Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Victory Position posted:

I'm mystified by the concept of breakfast soup

miso in the morning is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

when miso's on a bagel, you can have miso anytime.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Breadallelogram posted:

every time I stumble upon a selection of the most popular podcasts I want to die

i wonder if it's like fake nyt best seller list where publishers just buy up their own books to get on a list

cuz seriously who the gently caress is even listening to the megyn kylly podcast? chuds hate her since trump made fun of her. libs have no reason when there's a zillion ellens and oprahs and poo poo.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
listening to adam curtis on red scare now and lmao first question asked (by dasha) slammed down so hard she doesn't talk for like 15 minutes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dough boys should go on cumtown (I've never listened to dough boys)

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
podcasts I listen to a loy6

-trilbilly worker party
-last podcast on the left
-dollop
-behind the Bastards (my fav)
-QAA
-underculture
-insurgents
-macro voices

podcasts I listen to in spurts

-revolutions
-HH
-This american life

podcasts I listen to if a specific episode is highlighted or used to listen to a lot but got burned out on

-citations needed
-chapo
-comedy bang bang

what else should I be listening to

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quadruple-deck fuckin' burgers

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

crepeface posted:

listening to adam curtis on red scare now and lmao first question asked (by dasha) slammed down so hard she doesn't talk for like 15 minutes.

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

oxsnard posted:

-trilbilly worker party
-dollop
-QAA
-underculture
-insurgents
-macro voices

-revolutions
-HH
-This american life

podcasts I listen to if a specific episode is highlighted or used to listen to a lot but got burned out on

-citations needed
-chapo
-comedy bang bang

TrueAnon
Economic Update with Richard Wolff
Blowback
Trash Future
Death Is Just Around the Corner
Radio War Nerd

and cumtown :twisted:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I can understand not listening to cumtown while driving (or working heh)

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

oxsnard posted:

-trilbilly worker party
-dollop
-QAA
-underculture
-insurgents
-macro voices

-revolutions
-HH
-This american life

-citations needed
-chapo
-comedy bang bang

since you're a doomsday econ regular trash future does a lot of that

the behind the bastards guy is poo poo, stop listening to that garbage

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

oxsnard posted:

-trilbilly worker party
-dollop
-QAA
-underculture
-insurgents
-macro voices

-revolutions
-HH
-This american life

-citations needed
-chapo
-comedy bang bang

ghost stories for the end of the world is very good, and it's made by cspam poster ghostpinballa

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

in the same vein of infrequent but very high quality pods, ALAB is eminently listenable and probably the only podcast where i'll actually go back and relisten to episodes. their stuff on sanctions is very good, for instance

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
#ACFM is great if you want to hear a bunch of Brit leftist academics talk about weirdo left ideas and conceptual stuff (Jeremy Gilbert is my favourite writer out there)

NovaraFM is also very good and James Butler has possibly the best podcasting voice out there

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
nearing the end of this adam curtis red scare episode and it's a bit meandering and awkward but it's... dare I say... good?!? refreshing to hear them talk about things without the shields of irony and contrarianism at least.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

oxsnard posted:

-trilbilly worker party
-dollop
-QAA
-underculture
-insurgents
-macro voices

-revolutions
-HH
-This american life

-citations needed
-chapo
-comedy bang bang

We hate movies

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

oxsnard posted:

-trilbilly worker party
-dollop
-QAA
-underculture
-insurgents
-macro voices

-revolutions
-HH
-This american life

-citations needed
-chapo
-comedy bang bang

stop listening to this american life. true anon is probably the best podcast out there. also add cum town.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

mila kunis posted:

since you're a doomsday econ regular trash future does a lot of that

the behind the bastards guy is poo poo, stop listening to that garbage

robert evans makes me laugh though and it's a good way to learn about some history, especially stuff I want to read more about later

Danger posted:

stop listening to this american life. true anon is probably the best podcast out there. also add cum town.

TAL is soothing to my brain, i know it's lib poo poo but they have some really good episode

I'll add trueanon. I've listened to cumtown before and i dunno, it's ok? Should I just start listening to new episodes or are there classics I should listen to first?

V. Illych L. posted:

in the same vein of infrequent but very high quality pods, ALAB is eminently listenable and probably the only podcast where i'll actually go back and relisten to episodes. their stuff on sanctions is very good, for instance

Harton posted:

We hate movies

MikeCrotch posted:

#ACFM is great if you want to hear a bunch of Brit leftist academics talk about weirdo left ideas and conceptual stuff (Jeremy Gilbert is my favourite writer out there)

NovaraFM is also very good and James Butler has possibly the best podcasting voice out there

thanks!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The curshews episode was one of the funniest ever.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
btw, macro voices is probably the best "normal" markets and economics podcast imo. I don't agree with them on lots of what they say but if you want to hear a neolib discussion on markets it's very interesting

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
andrew yang has my vote

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Listened to the matrix revolutions episode of we hate movies yesterday while boxing up the house for the move.

