Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Trump sent the 1st checks because he thought it would help him win and then after the election the checks had no chance to actually pass and he was loving with McConnell. If you think Trump gave a poo poo about helping americans you're a mark. (Not that Biden gives a poo poo either)

nobody here is arguing that Trump gives a poo poo about anything other than what people on TV say about him, that's not what's up for debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

mcmagic posted:

Trump sent the 1st checks because he thought it would help him win and then after the election the checks had no chance to actually pass and he was loving with McConnell. If you think Trump gave a poo poo about helping americans you're a mark. (Not that Biden gives a poo poo either)

burning my $600 check because trump didnt mean it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

breadnsucc posted:

i love how biden is 1000% times worse than trumo just like the left said but he does it in such a boring way that libs can just shrug it off

AAAAA MUSLIM BAN, TRANSGENGER BAN, WALL

please ignore the courts blocking all of these

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

trump sent the checks because he's an insecure dipshit who desperately wants people to like him

unfortunately for america joe biden is too demented to feel insecure about anything

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Elevons.Design posted:

In this metaphor the rock represents time and it is sentience that gives us the ability to consciously direct the course so that it continues down a different path later. If each person is like a sphere of influence; like a bead on the line and/or a drop of water on a leaf - then their influence along gravity's direction in the case of the leaf is influenced by their mass and velocity. These are conditions of particles and so we go back to the infinite and singular first movement(s).

the rock represents a big rock and also not dumping milk into rivers while people go hungry

you as a lil' bead only have so much energy and momentum, you aren't the motive force. if there's some sort of force to corral the beads into going in the same direction you might see some emergent channel carving, some group motion towards a common end (class consciousness) but definitionally the individual drops don't have the energy to force all others into alignment

importantly to this doesn't mean things have a fixed end or a teleology, it still permits chaotic outcomes, it's not fully deterministic. it denies a kind of muscular heroism though

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
trump understands that popular policies will in turn make him popular. joe believes government should not be helping people.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

“Doing something good for the wrong reasons is bad
Doing something bad when you could be doing something good, and after promising to do something good, is good”

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

mcmagic posted:

we got the checks under trump. dems have a majority in all three representations of government and said no we can't do more. republicans will regain majority in two years.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
"trump is worse for doing the right for the wrong reason versus doing nothing at all for no reason" - a lib

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Reality Protester posted:

trump understands that popular policies will in turn make him popular. joe believes government should not be helping people.

What did he do as president that was popular other than sending people 600 measly dollars? If Trump did popular stuff he would still be president. He was running against a corpse.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Goofus keeps kids in cages. Gallant also keeps kids in cages but doesnt talk about it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Honestly Americans dont give a single gently caress what the reasoning was for a check to be sent, just that Trump got them money. Just like Biden not getting people money too is going to kill any chances the dems have at the midterm and honestly im pretty sure COVID will still be going on by then because there's no reason not to given the current situation.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Reality Protester posted:

Goofus keeps kids in cages. Gallant also keeps kids in cages but the media doesnt talk about it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He could give me money And relief for my student loans right now

He chooses not to

I will absolutely consider that worse than someone giving me money but only doing it out of hope he’ll get my vote in the process

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

other than saying the quiet parts loud with his various bans and the wall, how was trump different from your bog standard republican

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Joe Biden believes in the market more than the billionaire who loves gold.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it was incredible how big a story kids in cages was for two weeks until trump pointed out obama built them and everyone moved on

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Raskolnikov38 posted:

other than saying the quiet parts loud with his various bans and the wall, how was trump different from your bog standard republican

Decorum!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I will absolutely consider that worse than someone giving me money but only doing it out of hope he’ll get my vote in the process

poo poo, I’m willing to say On The Record this is more than Dems have done for me in my lifetime

Dubya gave me a stimulus check after seven years, Trump gave me COVID relief check after three years; Dems are asking me to donate to them a month into them controlling everything

The Oldest Man posted:

Love to have a political party that operates the same way as a multi-level marketing scheme

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mcmagic posted:

What did he do as president that was popular other than sending people 600 measly dollars? If Trump did popular stuff he would still be president. He was running against a corpse.

