Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

well she is an asset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Salean posted:

well she is an asset

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/1363553089400295427?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Salean posted:

well she is an asset

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Now that the liberal scolds are all in favour of AOC we must know the truth - she is not going to do anything to help anyone

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh well that's better somehow I guess

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Do the taxpayers get that golf money back? No? gently caress off then

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Salean posted:

well she is an asset

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Salean posted:

well she is an asset

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Remember when the Biden campaign made a promise about universal childcare or something and now no one has mentioned it in probably over a year, good times.

he also talked about putting the corporate tax rate to 28% from 20% (trump lowered from 35%). seems like it would be an easy win, to revert trump era poo poo, to address the debt, to offset stimulus costs. but,

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

click her profile and die

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

quote:

Hey,

One month ago today, I was elected to serve as the chair of the Democratic National Committee. And ever since, I’ve been fighting to make sure our party has the resources it needs to win everywhere -- even where the odds might be against us.

Over 100,000 members of this grassroots team have renewed their membership to the DNC since I came on as chair -- and I couldn’t be more grateful for them. But, according to our records, you’ve yet to do so.

Republicans are already throwing everything they can at us to defeat our slim Congressional majorities in 2022. And if that happens, President Biden and Vice President Harris’s agenda won’t stand a chance in Congress. That’s why it’s so important to renew your commitment to our party at this moment.

We must build a Democratic Party capable of fending off Republican challenges early on, while there’s still enough runway ahead of us. We won key races last year -- from the White House to the Senate to state house races -- because of crucial early investments made by valuable members of our party like you -- and we’re relying on that same level of support to make sure Democrats come out on top in the years to come.

Donate $7 now to renew your DNC membership and reserve your Official 2021 DNC Membership Card. Your generous support will not just help defend our majorities but build on the long-term strength of our party in the years to come.

DONATE: $7

DONATE: $10

DONATE: $25

DONATE: $50

DONATE: $100

Donate another amount

The fate of our country is dependent on our party continuing to elect strong Democratic leaders at every level of government in every ZIP code. I’m counting on valuable members of our party like you to make that possible by renewing your membership today.

Winning in all 50 states and the territories is well within our reach, but it’s going to be costly. So, I have to ask: Will you make a $7 donation to renew your membership to the DNC today? We’re counting on you to be the difference-maker in elections this year, next year, and beyond.

Thank you for all that you do,

Jaime

Jaime Harrison
Chair
Democratic National Committee

P.S. Your renewed support today will have an exponential impact as we protect and grow our Democratic majorities in the years ahead. Chip in a $7 donation to renew your DNC membership and be a part of this crucial early work.

Love to have a political party that operates the same way as a multi-level marketing scheme

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Salean posted:

well she is an asset

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Yinlock posted:

but I just can't write off the titanic amount of needless suffering as "well nothing i can do"

you're literally canadian. there is nothing we can do except phonebanking and building solidarity through posts.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

PhilippAchtel posted:

Arguing a.k.a. being mad online accomplishes a few things:

1) It gives you a chance to polish your rhetoric and build confidence for real world engagement.

2) Some are skeptical, but it really does educate and radicalize third-party observers.

3) It's entertaining.

It shouldn't be all you do unless you can't do anything else, but it's not worthless either.

while you were out grilling i was polishing my rhetoric

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

D&D: good to call out a rapist president everyday
Also D&D: Our rapist president is in now, very illegal to do this to him! Banned

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

The Oldest Man posted:

Love to have a political party that operates the same way as a multi-level marketing scheme

Did they also lay out what all they planned to get done before the Republicans ruin their majority

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

People getting mad at AOC can be funny regardless of how you feel about AOC yourself

https://twitter.com/cordeliers/status/1252559557471154177?s=19

The rest of this person's feed just descends into a mishmash of Alex Berenson and other OPEN ER UP retweets

The intent of the person who posted that aside, having cops bring things to peoples' doors is a real lovely thing to do. If that had happened* back when I was still using "grey market" opioids of dubious legality I would have been scared shitless, and it'd be many times worse for that to happen to a black person.

* this actually did happen once 7 or 8 years ago, though fortunately I wasn't arrested and the cops in question just wanted to know where I had ordered the drug from

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Expanding the amount of cages you can put kids in is progressive

https://twitter.com/AHomayouniVA/status/1363363978202726400?s=20

I mean, even if they accomplished any of those things rather than saying "yeah we're thinking about it maybe", the goal should be to keep progressing, not hit a point and then say "ok we're good now"

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Fa S c ist

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1363537056102760456

This is the failson shithead the Dems are going to run for Wisconsin Senate lol

Elevons.Design
Feb 7, 2021

Brain Candy posted:

serious mode on!

it's not that ideas don't matter, it's that they are not prior to experience. that is you don't start out being able to have any idea you you want, you have experiences which determine which ideas you can accept. if you've been in a concentration camp you can't find beauty in german immediately after you leave, and it has nothing to do with the potential for beauty in the language

this is why the revelatory idea of truth is flawed, and why you can argue with libs all day about how things are evil and it just bounces off. it's not that you just haven't found the perfect argument yet, it's that conditions in the person's life weren't such that the idea can be accepted. conditions can change, so you can't write everyone off completely, but you also can't force anything

you don't have the power to move the rock up the hill, all you have is the ability to shift the course a little when it comes down. this can still make a vast difference in the outcome, but it also means you are unable to choose when anything happens

In this metaphor the rock represents time and it is sentience that gives us the ability to consciously direct the course so that it continues down a different path later. If each person is like a sphere of influence; like a bead on the line and/or a drop of water on a leaf - then their influence along gravity's direction in the case of the leaf is influenced by their mass and velocity. These are conditions of particles and so we go back to the infinite and singular first movement(s).

