Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Al-Saqr posted:

Woolie getting completely destroyed by Pat in Guilty Gear Strive makes me feel so bad for him lol poor woolie cant catch a break and be good at fighting games.

The only fighting games Woolie is good at are the bootleg Sonic ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
TBF Woolie is playing the big sword vampire who has to play footsie to get meter to actually be good and Pat is playing Potemkin, who is made of 'Gets In'.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

TBF Woolie is playing the big sword vampire who has to play footsie to get meter to actually be good and Pat is playing Potemkin, who is made of 'Gets In'.

I know it's just really heartbreaking to see Woolie spend 12 hours head start workshopping and thinking and training but pat just rolls in and beats him 9-2 with a grappler followed by screaming with his girlfriend about the dog nutting everywhere lol.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So to be fair to Woolie, it's not that he's bad, it's just that he loses at character select and his skills are almost irrelevant.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dabir posted:

So to be fair to Woolie, it's not that he's bad, it's just that he loses at character select and his skills are almost irrelevant.

just pick a top tier

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Neo_Crimson posted:

just pick a top tier

Giovanna seems like a top tier maybe woolie should play her instead.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Woolie somehow always picks the bottom tier character for his mains, it’s really impressive

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Depths posted:

Woolie somehow always picks the bottom tier character for his mains, it’s really impressive

You want him to go back to picking boss characters?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Depths posted:

He was literally known for the opposite, it's only super recently that he's picking characters that just happen to be bad. His mains in CvS2 was "accidentally" the 3 best characters, and he mained Vergil in Marvel 3.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
To be fair, Woolie would main Vergil no matter what tier he was.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Scorched Spitz posted:

You want him to go back to picking boss characters?

In his defense, he did pick those boss characters by accident

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

To be even more far, if some of this poo poo in the beta doesn't get hammered out, Potempkin is going to be a loving Top Tier Nightmare. Holy poo poo can you do some gross poo poo with him with the new Roman Cancel stuff.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

To be even more far, if some of this poo poo in the beta doesn't get hammered out, Potempkin is going to be a loving Top Tier Nightmare. Holy poo poo can you do some gross poo poo with him with the new Roman Cancel stuff.

i can't believe ArcSys is making a grappler good

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

He's...really good and I'm only saved because I'm a gross Zato and Axl mainer. Just zoning to save my life because if I get in grab range I'm just loving dead.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Neo_Crimson posted:

Seriously who's rem Zangief?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Pat's dog, who will absolutely not stop shooting ropes on the carpet.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Don't worry, they'll nerf him into the ground just like they did 16 in DBFZ.

Also, as someone who's been playing Nago, the few Potemkins I've played just ignore anything I try to do and punch me into the ground, so I definitely get the struggle on Woolie's end. It's an insane amount of work to take a round

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

woolie is playing ky right now so he is picking up ws finally.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Grouchio posted:

Seriously who's rem Zangief?

Zangief is not Arksys

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So is Pat softly grunting every time he breathes a new development?

Cuz he sure doesn't loving sound well.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

So is Pat softly grunting every time he breathes a new development?

Cuz he sure doesn't loving sound well.

He's had sleep apnea forever and has the full robo breathing mask.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
As someone with both of those things if he's actually using the mask it shouldn't be making his breathing worse

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

As someone with both of those things if he's actually using the mask it shouldn't be making his breathing worse

Have you tried the mask while living on six Red Bulls every hour for 11 years?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Still pretty sure pat is 40% kidney stone by volume by now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
He's had the hamon breathing mask for like four years now, so there's probably some new health thing going with him.

As for Potemkin, i'm sure it's just Day 0 Grappler Syndrome where nobody knows how to deal with it, then people learn and it drops a tier, and then ArcSys listens to the complaints from two steps ago and nerfs him into the earth's crust.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat's lifestyle even if he didn't have sleep apnaea would kill him fast anyway. The dude had gout because he refused to drink real water.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really hope he's exercising.

He's probably not exercising.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nintendo made the perfect exercise JRPG. They just need to make the exercise Shlooter and Pat will be in perfect health.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

MorningMoon posted:

Nintendo made the perfect exercise JRPG. They just need to make the exercise Shlooter and Pat will be in perfect health.

If Pat minmaxed exercising like he did his rpgs he'd look like Arnold

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Depths posted:

Thank god he doesn't, a guy shaped like Pat but muscular would be so dense, light would start bending around him.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Dammit Matt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shv5vsHOER4

Please get someone to do these with already. This is an interesting story but gently caress the delivery method is still terrible.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Capn Beeb posted:

Dammit Matt.

Please get someone to do these with already. This is an interesting story but gently caress the delivery method is still terrible.

I like em :shrug:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Dammit Matt.

What's wrong with the video?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When Kiryu complains about condiment wars on the radio, Woolie and V begin a full-fledged war over peanut butter oils. :allears:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neo_Crimson posted:

What's wrong with the video?

I'm guessing that Beeb doesn't like Matt's solo work and thinks he does way better with someone to bounce off of?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
His solo work still feels really stilted, kinda why I tuned out on him a while ago. I thought Rising did well, so I was surprised to see a Wha Happun on it and gave it a watch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Depths posted:

If Pat wanted to exercise he'd do all the wrong cheats and end up making some kind of nightmarish serum that changes his physiology like Jekyll and Hyde.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Thank you Best Friends thread for reminding me to get Ring Fit Adventure

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

If Pat wanted to exercise he'd do all the wrong cheats and end up making some kind of nightmarish serum that changes his physiology like Jekyll and Hyde.

which one's which

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Thank god he doesn't, a guy shaped like Pat but muscular would be so dense, light would start bending around him.
Zangief has already been putting points into that tech tree anyway.