Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

a helpful bear posted:

I will never forgive bernie for giving these fuckers my email address

https://twitter.com/PeepsPowertothe/status/1363642740492410881

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

lmao obviously "listen to the science" was always going to mean "have ducklo embed a video of a scientist talking and biden nodding and then just do whatever" but it's still insane to see

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

oh cool thanks for reminding of the last day i believed in a happy future

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

1stGear posted:

oh cool thanks for reminding of the last day i believed in a happy future

It was pretty fun though.

Remember Chris Matthews freak out on air? lmao

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i donated the legal maximum to bernie's campaign out of the money i got from my mom dying of a preventable cancer thanks to being uninsured, thanks for selling my emails to biden you loving rear end in a top hat!!

going from the high of that chapo live show right after bernie won in nevada and we felt like it was gonna actually happen, to hard lockdowns 3 weeks later was one of the worst feelings i've ever had

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
remember when they added all of the other candidates together and then just had Bernie sitting apart to show he still had a "minority" of votes

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

remember when they added all of the other candidates together and then just had Bernie sitting apart to show he still had a "minority" of votes

Remember when people insisted that wasn't how the primary actually worked?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
this is literally the only thing i could say about obama right now that wouldn't get me probated lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

we genocided some folks

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Brain Candy posted:

nerd you wrote these words

sorry I was thrown in jail for the crime of Thinking Joe Manchin Is Bad

anyway that quote still doesn't explain why people assume i think of myself as a mighty posting warrior

docbeard posted:

we were so naive then

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

comedyblissoption posted:

we genxcided some folx

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

you can tell they're smart because they're wearing lab coats, would someone who's wrong wear a lab coat????

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Yinlock posted:

sorry I was thrown in jail for the crime of Thinking Joe Manchin Is Bad

Joe Manchin is good... hes a democrat

also he's a Joe

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

docbeard posted:

Lol

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Joe manchins role in the cosmic ballet is to be a shithead at all times and then block neeras appointment to director of OMB

You cant say a bad word about the man, not his place to be better, one cannot reform the wind, tame the rain

It his his lot to suck and thrive as it is out lot to eat poo poo and die

This is called politics

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

More like Joe Machine

A sexual machine

Turn him on?

In Joe Manchins people's Republic of West Virginia

Machine on turns YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol

some dem related not-so-old reddit posts,

lol

lmao

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember that time the lockdowns started on march 20th 2020 and the republicans passed the cares act on the 27th

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

Joe Manchin is good... hes a democrat

Egg Moron posted:

Joe manchins role in the cosmic ballet is to be a shithead at all times and then block neeras appointment to director of OMB

You cant say a bad word about the man, not his place to be better, one cannot reform the wind, tame the rain

It his his lot to suck and thrive as it is out lot to eat poo poo and die

This is called politics

these are jokes, and also actual arguments i was given in favor of manchin

"manchin gonna manchin nothing you can do about it" and "manchin has a d next to his name, therefore good, please provide exhaustive proof otherwise if you're so sure" were the all-stars

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dolphin posted:

remember that time the lockdowns started on march 20th 2020 and the republicans passed the cares act on the 27th

but they did it for the wrong reasons

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
getting extremely angry at an email while drinking coffee at 730

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loan simulator 2021

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at my current earnings and even with inflation adjusted raises i will literally never pay off this loan lmao

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Yeah, I don't wanna sound /too/ optimistic, but the hell we're in was the making of a gop senator and administration. The gop is now returning to obama-era obstructionism (trying to pin the dem gov'ts slow pace and ineffectiveness on the dem party) l. That obstructionism is delaying relief, but can't do so indefinitely. We started so far down that there's a lot of room to go up. There's certainly room to go further down, but the night and day differences between the gop and dem governments (and their approaches) leads me to think things will be getting noticably better for most people in short order. And the gop is splitting a bit, with the more misanthropic side seeming to have the advantage in the base, and a stalemate within the leadership.

If gop is planning obstruction in the hopes a majority "votes their pocketbook" - well, the Dems have the advantage so far as that strategy goes.