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
have the checks gone out

have the kids in cages been released

has anything substantial happened for voting blue no matter who

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

The intent of the person who posted that aside, having cops bring things to peoples' doors is a real lovely thing to do. If that had happened* back when I was still using "grey market" opioids of dubious legality I would have been scared shitless, and it'd be many times worse for that to happen to a black person.

* this actually did happen once 7 or 8 years ago, though fortunately I wasn't arrested and the cops in question just wanted to know where I had ordered the drug from

OTOH having the police perform social services like delivering food to the elderly is what they should be doing instead of shooting suspicious minorities so I’m not going to even pretend to get upset about it

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Asema posted:

have the checks gone out

turmp was the only first president in history to be impeached twice!

breadnsucc
Jun 1, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Perhaps it is unusual for so many words to be written, political theory instead of a memorial narrative, for a message honoring a martyr of the revolution. I kept comrade Michael Forest Reinoehl firmly in my mind with every word I wrote down in this text. This text is not an act of revenge. I still haven’t paid a penny of my debt. I have only determined it. Our revenge will go all the way.

Honor and revenge for the antifascist martyr Michael Forest Reinoehl

Honor and revenge for antifascist martyr Anthony Huber

Honor and revenge for all the martyrs of the Black Revolt

Honor and revenge for antifascist martyr Willem Van Sporsen

“I’m not standing by. I really shouldn’t have to say any more than this. I set aside my broken heart and I heal the only way I know how—by being useful.”

REVENGE for centuries of slavery, for all the generations that didn’t make it to liberation. REVENGE so that the life that is coming can breath

breadnsucc has issued a correction as of 19:29 on Aug 21, 2021

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

breadnsucc posted:

i love how biden is 1000% times worse than trumo just like the left said but he does it in such a boring way that libs can just shrug it off

gotta go to brunch! god it's so good to not worry about tweets!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Asema posted:

have the checks gone out

The President is polite on Twitter.com

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

extremely funny that people are still doing this

breadnsucc
Jun 1, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Perhaps it is unusual for so many words to be written, political theory instead of a memorial narrative, for a message honoring a martyr of the revolution. I kept comrade Michael Forest Reinoehl firmly in my mind with every word I wrote down in this text. This text is not an act of revenge. I still haven’t paid a penny of my debt. I have only determined it. Our revenge will go all the way.

Honor and revenge for the antifascist martyr Michael Forest Reinoehl

Honor and revenge for antifascist martyr Anthony Huber

Honor and revenge for all the martyrs of the Black Revolt

Honor and revenge for antifascist martyr Willem Van Sporsen

“I’m not standing by. I really shouldn’t have to say any more than this. I set aside my broken heart and I heal the only way I know how—by being useful.”

REVENGE for centuries of slavery, for all the generations that didn’t make it to liberation. REVENGE so that the life that is coming can breath

breadnsucc has issued a correction as of 19:29 on Aug 21, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

breadnsucc posted:

i love how biden is 1000% times worse than trumo just like the left said but he does it in such a boring way that libs can just shrug it off

I think Biden sucks and is overwhelmingly likely to be a failure but I don't think he's 1000% worse than Trump. Trump was pretty bad.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yes we know that you're a liberal

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

Yes we know that you're a liberal

To be a real leftist and not a liberal you have to think that Trump was actually better than Democrats.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the troops have dignity again :patriot:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gonna be super honest here: Biden isn't already worse than Trump, but he won't be much better given the stuff he has already done / refused to do, and he has the potential to be worse since he's more likely to play along with the military

Like, the auto-win button before the election was "kids in cages" but Biden is building more cages for more kids so

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

mcmagic posted:

To be a real leftist and not a liberal you have to think that Trump was actually better than Democrats.

trump sent checks? extremely low bar, but so far basically yeah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Less cages for kids than Joe
More COVID relief checks and money than Joe
Less wasted time on trying to impeach (without acquittal) last president that could have been spent doing anything else than Joe

Not looking good this first month

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Trump: pushed for 2000$ checks
Joe: pushed for 600$ checks, was forced into his party supporting 2000$, now bargaining down to 1400$, will probably get nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Brain Candy posted:

trump sent checks? extremely low bar, but so far basically yeah

Trump sent the 1st checks because he thought it would help him win and then after the election the checks had no chance to actually pass and he was loving with McConnell. If you think Trump gave a poo poo about helping americans you're a mark. (Not that Biden gives a poo poo either)