Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

harperdc posted:

it'll pop some mainstream eyes, who then see the rest of WrestleMania and return back to what they were doing.

Will it? The Rumble didn't appear to have more interest than normal and Raw did a terrible rating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I promise you he'd have put more effort in had he been booked to go over.

That might be sorta right. Not so much about the "booked to go over" part, but in Nak's book he makes it VERY clear that he's only going to invest the time and energy into a company that they're going to invest in him. No more, no less.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

MassRafTer posted:

Will it? The Rumble didn't appear to have more interest than normal and Raw did a terrible rating.

It was up against a Walter Mercado marathon

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Women's Title Eliminator Tournament spoilers (and bonus Dynamite spoilers)

quote:

The remainder of the U.S. side of the Women's Eliminator Tournament was filmed with next week's Dynamite and Dark tapings.

Results:
Nyla Rose beat Thunder Rosa in the finals of the US side.

Bonus spoiler from Dynamite:
Sting on a zip line from the rafters.

Tony about to bust everyone's brackets in half. I just hope they don't do Shida vs. Nyla again. Ryo vs. Shida and Ryo vs. Nyla should absolutely slap though.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Feb 19, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pylons posted:

Tony about to bust everyone's brackets in half. I just hope they don't do Shida vs. Nyla again. Ryo vs. Shida and Ryo vs. Nyla should absolutely slap though.
Finals should be the March 3rd show since it's the next live, but I didn't expect Britt to be out that fast.

Love Shida to bits, but she hasn't really grounded a character in AEW, if the winner of the tournament doesn't take the tile off her then Britt needs to ASAP as the #1 contender.

Shida's charismatic, she's a dorky cosplayer and learned most of her English by watching the Harry Potter movies on loop for several years (Which is why she has a British accent) but you'd never know it because she hasn't really gotten to be herself in AEW yet. It's not because AEW doesn't want to feature her, she's admitted that she doesn't have the confidence to cut promos in AEW and is pretty shy in front of a live camera.

The women's title needs to be on more vocal character, it's got to be either Nyla or Britt unless Ryo or Yuka are here full-time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pylons posted:

My bracket :negative: I might still pull ahead if Yuka is in the finals and wins

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, uh, unsourced spoilers are uncool, where did you find them?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Did I miss the Japan side results leaking?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

karmicknight posted:

So, uh, unsourced spoilers are uncool, where did you find them?

they're from that reddit poster who always goes to Dynamite tapings, SpaceForce1

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Did I miss the Japan side results leaking?

They happened in Japan with like a production of nine people, there's no leaking that.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

That was my assumption too, but the confidence behind fantasy booking Ryo caught my eye.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

That was my assumption too, but the confidence behind fantasy booking Ryo caught my eye.

I believe everyone else on the Japanese side wouldn't be able to make it on the 3rd. Aja is booked for an Oz Academy event IIRC, Emi is unlikely to take that much time away, same with Yuka.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/XavierGray11/status/1363712755048456195

i have so many questions

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

They kinda booked themselves into a corner with Miz winning MITB, but that's really no surprise for anyone at this point.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They should've just taken it away when Morrison cashed it in!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They have another PPV before WM that's also the debut of the Network on Peacock, makes perfect sense to do a title change to make it seem like a big deal for people who are checking it out just because

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

miz blatantly made a deal w/ MVP to have lashley beat up drew extra hard after the chamber match. It's extremely likely that it was in exchange for miz's first world title shot for lashley, and very believable to have lashley beat him and go on to face drew (the guy he beat up for no reason) at wrestlemania.

frankly this story is pretty bold-faced and obvious, I think. which is not a dig, imo.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Procrastinator posted:

miz blatantly made a deal w/ MVP to have lashley beat up drew extra hard after the chamber match. It's extremely likely that it was in exchange for miz's first world title shot for lashley, and very believable to have lashley beat him and go on to face drew (the guy he beat up for no reason) at wrestlemania.

frankly this story is pretty bold-faced and obvious, I think. which is not a dig, imo.

