Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

Oh yeah Canada has one of those too actually

Alberta's mace was made of garbage, once.
https://www.assembly.ab.ca/learn/the-legislative-assembly/roles/section-title-what-is-the-legislative-assembly

Alberta posted:

in 1906, Premier Alexander Rutherford’s government neglected to arrange for a Mace. One was hastily ordered and created in only a few weeks by Rufus E. Butterworth in the lead up to the first session of the Assembly. Alberta’s first Mace was made entirely from scrap, featuring a plumbing pipe for the shaft, a toilet tank float for the orb, ornamental decorations made from old shaving mug handles, bits of an old bedstead and other scraps of wood, a piece of red velvet and a coat of gold paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Queen Gnome posted:

People on this site suffer from some severe condition that prevents them from dropping a topic.
Correction: there is such a thing as a half a queen

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

seems very appropriate for alberta

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Queen Gnome posted:

People on this site suffer from some severe condition that prevents them from dropping a topic.

...uh, isn't that endemic to the whole internet?

Also, for worse allied member, might I propose Britain - who's maladministration of one country was so great it possibly killed more people than anything under Stalinist Russia, we literally don't know because the British government ordered all of the documents relating to this time period destroyed?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Arivia posted:

for bonus points, the one we just appointed was appointed for being an astronaut

ASTRONAUT was so cool we overlooked the giant legacy of workplace emotional abuse scandals and resignations she had going on

and then it happened again and we have to find a new one because it turns out astronauts are not always good people at being the ceremonial heads of a country

e: like she would literally stop staff and yell astronomy questions at them and fire them on the spot if they couldn't get it right
Did Dr McNinja save you?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Was Luxembourg an Allies or an Axis?

Coz I enjoyed the week I spent there about 15 years ago on my backpacking holiday. Also, I half remember a story I heard that apparently all Luxembourgois citizens get to have tea and biscuits with the King on their 14th birthday. Although I could be confusing that with the plot to Goodbye, Mr. Chips.

I believe this to be the final word on the matter.

To post a Social Media Idiot. Have a picture my Dad posted on Facebook about high petrol prices in India. (My dad blames Modi.)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Samovar posted:

...uh, isn't that endemic to the whole internet?

Also, for worse allied member, might I propose Britain - who's maladministration of one country was so great it possibly killed more people than anything under Stalinist Russia, we literally don't know because the British government ordered all of the documents relating to this time period destroyed?

Don’t worry, like all colonisers we ended up running the home country as a colony and the callous mismanagement has never stopped.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Arivia posted:

e: like she would literally stop staff and yell astronomy questions at them and fire them on the spot if they couldn't get it right
This is like how a really bad writer would write a politician or person of power who used to be an astronaut. It's so absurd it comes off as just lazy script.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Vib Rib posted:

This is like how a really bad writer would write a politician or person of power who used to be an astronaut. It's so absurd it comes off as just lazy script.

Literally nothing surprises me about the ruling class. There's always something worse and more absurd.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Skwirl posted:

Even Trump didn't do Blackface.

drat I guess that means there's no proof that Trump is racist

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

AlbieQuirky posted:

Picnic Princess lives in Canada, iirc.

Canada had japanese internment camps and participated in the bombing campaigns so

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

BrigadierSensible posted:

Was Luxembourg an Allies or an Axis?

Coz I enjoyed the week I spent there about 15 years ago on my backpacking holiday. Also, I half remember a story I heard that apparently all Luxembourgois citizens get to have tea and biscuits with the King on their 14th birthday. Although I could be confusing that with the plot to Goodbye, Mr. Chips.

I believe this to be the final word on the matter.

To post a Social Media Idiot. Have a picture my Dad posted on Facebook about high petrol prices in India. (My dad blames Modi.)

Can we get a translation of the text for the 97% of the world who don’t speak Telugu? Also didn’t Modi’s government raise taxes on petrol recently?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Skwirl posted:

Even Trump didn't do Blackface.
He was more about the yellowface

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

This belongs in some thread but he'll if I know which one

https://nypost.com/2021/02/20/ca-mom-bullied-by-fellow-parents-for-selling-sexy-snaps-on-onlyfans/

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

EasilyConfused posted:

Thanks for your contribution!

EasilyConfused posted:

Not all bad things are equivalent.

This conversation is not going to go anywhere good, so I suggest we both drop it.

Holy poo poo, it's like I'm looking at my dumb teenage self, but I made these posts last night.

Dunno why I jumped down your throat Charles, my bad.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

The BUY BRITISH Facebook group is pretty hilarious right now

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Immediately change your character's gender [Inbox]

I have been a loyal follower of your page for almost a year, and have been under the impression that your character, specifically the rabbit, was a female. However, recent revelations have forced me to come into the open and make this account to commune with you. Witness my account, upon seeing the gifts you have purchased for your boyfriend (an imperial pox on ones self for not reading context, like with Mandy!) I realised that you were a homophile, which would in turn mean that your rabbit character is a male.

