There's also ephy but ephy hasn't split yet.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Edit: Whoops, SPACs have two years, not one. I learned something very valuable today!

Jalumibnkrayal fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 21, 2021

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

I hold SCVX commons and might dip into warrants, but won't the SPAC unravel April 1 if they don't get a DA or vote extension? They listed on Apr 1 2020 and they have one year to get something done, right? So them saying that they're in the 9th inning to get something done might be more out of desperation than locking in their perfect target.

And if Sentinel One just spent $155M by picking up Scalyr, wouldn't that put the impetus on SCVX to raise even more PIPE money?

This is my understanding but I'm interested to know how it's wrong.

They've got two years to pick something up. The only spac expiring in April is latn.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

I hold SCVX commons and might dip into warrants, but won't the SPAC unravel April 1 if they don't get a DA or vote extension? They listed on Apr 1 2020 and they have one year to get something done, right? So them saying that they're in the 9th inning to get something done might be more out of desperation than locking in their perfect target.

And if Sentinel One just spent $155M by picking up Scalyr, wouldn't that put the impetus on SCVX to raise even more PIPE money?

This is my understanding but I'm interested to know how it's wrong.

They IPOed on 1/24/2020 and have two years to finish

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

GrandmaParty posted:

They've got two years to pick something up. The only spac expiring in April is latn.

Jose Valasquez posted:

They IPOed on 1/24/2020 and have two years to finish

Thank you. I'll probably add warrants on Monday.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Handen posted:

Good rumor, thanks for sharing

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

Edit: Whoops, SPACs have two years, not one. I learned something very valuable today!

Depends on the SPAC.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Are you guys saying I should grab some scvx pre market or has the ship sailed on that

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

A MIRACLE posted:

Are you guys saying I should grab some scvx pre market or has the ship sailed on that

It's only 11.25, not much risk there, I bought in less than 2 weeks ago and I'm up 3% so it's not like you missed much from getting in earlier either.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Handen posted:

Fingers fuckin' crossed. Ephy hasn't split yet and Nightdragon hasn't listed yet but there's also like 1000 goddamned spacs.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 21, 2021

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

A MIRACLE posted:

I think it's a good speculative bet at this price. I'm glad I doubled up on Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

Handen posted:

SentinelOne had $200M and $267M funding rounds in 2020 and just announced the acquisition of Scalyr for $155M. SCVX ($230M) is probably going to need a big PIPE to take a sizable chunk of SentinelOne (November Valuation $3.1B). SCVX did say they would be going after multiple targets so this could be it. Or that Tuesday conference call is just to show off SentinelOne+Scalyr and it has nothing to do with SCVX. 6AM PT is a weird time if it isn't an announcement though.

Out of everything I've seen floated for SCVX this is the only one I've seen that looks like its worth a poo poo so I'm hopeful.