Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Arzakon posted:

SCVX ($230M) is probably going to need a big PIPE to take a sizable chunk of SentinelOne (November Valuation $3.1B).

https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1363571801289154560?s=20

Papa Chamath can u hear me calling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

i do that every morning but you dont see me tweetin

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Mr. Pizza posted:

i do that every morning but you dont see me tweetin

e: VVV Look him up.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 22, 2021

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

I do not know who this guy is really but I appreciate the amount of Twitter followers gained being listed next to all that other stuff

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Didn't Chamath call out a fund manager for marrying a trophy wife...only to divorce his own wife a year later to get himself a trophy wife?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Tortilla Maker posted:

Didn't Chamath call out a fund manager for marrying a trophy wife...only to divorce his own wife a year later to get himself a trophy wife?

This is my DD to predict he comes in and steals Lucid from Klein.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

This is the exact thought I had but everyone else is hoping he fucks up Lucid.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Handen posted:

This is my DD to predict he comes in and steals Lucid from Klein.

Originally I picked up IPOF on this rumor as a hedge for CCIV but as CCIV has gone up I haven't increased my IPOF position so the hedge isn't as complete now (I guess)?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
In one of the spac discords, there's an ex analyst named anpanman who actually knows what he's doing. He put down some words of wisdom here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14P5WqiK8-XGTYxSTOAbk2-XL1kqHoUk_U1RxFTejo_M/edit?usp=sharing

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Really well articulated, and it echoes a lot of the main points of our strategy. It's a nice piece of confirmation that we're on a good path.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That was a good read and it was easy to understand. Thanks for sharing it.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

GrandmaParty posted:

In one of the spac discords, there's an ex analyst named anpanman who actually knows what he's doing. He put down some words of wisdom here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14P5WqiK8-XGTYxSTOAbk2-XL1kqHoUk_U1RxFTejo_M/edit?usp=sharing

Good read. Thank you.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

GrandmaParty posted:

This is good, maybe it could get added to the OP?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

GrandmaParty posted:

This is the way.

Divot
Dec 23, 2013
Is there a preferred brokerage for investing in SPAC's?

Divot fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 22, 2021

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

GrandmaParty posted:

This almost makes it seem like free money, which is probably not sustainable in the long run.

Anyway, my ALTU shares jumped 24% since I last checked on Thursday and I can't for the life of me work out why. gently caress these things are fun.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

I'm significantly reallocating to SPACs. Just can't shake this feeling like the markets going to implode any minute?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
OK you all talked me into picking up some SCVX premarket, let's go rumors!

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Divot posted:

Is there a preferred brokerage for investing in SPAC's?

I switched to Fidelity specifically because there are no fees for unit splits. Pretty good interface, never blocked me from buying GME or any other nonsense.

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
Pershing Square Tontine Holdings (PSTH) is super interesting in that it is structured to minimize dilution as well as holding through the merger. It is a 4 billion dollar SPAC run by Bill Ackman that is targeting mature unicorns with wide moats. The sponsor takes no promote and instead will invest $65 mil in exchange for warrants that are twenty percent out of the money and are not saleable or exercisable until three years after the merger. The warrants are also much smaller at 1/9 warrant per unit. Holders that redeem their units pre-merger will also have to forfeit their warrants (which is uncommon in SPACs). If you hold through merger then you get the warrants that were forfeited from redeemers.

From the prospectus: "We believe that this incentive structure is better aligned with our stockholders and potential merger partners, substantially less dilutive than typical incentive arrangements in other blank check companies, and therefore will be more attractive to potential investors in this offering."

PSTH is already 50% above NAV so I'm not going to throw any money into it but it will be interesting to see if this catches on with newer SPACs now that there is so much competition.

Source: Stanford/NYU Law https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3720919. This is a great article in general about the risk of SPACs and how most pre-merger action is run by a small group of SPAC focused hedge funds that exit via share redemptions or selling the shares to bagholders.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Oof. Faii burned me bad.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

GrandmaParty posted:

Oof. Faii burned me bad.

Looks like management at least recognizes the disappointment:

"FVAC II has amended the terms of its founder equity to align with long-term value creation and performance of the Company. FVAC II's sponsor will defer 100 percent of its founder shares in accordance with the following vesting schedule: 33 percent at $12.00 per share, 33 percent at $14.00 per share and 33 percent at $16.00 per share. FVAC II's sponsor will also cancel 50 percent of private warrants."

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

What happened to the account announcement? Wasn’t it supposed to be at 9am est?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

NGAC news today which is also a dud, welp

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

What happened to the account announcement? Wasn’t it supposed to be at 9am est?

If you're talking about sentinelone their thing is tomorrow.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

If you're talking about sentinelone their thing is tomorrow.

Ah, yes.

Thank you.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Sold my small position of CCIV so it's clear to launch now.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

Looks like management at least recognizes the disappointment:

"FVAC II has amended the terms of its founder equity to align with long-term value creation and performance of the Company. FVAC II's sponsor will defer 100 percent of its founder shares in accordance with the following vesting schedule: 33 percent at $12.00 per share, 33 percent at $14.00 per share and 33 percent at $16.00 per share. FVAC II's sponsor will also cancel 50 percent of private warrants."

Can you link me to where you read this? Interested in that last sentence...

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Edit: oops ignore

Rolo fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 22, 2021

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Bought back into CCIV at 37 to see how it goes for the day. So it'll collapse, just fair warning!

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

Handen posted:

Can you link me to where you read this? Interested in that last sentence...

One of the bottom comments in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/SPACs/comments/lplv7t/advent_intlbacked_ati_physical_therapy_set_to_go/

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Nosre posted:

NGAC news today which is also a dud, welp

+6.6% right now, must've taken a minute for news to get out?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Chamath keeping me green today.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Got out of CCIV at $63 this morning while I slept thanks to a limit order I placed last night based on the Berlin market price. Thinking I'll roll most of it into bulking up my current positions that are still close to NAV.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Burn Zone posted:

+6.6% right now, must've taken a minute for news to get out?

Oh nice. When I posted that in pre-market it was down like 6% so it seemed the news was out and was disliked

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Lot of fear mongering by right wing pundits right now.. I guess the intention is to stir up poo poo about "overheating," inflation and nonsense as a last ditch effort to prevent the stimulus from being passed. As a result we have a but more of an uncertain or down period this week.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

AHAC is up a bit

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Just updated the OP spreadsheet. I took out a bunch of underperforming DAs (ACEV, FTOC, FUSE) as well as some SPACs that IMO are too overpriced to buy on zero news (DMYI, GSAH, QELL). There's plenty of NAV commons and pre-split Units to choose from right now. There's been an unusual number of dud merger targets lately, which makes it more important than ever to get in at a low price.

Good luck out there! :angel:

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks for your hard work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

uh hi IPOF +17%. This can't just be hype from his little tweet