Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I'm a little confused about the reactions to the ending. Wanda is responsible for all the bad things happening, but Agatha has been secretly messing with her for reason we don't know. But none of the ending clips made it seem like Agatha was the one mind controlling people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Agatha has been manipulating and pushing Wanda for some TBD purpose by either influencing the people around her or manufacturing events (killing Sparky) and people (Fox Pietro) for her to react to.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

twistedmentat posted:

A decent Rogue is all I ask for from MCU X-men. Anything beyond that like Laura or Glob Herman is just gravy.

Doop

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Anyone that wants more evidence of Bettany's comedic timing skills needs to see him in A Knight's Tale.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

If they aren't putting Doop in the movies then why even bother making them?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Floppychop posted:

Anyone that wants more evidence of Bettany's comedic timing skills needs to see him in A Knight's Tale.

A Knight's Tale is a top 20 if not top 10 for me.

Alan Tudyk is great in it too and I saw the Black Knight was in Man in High Castle as a Nazi and I thought that was perfect for him.

gently caress I'm just remembering the dance scene and I want to put it on again.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Sanguinia posted:

The Thunderbolts are coming my friends, count on it.

I hope we get some version of the original take on them - a bunch of villains running a long a con by pretending to be heroes. I remember Moonstone beating the absolute dogshit out of Zemo while ranting something along the lines "You unbelievable moron. We could have run this con for years. But no. You had to try to take over the world, which never works. Again."

As for Wanda I'd kind of like to see her end up in San Fransisco as a single mom trying to raise two super-children in the big city. Maybe Cassie Lang could babysit them - especially if she becomes Stature/Stinger. And Wanda interacting with Luis and his story-telling would be gold - especially with the Russian dude constantly thinking that she's the actual Baba Yaga.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

My Face When posted:

Alan Tudyk is great in it too and I saw the Black Knight was in Man in High Castle as a Nazi and I thought that was perfect for him.

gently caress I'm just remembering the dance scene and I want to put it on again.

The Dance sequence is one of the most painfully embarresing things I've ever seen. It just radiates awkwardness. It's amazingly well done, but dear god it hurts just thinking about it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

My Face When posted:

And the far squire is King Robert from GoT.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Apparently some MCU show called Helstrom is coming to Disney next week? Anyone heard anything much about it?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Everyone posted:

I hope we get some version of the original take on them - a bunch of villains running a long a con by pretending to be heroes.

Actually, with Mysterios motive in Far from Home, the thunderbolts may be more plausable than i considered before. We'll probably get sinister 6 for spidey 3, but thunderbolts would help keep that 'illusion' pushing foward.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Seedge posted:

Apparently some MCU show called Helstrom is coming to Disney next week? Anyone heard anything much about it?

It was so underpushed I'd never heard about it until you asked and it apparently sucked so bad Marvel axed it after one ten-episode season (though being the one errant project remaining from the aborted line-up of similarly themed Hulu MCU shows probably had more to do with it)

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Protagorean posted:

It was so underpushed I'd never heard about it until you asked and it apparently sucked so bad Marvel axed it after one ten-episode season (though being the one errant project remaining from the aborted line-up of similarly themed Hulu MCU shows probably had more to do with it)

I think there's still the Modok show, and the filmed but never released(?) squirrel girl show.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Protagorean posted:

Hey, Cloak & Dagger was great.

Runaways I'll grant you.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Protagorean posted:

It was so underpushed that they removed the Marvel branding almost entirely. I don't think anyone who watched knew it was related to Marvel at all unless they already knew to begin with.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Argue posted:

It was so underpushed that they removed the Marvel branding almost entirely. I don't think anyone who watched knew it was related to Marvel at all unless they already knew to begin with.

Oh my god, I had forgotten that show existed.:psyduck:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh my god, I had forgotten that show existed.:psyduck:

My brother was into those comics way back when (Son of Satan, Hellstorm Prince of Lies, etc) and even he forgot to watch the show. :v:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
so since they're probably introducing X-men soon (at least I hope), I'm wondering who they're going to get to play Wolverine now. I would love to see Karl Urban do it but he's already been in Thor.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hasn't stopped em before. I wonder if they'll be actually short this time.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Karl Urban's only 3 1/2 years younger than Hugh Jackman, if they're looking to relaunch a franchise I'm guessing they're going to be looking for younger folks

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

a Loving Dog posted:

so since they're probably introducing X-men soon (at least I hope), I'm wondering who they're going to get to play Wolverine now. I would love to see Karl Urban do it but he's already been in Thor.

All I want out of MCU Wolverine is for him to be under 5'5' and have a Canadian accent. It'd also be cool if they remember Xavier isn't British.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

twistedmentat posted:

If they aren't putting Doop in the movies then why even bother making them?

They need to start putting Doop in the background of every MCU movie so in a few years they can redo Wolverine and the X-Men #17 on one of the TV shows.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Protagorean posted:

Yeah all the Hulu stuff was the last gasp of the Jeph Loeb/Marvel Entertainment stuff. It’s all getting memory holed. I wouldn’t be surprised if all the multiverse stuff will conveniently retcon all of the television out of existence as well. They can pick and choose the good stuff out they want (Daredevil) and wipe the stuff that that was either bad (Iron Fist) or doesn’t fit (AoS) and start clean.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
In the biggest twist of all Michael Fassbender will appear but say his name is Xorn.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Edge & Christian posted:

Karl Urban's only 3 1/2 years younger than Hugh Jackman, if they're looking to relaunch a franchise I'm guessing they're going to be looking for younger folks

eh i dont really care about that, plus they just had a 70 yo Samuel L Jackson play a 40 yo Samuel L Jackson for an entire film

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lid posted:

In the biggest twist of all Michael Fassbender will appear but say his name is Joseph.

