Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Countblanc posted:

i've always wondered if it's "jrpg elixir hoarding" brain or "someone else might want to use it more" brain that keeps people from popping strengths ASAP

Honestly if you're talking the 50-60 grindfest area it's probably because they are just fixated on getting to the end and don't really consider chests as worth getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Autodrop Monteur posted:

How about Cowboy Sunday?

Show me your raddest cowboy glams!

I went with a cowboy theme for my Miner!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I went with a cowboy theme for my Miner!

Weird, what are those bottoms? I don't think I've ever seen them before.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They're part of the Songbird set you can buy on the Mogstation

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly if you're talking the 50-60 grindfest area it's probably because they are just fixated on getting to the end and don't really consider chests as worth getting.

I dont get this mentality though because poms of flight, sight, rage, etc can really help the speed of a run. Some of the fastest speedruns Ive done of 51-60 have everyone grabbing chests when theyre on the way.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I had completely forgotten how frustrating the latency on some of the attacks in Copied Factory are. Namely Air-to-Surface Burst and Nines' drivebys.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Control Volume posted:

I dont get this mentality though because poms of flight, sight, rage, etc can really help the speed of a run. Some of the fastest speedruns Ive done of 51-60 have everyone grabbing chests when theyre on the way.

I mean I agree, I'm just saying that I've seen more people hyper-rush to the point ignoring everything that isn't an enemy to unlock the portal than anything else.

Edit: Especially now that PotD drops those precious precious memories.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Autodrop Monteur posted:

How about Cowboy Sunday?

I went for more of a bar trawling or everyday ranch work fashion than a rodeo getup, but it was the first glam I put together and I'm still happy with it.

Also included: my retainer in her "way to cool to actually look like I'm enjoying this" pose.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

this zenos guy gets more talkative every time I kick his rear end

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

FAUXTON posted:

he's just opening up little by little to a friend

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FAUXTON posted:

https://twitter.com/zucchini_loaf/status/1360479136620318720

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Can't do Cowboy Sunday anymore because I Fantasia'd again, and hats no longer work.

So how about Comfy Sunday instead?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the rear end size checks out

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Augus posted:

the rear end size checks out

yeah them hips don't lie and they never shut up either

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

W.T. Fits posted:

Can't do Cowboy Sunday anymore because I Fantasia'd again, and hats no longer work.

So how about Comfy Sunday instead?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Autodrop Monteur posted:

How about Cowboy Sunday?

I don't have one, but this one might inspire me to mess around with GNB a bit

https://twitter.com/SutaVR/status/1358280586570391557?s=20
bonk

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
What I want to know is, who does Zenos' hair?

Either he styles and conditions that 'do himself, or he sits still while someone does it for him. Either option is funny.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rand Brittain posted:

Either he styles and conditions that 'do himself, or he sits still while someone does it for him. Either option is funny.

Well we know who's doing it now.

Fandanny

They take turns doing each other's.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

It was Asashi, and then Eledibus, and then Fandaniel.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Autodrop Monteur posted:

How about Cowboy Sunday?

sustenance cowboy!

them corpuscular rays! unf

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

An average party.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
ppppffff your tank has a stance on, so above average already

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

hazardousmouse posted:

well i mean, judging by party order OP is the tank so that was really a free bingo space

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

https://twitter.com/zucchini_loaf/status/1360482018132258819

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Autodrop Monteur posted:

How about Cowboy Sunday?

Nibble posted:

I switched to Dancer and realized I had glammed that gear set for Machinist. Thought about redoing it but decided it works as a Coyote Ugly kind of vibe.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

hazardousmouse posted:

Considering that out of the five classes that I focused on leveling, three of them are Tanks. I can certainly say that I know how to tank, more than some players that I've met while leveling SMN.

This is slightly outdated since I just recently got DRK to 65 and got a Ryumaku Ring of Fending.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I have been queueing for the last of the Return to Ivalice raids for 40 minutes now (as a tank, I shudder at the thought of doing this as a DPS), and I just want to get this questline done with already.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

wokow6 posted:

I have been queueing for the last of the Return to Ivalice raids for 40 minutes now (as a tank, I shudder at the thought of doing this as a DPS), and I just want to get this questline done with already.

Tanks have worse queues for Alliance Raids, because there's only three slots to fill, as opposed to six healers or fifteen DPS.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
https://twitter.com/MaskofIo/status/1363421776286420996?s=20

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013

Copycat Zero posted:

Tanks have worse queues for Alliance Raids, because there's only three slots to fill, as opposed to six healers or fifteen DPS.

...I may have made a mistake.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

TBH I'd rather do Aurum Vale than almost any other ARR dungeon. At least everyone has AOE by then.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Bruceski posted:

I went for more of a bar trawling or everyday ranch work fashion than a rodeo getup, but it was the first glam I put together and I'm still happy with it.

Also included: my retainer in her "way to cool to actually look like I'm enjoying this" pose.

I named my retainers after my cats and picked whatever option makes them rude to me, I love it.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

had the pleasure of tanking aurum vale for the first time recently :suicide:

(it actually went ok after we went thru two healers who couldn't figure out their buttons)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The only thing I've ever really hated about AV is that waaaaay back in the day, the marlboro seeds would give a lot more XP if you let them hatch. Most parties in DF would just kill them all first. Fortunately those days are long gone.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Mob exp doesn't scale in roulettes though, right? Only the dungeon completion reward.
So nobody except level 47-49 players would actually care about farming the AV seeds for xp.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, like I said this was back in ARR when the level cap was 50.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I just hit 80 with my first class (Red Mage), and I'm not sure how to start gearing. I can't just Poetics my way to victory anymore, right? I still have a bit of Shadowbringers to go, so it's not a rush, but I wanted to know what to do now that they're not just handing out freebies.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fister Roboto posted:

The only thing I've ever really hated about AV is that waaaaay back in the day, the marlboro seeds would give a lot more XP if you let them hatch. Most parties in DF would just kill them all first. Fortunately those days are long gone.

Ironically now people get mad when you kill them before they hatch

gamers

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean they still give more exp if you let them hatch, it just only matters for people who are actually that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Noper Q posted:

I just hit 80 with my first class (Red Mage), and I'm not sure how to start gearing. I can't just Poetics my way to victory anymore, right? I still have a bit of Shadowbringers to go, so it's not a rush, but I wanted to know what to do now that they're not just handing out freebies.

There are two other kinds of tomestones to grind at level 80: allegory you can get as much as you want for ilvl490 stuff, and revelation is limited to 450 per week for ilvl510 gear. The quickest way to get up to speed is to pay tons of gil for exarchic gear from the market board. I'd recommend at least buying a weapon, it makes the biggest difference.