But but that gets no one over! The Miz as a transitional champion is a loving why - Drew looks bad in losing to him, Lashley looks bad in beating a guy hes expected to beat, and then Lashley v Drew has two loser outcomes - Lashley wins and he had nothing to prove anyway and didnt need Miz at all rendering the transition pointless, or Drew wins the belt back and we are back where we started except now Drew AND Lashley look weak.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

anakha posted:

They kinda booked themselves into a corner with Miz winning MITB, but that's really no surprise for anyone at this point.

Should have kept it on Otis. :colbert:

I'm still convinced there was a plan for Otis to give it to Sonya as a way of getting Mandy out of their hair-vs-hair match, but whoops, that whole stalker thing happened. :sigh:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Lid posted:

But but that gets no one over! The Miz as a transitional champion is a loving why - Drew looks bad in losing to him, Lashley looks bad in beating a guy hes expected to beat, and then Lashley v Drew has two loser outcomes - Lashley wins and he had nothing to prove anyway and didnt need Miz at all rendering the transition pointless, or Drew wins the belt back and we are back where we started except now Drew AND Lashley look weak.

I strongly disagree with your sentiment given that the miz beat drew with his fairly protected finisher after both a long chamber match and an extended beatdown by a fresh competitor. the miz losing at fastlane is conceptually the payoff to his heeling with the briefcase for months, and may involve the people hes been feuding with. and I think your projections about drew and lashley looking weak whoever wins at mania is not particularly compelling.

like if you consider every wwe match winner weak because wwe does bad matches a lot, then sure whatever, why even pretend you'd consider anybody as booked strong. There are and will be bad, embarrassing specifics due to it being wwe, but the overall idea that a stable made a play to get a world title while taking MITB off the table is one that I like, personally.

EDIT:

Vandar posted:

Should have kept it on Otis. :colbert:

otis cashing in on a weary Kofi kingston finally retrieving his title behind the backs of the world in a chamber rmatch. yeah baby. monster heel otis.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

No! No heel Otis! Bad Procrastinator!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/KennyMcITR/status/1363795003143827456?s=20

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
otis' tag team should've stayed together and he should've cashed it in on the tag titles

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/MastrContender/status/1363798554054131713?s=20

lol "pissing you off and ignoring good matches is the point"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

DLC Inc posted:

You know what draws viewers in? Weak champions being put over better challengers in the name of the narrative... why can i hear sirens blaring suddenly?

IN MY WORLD

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

gently caress it I want Bad Bunny, WWE Champion.

Or Universal or whatever, I don't know which one it is.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

gently caress it I want Bad Bunny, WWE Champion.

Or Universal or whatever, I don't know which one it is.

As long as it heralds the return of Brock.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

If Kenny somehow ducked the exploding barbed wire match it wouldn't make me mad at Kenny, it would make me mad at AEW.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m not even seeing a lot of rage directed at Miz. Plenty of apathy though.

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005
How can there be "go away heat" when there aren't even crowds?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Miz winning just generates disinterest.

The end results are either...

1) Miz takes the title to Wrestlemania
2) Miz loses the title to someone else, who takes it to Wrestlemania

Either way, it's stupid and I don't care to see the match that comes next

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Miz winning to me just further devalues the WWE championship compared to the Universal. The WWE championship is just the super-Intercontinental belt now.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
The belts are literally interchangeable

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dacap posted:

Miz winning to me just further devalues the WWE championship compared to the Universal. The WWE championship is just the super-Intercontinental belt now.

It was as soon as Roman came back.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

If Kenny somehow ducked the exploding barbed wire match it wouldn't make me mad at Kenny, it would make me mad at AEW.

I mean, in fairness, that would be REALLY lovely storytelling considering Omega's the one that wants the barbed wire match.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not the prestigious jinderweight championship

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

OctoberCountry posted:

The belts are literally interchangeable

lol remember at the draft when Street Profits and New Day just gave each other their belts

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Pylons posted:

It was as soon as Roman came back.

Brock beat Kofi for the WWE Title, and then quit SmackDown for Raw. This coupled with Wyatt winning the Universal title, effectively swapped the belts.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I mean it’s a huge flaw by calling anything the “Raw” title.

Same goes for the women’s titles. Why we don’t just have one main women’s championship and an Intercontinental equivalent is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Because the WWF is a cargo cult.