FTFY

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
sword claims to have found another sentient machine, and in comes michael fassbender not as magneto but david from the recent alien films. he then manipulates them into allowing him to puke up some xenomorph embryos and then it's marvel vs aliens

hire me disney

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Open Source Idiom posted:

I think there's still the Modok show, and the filmed but never released(?) squirrel girl show.

The New Warriors show has been dead for years. Only the pilot was filmed.

MODOK is still coming, and supposedly Hit-Monkey as well, though there hasn't been any word on the latter in a while so I'm not convinced it still exists.

Argue posted:

likely the only reason Helstrom made it onto Hulu at all is that AFAIK, it had already started production in fall 2019 Feige took over and absorbed Marvel Television into Marvel Studios. I'm guessing that Feige or someone else at Marvel Studios requested that the Marvel branding be removed just to avoid muddying the waters for the Disney+ series that were only a few months away.

This August 2019 interview with Jeph Loeb is pretty funny in hindsight, as he talks up a bunch of announced and unannounced projects that were just a few months away from being killed (Ghost Rider, Tigra & Dazzler, Howard the Duck, Offenders, additional horror-themed "Adventure Into Fear" series for Hulu, new street-level series, unspecified projects for Disney+)

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 21, 2021

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Spacebump posted:

I thought that at first and mentioned it to a friend. He pointed out that Westview turned black and white when she did in the song

I don't think that necessarily does anything to disprove the theory. not that different from the aspect ratio changing IMO

EDIT: I mean the theory about Agatha not creating the Hex, not the theory about her being a fake villain created by Wanda to displace blame, I don't see the show going down the latter road at this point

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 21, 2021

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

A decent Rogue is all I ask for from MCU X-men. Anything beyond that like Laura or Glob Herman is just gravy.

Rockslide.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Argue posted:

They even announced that it had been cancelled three months before it ever aired. And the earlier mentioned Squirrel Girl series was never produced, there was just the filmed pilot that even Freeform passed on.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

a Loving Dog posted:

eh i dont really care about that, plus they just had a 70 yo Samuel L Jackson play a 40 yo Samuel L Jackson for an entire film

Whoever they cast as the new Wolverine is going to have to stick with the role for at least a decade of films, if not longer, and also maintain a crazy superhero physique and do a ton of stunts the entire time. Urban will be pushing 60 a decade from now so he's out. :(

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Oasx posted:

I'm a little confused about the reactions to the ending. Wanda is responsible for all the bad things happening, but Agatha has been secretly messing with her for reason we don't know. But none of the ending clips made it seem like Agatha was the one mind controlling people.

Check her energy; she directly mind-controls Herb in the 70's and her magic is entirely wrapped around Pietro (which may or may not be mind control) so it's a pretty safe bet she's been making other people act certain ways too.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Agatha has been manipulating and pushing Wanda for some TBD purpose by either influencing the people around her or manufacturing events (killing Sparky) and people (Fox Pietro) for her to react to.

I'm guessing that Agatha is working for the Big Bad in Dr. Strange 2 or Phase 4. They'll wrap everything in Westview up nicely but have a mid-credits scene with the real villain, like Thanos in The Avengers.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Whoever they cast as the new Wolverine is going to have to stick with the role for at least a decade of films, if not longer, and also maintain a crazy superhero physique and do a ton of stunts the entire time. Urban will be pushing 60 a decade from now so he's out. :(

Also someone who is short and is 30 who looks 40 for a decade.

They absolutely lucked into Jackman the first time even though he was too tall. I think they are best to find someone unknown again for the role since I can’t think of anyone around who could do it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They even announced that it had been cancelled three months before it ever aired. And the earlier mentioned Squirrel Girl series was never produced, there was just the filmed pilot that even Freeform passed on.

They basically had a bunch of stuff planned with Hulu, Netflix, Freeform, etc and then all at once the situation changed and they moved everything to Disney+. And in that moment they cancelled everything they had going elsewhere to self contain things. But Helstrom was already made so like... there it is.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Marvel needs to stop holding out and give us Squirrel Girl. :sigh:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Really hoping for X-Men to be a big Disney+ and movie project.

Starts with a show, with the first five mutants under Xavier. Then goes into a movie introducing the Giant Size X-Men class, then into a season 2. You can then begin to spin off some other shows, like X-Factor for the original team, and New Mutants at around season 4 of the X-Men show. Show fallout or build events in the shows and use the movies to pay off those big milestones/events. You could easily get 15-20 years out of that. It would also be dependent upon getting actors willing to be pulling double duty on series to movies and back and forth. Thankfully the X-Men roster is so huge you could rotate new people on the regular if needed.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Djarum posted:

Also someone who is short and is 30 who looks 40 for a decade.

They absolutely lucked into Jackman the first time even though he was too tall. I think they are best to find someone unknown again for the role since I can’t think of anyone around who could do it.
Bear with me here, but I feel like the new Wolverine would be a good place to slate a wrestler with decent acting skills trying to break into Hollywood. You know he'll maintain the physique, can probably do his own stunts, and doesn't have to show a lot of emotional range because his job is to look like a badass all the time. I had doubts about Dave Bautista when he joined the MCU, but he's made Drax one of the most fun characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Doctor Nutt posted:

Marvel needs to stop holding out and give us Squirrel Girl. :sigh:

It really is a crime especially since they casted her so perfectly.