Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
my friend belongs to the dsa so you know they're a moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
ms pritchard was also the I DATED A BLACK GIRL ONCE, YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE ME person

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
doodoo rear end

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power

Judakel posted:

yeah she also got some naive friend of mine arrested in philly by "organizing" a protest that i am pretty sure was just a set up.

She's saying Brace Belden is a fascist now. I'm not one of those folks running around saying "OP OP OP" but Snyder's hysterics are problematic as gently caress

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Judakel posted:

There's nothing larger than Gwen Snyder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xRhX0dxb3Q

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Doctor Jeep posted:

he's one of the post-left crowd, "there is no left" is their motto

is "post-left" just code for "having actual principles was too hard, back to centrism, but in a cool detached way"

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Yinlock posted:

is "post-left" just code for "having actual principles was too hard, back to centrism, but in a cool detached way"

to be fair matt's "grillpill" poo poo was basically this

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

hey I know the thread is mad at AOC but is it ok if I post a StillWithHer person who is inexplicably but predictably mad that AOC is getting credit for something

https://twitter.com/SvDeng/status/1363140010246098949

I mean AOC is poo poo but the Still With Her crowd is still way higher on the poo poo mountain

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shipon posted:

to be fair matt's "grillpill" poo poo was basically this

same with the people who adopted and took "lol nothing matters" super-seriously

it's all just an excuse to check-out entirely, but because you're super cool rather than a super worn-down coward

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Judakel posted:

There's nothing larger than Gwen Snyder.

When she investigates around the dirtbag left podcasters

She investigates AROUND the dirtbag left podcasters

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Yinlock posted:

same with the people who adopted and took "lol nothing matters" super-seriously

it's all just an excuse to check-out entirely, but because you're super cool rather than a super worn-down coward

plz don't ever abandon the crucial work of being very angry online

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Kaedric posted:

so, what are the odds that if we go digging in their post history, we'll find some post fellating Stacy Abrams for singlehandedly winning georgia

https://twitter.com/SvDeng/status/1328003122602663944

I know it's gauche to quote yourself but I had to go find out

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
from what i can tell "post-left" is like an unholy combination of pseudo-academic smugness and acting like a bourgeois tourist of the militia movement. don't think they ever really "got it" while being on the left in a similar manner to the trot-neocon pipeline. for some its a phase, like anarchism, but i respect the anarchists more for spending their youth dumpster diving for smashed vegan garbage cakes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Stringent posted:

plz don't ever abandon the crucial work of being very angry online

being mad online isn't super crucial, but checking out entirely is lame

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Yinlock posted:

being mad online isn't super crucial, but checking out entirely is lame

why? what is being checked in accomplishing other than loving up your mental health?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the real grillpill is estradiol valerate

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Stringent posted:

why? what is being checked in accomplishing other than loving up your mental health?

because for a ton of people their literal lives depend on the whims of lovely politicians, and knowing what they're up to is useful?

not everyone has the luxury of being apathetic

also the "grillpilled" people never actually check out entirely, they always have to let everyone know how cool and detached they are at all times

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this is also what, i suspect, leads people to the weird loving idea that I think of myself as some posting revolutionary who thinks that my posts will usher in a new age of glorious communism

I just get mad at bad things, sometimes I post about how mad I am, that's literally it

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

being grillpilled or checked out or whatever you want to call it is just the political equivalent of that guy who is very loud and :smuggo: about not owning a television

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
as opposed to being very loud about how you watch every show and they all suck?

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

lmfao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Stringent posted:

as opposed to being very loud about how you watch every show and they all suck?

can't believe someone would talk about politics in the politics forum

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

like all healthy and normal human beings, i repress all my anger into a tiny ball and let it fester, secure in the knowledge that it will never emerge at the worst possible time unlike those weirdos who just get mad at bad things

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/carlosalazraqui/status/1363146242499383302?s=19

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Egg Moron posted:

they should call them don'ts

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

they tried that

then barack obama gave them a call and told them to get back to work

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Yinlock posted:

wasn't trying to tell anyhow how or what they should post, just saying that grillpill or w/e isn't an unreasonable reaction to the left getting so utterly trounced in the primary

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1363278018702147584

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

from what i can tell "post-left" is like an unholy combination of pseudo-academic smugness and acting like a bourgeois tourist of the militia movement. don't think they ever really "got it" while being on the left in a similar manner to the trot-neocon pipeline. for some its a phase, like anarchism, but i respect the anarchists more for spending their youth dumpster diving for smashed vegan garbage cakes

It seems like becoming something that literally everyone on the political spectrum has reason to hate

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Stringent posted:

wasn't trying to tell anyhow how or what they should post, just saying that grillpill or w/e isn't an unreasonable reaction to the left getting so utterly trounced in the primary

sorry to go in so hard, this is just a pet peeve of mine and it's something that does make me unreasonably angry

like yeah I can see why it happens but it's frustrating

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It seems like becoming something that literally everyone on the political spectrum has reason to hate

weird niche demographics like that always end up scooped up by fash at some point

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Yinlock posted:

Agreed, politics are gay

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
The House can pass bills with a simple majority of 218 votes in a full chamber. Democrats now hold 222 seats. However, the number will temporarily drop to 219 when three Democrats — Cedric Richmond of Louisiana, Marcia Fudge of Ohio and Deb Haaland of New Mexico — join Biden's administration.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
oops. this was never foreseeable

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Is there anywhere else that hosts that quote, just because the source's Twitter profile says "Russia state-affiliated media", so that talking about it can sound more credible with someone that needs to be persuaded?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

papa horny michael posted:

The House can pass bills with a simple majority of 218 votes in a full chamber. Democrats now hold 222 seats. However, the number will temporarily drop to 219 when three Democrats — Cedric Richmond of Louisiana, Marcia Fudge of Ohio and Deb Haaland of New Mexico — join Biden's administration.

pfft those safe blue seats will never go red dont be such a bed wetter

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

galenanorth posted:

Is there anywhere else that hosts that quote, just because the source's Twitter profile says "Russia state-affiliated media", so that talking about it can sound more credible with someone that needs to be persuaded?

at this point anyone who would care about that would also be happy to call the NYT a Putin-owned rag if it dared to rehost the clip on its website

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

People getting mad at AOC can be funny regardless of how you feel about AOC yourself

https://twitter.com/cordeliers/status/1252559557471154177?s=19

The rest of this person's feed just descends into a mishmash of Alex Berenson and other OPEN ER UP retweets

To be fair, a left wing politician participating in copaganda is a problem, even if the result method is delivering groceries to people's homes.

PhilippAchtel has issued a correction as of 15:45 on Feb 21, 2021

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Yinlock posted:

sorry to go in so hard, this is just a pet peeve of mine and it's something that does make me unreasonably angry

like yeah I can see why it happens but it's frustrating

i don't want to put too fine a point on it but do you see any electorial hope at all? you shouldn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Brain Candy posted:

i don't want to put too fine a point on it but do you see any electorial hope at all? you shouldn't

no, who on earth does

e: caring about things and thinking electoralism is a dead end are not mutually exclusive ideas, unless you've been successfully propagandized into thinking electoralism is all that matters

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Feb 21, 2021