Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Today I had lunch out of this tanuki bowl. It made my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

good god this is gorgeous

Escape From Noise

I went to visit a brewery in rural Shiga, on the car ride up there were several tanuki statue... factories I guess?

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

:nice:

biosterous

Manifisto posted:

morning!? more like, uh

*sweats, bumbles around frantically trying to come up with something that vaguely fits*

glorning? ah, adorning?

haha

jason bourning

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

hello orbs i like you

Kira is not sure if she likes this toy

yes it is a stuffed watermelon slice, with a crinkly tail

gallery of sigs

he/him

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The tail is extremely lifelike! I've never seen someone reproduce such an accurate watermelon slice--but where are its legs???

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I want to go there

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have not been inside a restaurant except to deliver cases of soap, so literally seconds, since over a year ago today.

cruft

Teddy Thunders posted:

I have not been inside a restaurant except to deliver cases of soap, so literally seconds, since over a year ago today.

Same.

I honestly don't miss the restaurant experience much. I have trouble picking individual voices out in crowds, so going to restaurants was sort of a weird "we want to be with you but you have to pretend to understand what we're talking about" kind of loneliness.

I might do a lot more backyard cookouts when we can hang out with people again.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Stoner Sloth posted:

'what are small dogs, but a focusing lens for farts?'

New forum subtitle please

Sig by Heather Papps

cruft

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

New forum subtitle please

Screw forum subtitles, I'm putting this on my business cards.

BoldFrankensteinMir

cruft posted:

Screw forum subtitles

Well fine, but whatever we do, it's almost March, perhaps it's time to retire our New Years' joke...

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Same.

I honestly don't miss the restaurant experience much. I have trouble picking individual voices out in crowds, so going to restaurants was sort of a weird "we want to be with you but you have to pretend to understand what we're talking about" kind of loneliness.

I might do a lot more backyard cookouts when we can hang out with people again.

I just miss the sounds. I used to hate them. But I find the silence of my own house--not that anything is ever truly silent anymore, there's always a hum of electricity or water or a dog barking in the distance--so deafening I've resorted to singing to myself when I'm alone so it's not so overwhelming.

I miss the way I could hear the buzz of the kitchen. I miss hearing the murmurs of other people talking, even though I can't process their speech. I miss the low lights, and the way things just happen like a clockwork. It was so long in my childhood, watching these things happen on my grandmother's television--we did not have one, let alone a color tv, or electric power, or cable--that when I finally got to go to a restaurant, it was a little bit magical for me.

Goons Are Gifts

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Well fine, but whatever we do, it's almost March, perhaps it's time to retire our New Years' joke...

I'm down with that, wait I'll bump the title thread

more falafel please

forums poster

gullnado byob I slept pretty good and woke up and made breakfast sandwiches and lovely instant coffee with softened water so it just tasted salty

but we're gonna go on a little mini hike and try to see some bald eagles before the snow comes in and then just gorge like stupid on some Cajun food

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

BoldFrankensteinMir

more falafel please posted:

gullnado byob I slept pretty good and woke up and made breakfast sandwiches and lovely instant coffee with softened water so it just tasted salty

but we're gonna go on a little mini hike and try to see some bald eagles before the snow comes in and then just gorge like stupid on some Cajun food

That sounds like a nice day. We had some bald eagles near here who were raising a chick, but unfortunately the road took them. That was a really sad day. Enjoy wilderness while we have it!

Sig by Heather Papps

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i took some sudafed when i woke up this morning and buddy i tell ya i am :dogcited:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
It's java time. :coffeepal:

Finger Prince

Oh good, the police have a new fan boat so now it sounds like a very low, very slow airplane taking off outside every time they take it out for a joyride.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Finger Prince posted:

Oh good, the police have a new fan boat so now it sounds like a very low, very slow airplane taking off outside every time they take it out for a joyride.

There's been a lot of literature recently tying road/air traffic noise to heart disease, so rejoice fellow annoyance-at-noise havers, people are finally starting to catch on.

Sig by Heather Papps

Ass-penny

biosterous posted:

hello orbs i like you

Kira is not sure if she likes this toy

yes it is a stuffed watermelon slice, with a crinkly tail

Want to touch this void.

Actually, all of you with animals, please give them some extra love for me.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

rear end-penny posted:

Want to touch this void.