"Better than Trump" is an incredibly low bar that Biden has yet to clear and probably won't

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

AAAAA MUSLIM BAN, TRANSGENGER BAN, WALL

please ignore the courts blocking all of these
To be precise, the Supreme Court allowed the second one to go forward while sending it back down to the lower courts for a final decision which hadn't been reached yet

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics/scotus-transgender-ban/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/25/politics/lloyd-austin-transgender-military-harris-biden/index.html

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

syria

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Joe probably wont encourage his followers to murder members of the opposition , leftists tho...

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

mcmagic posted:

i'll take your 600 dollars if you don't want them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gobblecoque posted:

i'll take your 600 dollars if you don't want them

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

loquacius posted:

"Better than Trump" is an incredibly low bar that Biden has yet to clear and probably won't

Yeah I don't disagree with this. I just don't see where Biden is 1000% worse than Trump. Even the stuff he's done that is awful is mostly continuation of stuff that Trump did. FWIW I still think they will send out the 1400 dollar checks which is a lie from the 2k but it's also better than the 600 Trump sent.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i mean iraq is right next door for an example of bog standard republican invasions

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AlexBistonTV/status/1362857291788156928

KHive is two old white people showing up to wave signs in support of Kamala on an otherwise completely empty street

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
trump got rid of the right-wing, aca individual mandate which Biden ran on returning to federal law.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

saying he's 1000% worse is hyperbole. you do not need to argue against it.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i mean iraq is right next door for an example of bog standard republican invasions

the day trump pushed back slightly against syria/russia bombing that airfield, and how both sides of the isle and the corporate media did a complete 180 and starting praising him should have terrified everyone

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

joe will reduce the number of cages by stuffing the remaining kids in wherever, and the left won't give joe credit for 1. reducing net cages and 2. solving the heating problems

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

papa horny michael posted:

trump got rid of the right-wing, aca individual mandate which Biden ran on returning to federal law.

I’d be actually homeless if this hadn’t happened, I think

He sucked on 99.9999999% of things but accidentally did like two things correct (this and paying me)

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
i need to put together a corporate funded think tank to study and precisely quantify exactly how much biden is worse than trump

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Kind of ironic that Trump was like the only president in 25 years to take any action on guns at all. Banning bump stocks at least a token that dems couldn't muster lmao.

also attempting to level out prescription drug prices.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

quote:

Republicans are already throwing everything they can at us to defeat our slim Congressional majorities in 2022. And if that happens, President Biden and Vice President Harris’s agenda won’t stand a chance in Congress.

already given up the pretense of getting anything done these first two years I see

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Chris James 2 posted:

I’d be actually homeless if this hadn’t happened, I think

He sucked on 99.9999999% of things but accidentally did like two things correct (this and paying me)

yeah. most importantly opposition to the terrible things trump did was allowed, though still typically resulted in police violence and jailing by democratic mayors and democratic governors.

while it will absolutely be standing rock level loss of limbs and eyes when serious protests occur against Biden.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

already given up the pretense of getting anything done these first two years I see
[/quote]

The pace set in the first 30 days has been a stagnant pace so yeah that seems like a reasonable stance to take.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Trump differed from standard Republican presidents by being louder and stupider and way less imaginative with his theft of the collective good. Dubya's cabinet destroyed the world for their grift; Trump tries to sell commemorative merch and by most accounts couldn't even manage his loving cabinet favor-trading properly, given most positions in his admin were a revolving door of whoever he was stupid enough to like that day. That's...that's probably about it, really.

Tricky D posted:

i need to put together a corporate funded think tank to study and precisely quantify exactly how much biden is worse than trump

Probably good money to be made on this if you don't mind joining the right-wing grift train tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

[/quote]

gently caress