I am incredibly displeased at this fact. Firstmost, Vore is generally known as a female-exclusive power. Female predators make up a large amount of all predator characters, thus my asumption. Secondly, I have spent a grand time using your images for the sake of oneristic practises, and I am feeling EXTRAORDINARY shame for having practised onerism not only to someone of my male gender, but also to the art of a homophile.

Thirdmost, your character and yourself is known in my view now, as an outlier, something strange that must be corrected with imperative.

Therefore I am commanding you to change the gender of your character to female. I realise this command is one that you, as a homophile, with limited reasoning skills, may not understand. Therefore, I shall present my reasons as to why you should do this.

First, it shall put one of your most loyal watchers' fears, doubts and turning-night-terrors to absolute rest.

Secondly, your works would get significantly more views, as the audience for homophile, and male predators is exceedingly dim-and-tiny.

Thirdly, it would help to establish vore as a female-exclusive power to your watchers, many of whom I now suspect to be nothing more than homophile, communist infiltrators. This would turn tides not only in the fandom, but in the world, as more people turn to the right side. The right side.

Consider my petition wisely, lagomorph. I have an exceedingly sharp wit, and if you do not take this request lightly, then shall be forced to debate you on this matter.

And believe me, you do NOT want to debate me. I am unparalled in intellect, reasoning and wit, and have not been mind-changed on a point once, either by my kin or by people of the communist side.

Tick-Tock.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Scratch Monkey posted:

The BUY BRITISH Facebook group is pretty hilarious right now

From someone complaining that Heinz tins don't stack easily :confused: :

quote:

Worth a read. I rely on Wikipedia for what I believe to be factual , balanced, information.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not to throw shade on this excellent power move but I don't know if "only a few weeks" is that great a brag for how long it took to glue that poo poo together

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Absolutely no emoticons
Impostor! Pretender to the throne of the Most Melancholy Megafauna! Off with your head!

But seriously though, that's one of the creepiest thing I've ever seen written in this internet.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Saddest Rhino posted:

oneristic practises

do you think he meant onanistic or boneriffic here ??

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Boneristic, like a professional bonerist

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rockman Reserve posted:

Oneiristic, as in, concerning dreams.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Skwirl posted:

It's honestly a little bizarre we never elected an astronaut to President, given how much dick sucking both Kennedy and GWB got for being able to fly a plane.

Wait, Kennedy was navy and not a pilot. Why did I think he could fly a plane?

Double edit: It's because there's an airport named after him

his kid gave it a shot

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Rockman Reserve posted:

It’s “onerous” because manually jerking off is a tedious, burdensome task for one of his intellect. A true rhetorician could debate himself to completion.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I heard somewhere that most people assume they're above average in intelligence, but I do love seeing very stupid people attempt to talk "smart" because they think being excessively verbose makes them sound eloquent and proves how smart they are.

It's like some sort of cargo cult academia.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

wizzardstaff posted:

It’s “onerous” because manually jerking off is a tedious, burdensome task for one of his intellect. A true rhetorician could debate himself to completion.

truly, never doubt the abilities of a master debater

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

RoboRodent posted:

It's terrifying how much of the world is run by cargo culting things that went before.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

RoboRodent posted:

I heard somewhere that most people assume they're above average in intelligence, but I do love seeing very stupid people attempt to talk "smart" because they think being excessively verbose makes them sound eloquent and proves how smart they are.

Graceless grandiloquence guarantees the grantor is a grotesque fuckface.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

his kid gave it a shot

:gas:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

RoboRodent posted:

https://twitter.com/Shvartacus/status/1096871228390789120

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1298041167628480512?s=20
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1298057008625549312?s=20

(Not quite the same thing but I still love it)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

i know human sexuality is a broad and exciting spectrum of fascinating viewpoints and kinks and i can respect that but vore fetishists are loving weird and viscerally offputting on a transcendental level

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't know if high gas prices is necessarily Modi's doing but it doesn't seem like that big a stretch considering the kind of economic policies he's known for.

Or is the idiocy here the fact someone hanged their motorcycle?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

The idiot is the website:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

RoboRodent posted:

Case in point: this idiot

Splicer posted:

I don't know who Tiggum is but they're right. I would argue that it's theoretically possible to have a twist where the "key piece of information" is hidden in plain site the whole time, in which case it's not technically being "kept from the audience", but the core point stands.

e: this post sounds so pretentious I want to shove myself in a locker

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/erinbiba/status/1363694245819936768?s=20

"I'm not interrupting you. You just can't handle me because I'm Jewish or something"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
She's right though? It's not specific to Jewish people and it's present in a lot of other cultures but it's definitely a thing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I hate the way she talks alone much less talking over someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I'm going to say people interrupt you because they want to say their own thing, not because they're listening to you so well, lmao.