We gave King Francis two big bites of johnny cake with maple syrup this morning!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

cruft

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

okay but how are your dirty limericks???

Hi, here's the dirty limerick I wrote for you a couple days ago:

The yob poster named Kaiser Schnitzel
Got sexily nibbled, then bitzel.
Once bleeding was stopped,
A question was popped:
"My dear, did you schwallow, or schpitzel?"

biosterous

rear end-penny posted:

Want to touch this void.

Kira will get treats and pets when she's not napping on her leave-me-alone-please box

gallery of sigs

he/him

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

cruft posted:

A question was popped:

mods change my name to schwallow or schpitzel plz

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

mods change my name to schwallow or schpitzel plz

Literally making me wince reading that out loud.

:five:

ChubbyChecker

cruft posted:

A question was popped:

lmao

cruft

I'm amused by the backwards thread: it's a difficult thing to pull off, so everybody's going for the easy path: an Internet flamewar.

Makes ya think.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

cruft posted:

I'm amused by the backwards thread: it's a difficult thing to pull off, so everybody's going for the easy path: an Internet flamewar.

Makes ya think.

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me getting into a big pretend meltdown is fun because I ordinarily would not get that kind of Online Mad. I think it's that kind of thing where when you have to act with a heightened kind of performativity the temptation is to act counter to your normal inclinations. So I think a BYOB thread in which everybody is pretend pissed off and fussing has that little frisson to it.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

nut

How Wonderful! posted:

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me getting into a big pretend meltdown is fun because I ordinarily would not get that kind of Online Mad. I think it's that kind of thing where when you have to act with a heightened kind of performativity the temptation is to act counter to your normal inclinations. So I think a BYOB thread in which everybody is pretend pissed off and fussing has that little frisson to it.

I am honoured to be picked as a capable partner to pretend get mad at with u

cruft

How Wonderful! posted:

Well, okay, but I'm going to go on thinking that getting mad on the Internet is a very low-effort activity.

Robot Made of Meat

Gramps posted:

Man I love my kitty but I think I really need a dog. Haven't had one since I lived with my parents 20 years ago. You guys gotta help me pick when the time comes. I think my wife wants a Samoyed or something. I know we're going to rescue but that's about it.

Samoyed dogs = best dogs. But they're not for everybody (people who are wrong, for example.)

They're getting more difficult to find in rescue these days though. That's probably a good thing.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Prof. Crocodile

Allo everyone. I have some bad news.

I have been dosed with luminous poison while on the prowl for cougars at a jazz club in San Francisco. I am going to try to solve my own murder in the few hours I have left, but I wanted to check in here first and enjoy some cat pics.

Also, PLEASE do not tell my doting fiance Paula about any of this. She has no right to know.

cruft

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I have been dosed with luminous poison while on the prowl for cougars at a jazz club in San Francisco. I am going to try to solve my own murder in the few hours I have left, but I wanted to check in here first and enjoy some cat pics.

Also, PLEASE do not tell my doting fiance Paula about any of this. She has no right to know.

I don't have a cat but I have a cat sized dog...

Gramps

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Samoyed dogs = best dogs. But they're not for everybody (people who are wrong, for example.)

They're getting more difficult to find in rescue these days though. That's probably a good thing.

We had a samoyed mix when i was a kid in Montana. She was super smart and insane. She would try to kill anything smaller than her, so it was bad if she got out and roamed the neighborhood. She caught magpies all the time. My parents ended up rehoming her after she dug up half the sprinkler system and dug a pit underneath the patio. My dad was not having it anymore. She was a loving cool pup and I miss her

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Well, okay, but I'm going to go on thinking that getting mad on the Internet is a very low-effort activity.

If you don't like it and think you can do better, make one of your own. It's a good thread, it's funny and it's not hurting a damned soul.

cruft

Teddy Thunders posted:

If you don't like it and think you can do better, make one of your own. It's a good thread, it's funny and it's not hurting a damned soul.

It's a great thread, and it is funny, and I think y'all are good people because you don't normally ragepost.

Maybe I'm not explaining myself right. I think it's a good and creative thread with good and creative posts.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Prof. Crocodile posted:

*Finds matchbook for a nightclub called 'The 3rd Act'*
*Horn section loses their drat minds*
*Swirling time effect*

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Dear postin' gals & pals

I think I need to take a break from the yob.

I'll see y'all again in an hour and 45 minutes.

Your pal,

cruft