If they're gunna double down on qanon, misinfo campaigns (that align with efforts by foreign governments), and misanthropy... I mean, I think voters are growing savvy to the plot, so it's no longer a "zero-day exploit", and the misinfo has lost ground on social media, msm, AND they lost control of the federal aparatus that they used to signal boost and validate the lies.

They're gunna keep pushing the radical left to shame their lib friends for paying attention, participating, and voting in collonialist western politics, and I'm worried on that front, but I also fight on that front every day, and I know there are many leftists that hate collonialism but choose to pay attention and be smart about knowing the players and the moves in order to be more effective, and they're pushing back against the (clear "controlled opposition") strategy of using qanon leftists to convince progressive, liberal, and other left-leaning voters to abandon "lame-stream-media", abstain from voting, and abandoning the federal aparatus to Nazi control.

Also, let's consider demeanor. Contrast Beto and AOC's extra-curriculars to Cruz's, over the past week. It's not chance it played out that way. There are not even odds any given day that a dem it rep will be caught pants-down shouting "gently caress you got mine." Two years of such contrast serves the Dems, not the gop.

And then there's the whole "international fascist machine." The sockpuppet strategy that came into focus around '14 (and bore fruit in '16) was a bit if a zero-day, and it seems it was the GRU that employed it so effectively that the impact could no longer be credibly dismissed and denied. Since then, a lot of other state agencies, parties, and other such machine's have assembled similar sockpuppet armies, and now they pulling in different directions. It was pretty clear, for example, that the campaign to convince georgia maga voters to sit out the senate runoffs was *not* run by the IRA or Newt Gingrich, and I'd expect the original effort began outside the international fascist machine.

So yeah. Vote your pocketbook favors Dems. Qanon and sockpuppetry are no longer effective zero-day exploits. Horseshoe theory is real, but I don't think the Nazis will tip any upcoming elections pushing there. The Dems have a demeanor that will appeal more to the common person than the GOP.

If the Dems gain ground in '22, and they push hard to rebalance the gerrymandering that favors the minority party, maybe expand the senate by admitting new states, and pack the court, along with aneconomy that ROARS back following the deployment of the covid vaccine...

I do not identify as a dem; I am an anarchist
anticapitalist antifascist atheist.

I do not want ever again in my lifetime to see the GOP make gains in any governing body. I'm willing to work for this goal.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Sounds like lib poo poo to me OP

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The Unnamed One posted:

Spoiler: The lessons are all "Hide the old people's bodies"

lmao

This is like the gov of LA writing a book about leadership during Hurricane Katrina the moment the levee's burst

he should be impeached for being a fuckin idiot

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lol if they take away his Emmy

No EGOT for him. But he does have plenty of EGO :v:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

This is like the gov of LA writing a book about leadership during Hurricane Katrina the moment the levee's burst

he should be impeached for being a fuckin idiot

Every time I hear about Cuomo I think of that Jennifer Rubin tweet with her gushing over him because of that picture of his family eating a meatball at a weirdly sterile dinner table last year.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol I thought he was being earnest for a second

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Eggplant Squire posted:

Every time I hear about Cuomo I think of that Jennifer Rubin tweet with her gushing over him because of that picture of his family eating a meatball at a weirdly sterile dinner table last year.

lol yeah that was weird as hell

I think of when one of the Chapo guys called him Lydia Soprano

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1363821917044695049

Suck my whole rear end!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/olgakhazan/status/1362850901900296199?s=19

They're getting ready to walk back DC statehood.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

id like to give a hearty lol to neera finally, finally getting close to the kind of power she's been longing for only to immediately get knifed by manchin out of random spite

"oh what you thought you were actually part of the big club just because you've dedicated your life to serving us? ha ha adorable"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

YES

HA HA HA

YESSSSSSSSS!

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Turns out the spike is pointy and that means only Black and Hispanic area schools can open.

Science!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

incredible

her TL is going to be insane

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is congress still on vacation or are they going to pretend to vote this week on relief that millions are waiting for

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/olgakhazan/status/1362850901900296199?s=19

They're getting ready to walk back DC statehood.

I didn't think DC statehood was ever on the table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

spacemang_spliff posted:

I didn't think DC statehood was ever on the table

That's not what they told us during the campaign.