It was funny, the best part of it is that it’s just loving funny. It’s the only non doom brained podcast I listen too apparently.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Harton posted:

Listened to the matrix revolutions episode of we hate movies yesterday while boxing up the house for the move.

It was funny, the best part of it is that it’s just loving funny. It’s the only non doom brained podcast I listen too apparently.

Paul F Thompkins' The Neighborhood Listen is one i forgot to list, but it's extremely funny

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oxsnard posted:

btw, macro voices is probably the best "normal" markets and economics podcast imo. I don't agree with them on lots of what they say but if you want to hear a neolib discussion on markets it's very interesting

I don't!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah gently caress all of that poo poo man, your doing good posting in the spam, you gotta shed the rest of that D&D though.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
remember how TAL had a very special like weeklong expose on how disability queens were bankrupting the poor government and they need help defending all of their rejections from those awful poors and their appeals

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
to be clear, the hosts and guests aren't just cookie cutter neolibs, but they talk about markets from a neoliberal lens, which is how markets are set up and function. It's a really good way to learn about market mechanics, if that makes sense

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
although, tbf i mostly stopped listening to TAL after Serial, once I realized that while the criminal justice system is poo poo, Syed absolutely killed that girl and the agenda of koenig was super weird

i will maintain that there are some absolutely great episodes of TAL

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Harton posted:

I'll try and get back into WHM every now and again but I I've mostly just found them unlistenable for the past few years and I can't really figure out why

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

oxsnard posted:

-trilbilly worker party
-dollop
-QAA
-underculture
-insurgents
-macro voices

-revolutions
-HH
-This american life

-citations needed
-chapo
-comedy bang bang

Trueanon and radio war nerd and E1 and street fight

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oxsnard posted:

although, tbf i mostly stopped listening to TAL after Serial, once I realized that while the criminal justice system is poo poo, Syed absolutely killed that girl and the agenda of koenig was super weird

Serial was kinda fun because at the start it's very clear that the host believes the trial was a horrendous miscarriage of justice and an innocent man is in jail, and by the end it's very clear that she's half right, he shouldn't have been convicted based on the case the prosecution made, but also he still probably did it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Syed did it but the host got horny.

Strong case for horny being bad.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Serial was kinda fun because at the start it's very clear that the host believes the trial was a horrendous miscarriage of justice and an innocent man is in jail, and by the end it's very clear that she's half right, he shouldn't have been convicted based on the case the prosecution made, but also he still probably did it.

true, but in that genre, seeing how the state of wisconsin railroaded Brendan Dassey (who is 100% innocent) was so much more interesting

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Gripweed posted:

it's been years since i listened to it but the big thing I remember is how it low key cast all kinds of suspicion on his friend Jay to the point where Jay finally gave a separate interview about his experience that was entirely more consistent and convincing than anything Koenig was trying to present.

2fat4sex
Apr 18, 2005

OctoberCountry posted:

I'll try and get back into WHM every now and again but I I've mostly just found them unlistenable for the past few years and I can't really figure out why

The impressions suck and drag on way too long. Their Trump impression was SNL-tier terrible

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

oxsnard posted:

Someone give me the details on this. I never listened to this but there seemed to be a big “holy poo poo he’s innocent” to a “holy poo poo he’s guilty”

How? Also did they make that stupid HBO series with John Turturro because of that dumb podcast?

I can’t listen to the cadence of Ira Glasses voice.

Today...on this American life....I talk to....butts about.....poop.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

OctoberCountry posted:

I only started listening about 6 months to a year ago. May happen to me eventually as well.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

oxsnard posted:

true, but in that genre, seeing how the state of wisconsin railroaded Brendan Dassey (who is 100% innocent) was so much more interesting

Man when they cut to modern Brendan and you see what prison and the food have done to him......gently caress America.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
serial is worth listening to because the production is great, the story itself is interesting, but most importantly it's a masterclass in "how to not do a journalism"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

2fat4sex posted:

The impressions suck and drag on way too long. Their Trump impression was SNL-tier terrible

The impressions to me aren’t funny cause they are great impressions, it’s more the dumb poo poo they say in the voice that makes me laugh.

I do have a hard time listening to any old podcasts recorded before 2017. My perspectives have so fundamentally changed since then and so much poo poo just comes off as tone deaf.