Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, where's the swords and guns and vehicles? How are you going to sell playsets that don't include any of the main characters so you have to buy their action figures separately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My niece's third birthday party was Plants vs Zombies themed. Her favourite stuffed toy is the 'gooser' which is what she calls the peashooters. It's one of her favourite things in the universe.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Im having hemorrhoid removal surgery and explained to my kids whats happening. My daughters takeaway is that they will be cutting out my butt and giving me a robot butt instead.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Man, again?? Looks like you just can't catch a break!

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
Tonight

Me: where you all going?
Wife: out for cigarettes (joke)
10 yo Son: yah, we’re gonna smoke some grass
Wife: wtf, you dont know what grass is
Son: do too! Its weed!
Wife: wtf! How do you know that?
Son: im smart! *starts dancing*
Me: wtf.....

Neither one of us smoke so its not like weed is a common subject around the house. No clue where that all came from. Gonna blame fortnite.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Great user name/son combo.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
My nephew recently, when he saw some shredded cheese that had been sprinkled over tater tots remained on my plate: "If you're not going to eat that extra cheese then your life has no meaning."

He was right, to be fair.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

The profundity of children will never be matched.

I miss that in my teenage kid. The stories he came up with about slapping Asian carp out of the air were amazing.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

We've been drawing with coal in the kindergarten and I put all the drawings up for display. This means that there's now a coal drawing of what really looks like a big cock on the display wall.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
This whole gallery is full kids being creepy little fucks.

Reminds me of one night, snuggling with my then eighteen month old, maybe two years old, daughter, trying to get her to sleep. The entire room is dark, except for me reading something on my phone, with the brightness all the way down.

Out of nowhere, my kid begins loving giggling. Just staring straight into the pitch black darkness, giggling her little head off. I turned the flashlight on, saw nothing, and she stopped and went to sleep.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"Alhazred!"
"What?"
"Look at me! I am adorable!"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Four-year-old wearing cat ears headband, cat paw gloves and cat slippers, "I am now a fully-covered cat! MEOW!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

My older nephews L & E (11 & 10) were visiting my parents, and my sister came by with my older nephew H (2). Dinner was being prepared, but every time E was even close to standing up, H made an extra-adorable face "E do you wanna play with me?" :kiddo: like 10 times, he said that

H also has a thing where he'll go "I'm gonna get cozy" and he gets on the couch and gets blankets and pillows and sits up very straight like it's a serious thing to get cozy :kimchi:

Wish I had something to say about L & E but I wasn't there. I have to make do with pictures & facetime & summaries until covid is over :unsmith:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Carthag Tuek posted:

H also has a thing where he'll go "I'm gonna get cozy" and he gets on the couch and gets blankets and pillows and sits up very straight like it's a serious thing to get cozy :kimchi:

It is truly a serious thing to get cozy. Or comfy, whichever you prefer. :comfyzelda:

For content, my year-old niece has taken up the habit of sitting in boxes. No cats at their house, so no clue where she picked it up.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jade Rider posted:

It is truly a serious thing to get cozy. Or comfy, whichever you prefer. :comfyzelda:

For content, my year-old niece has taken up the habit of sitting in boxes. No cats at their house, so no clue where she picked it up.

Kids are like hermit crabs, they have a natural instinct to crawl into empty containers or shells.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
This is completely true. One of my favourite things to do as a kid was to pull apart the couch (we had one of those two-piece sofas that fit into corners) and throw a blanket over the gap that I would then declare my new living cave. There was something strangely comforting about it. I still love sleeping in tents.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sleeping outside & listening to the the rain drum on your tent is amazing. one of the best things i experienced as a kid

i was not a big fan of my pillow fort being drummed on by piss

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I was washing my hands in the kitchen sink when I sprayed my wife with some water, prompted to yell out, "What the gently caress?!"

Without skipping a beat my 6 year old belts out, "Yeah! What the gently caress, Dad!" with all the glee of a little kid who knows someone else is in bigger trouble than he is.

Carthag Tuek posted:

sleeping outside & listening to the the rain drum on your tent is amazing. one of the best things i experienced as a kid

i was not a big fan of my pillow fort being drummed on by piss

This raises some questions.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
My 7 year old niece decided to make a valentines day book that contained words related to the holiday.

She was trying to write "kind"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I love how well that works if you just take it as presented. Nice love, romantic humor and silly kinks are the foundation of many a relationship.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

tribbledirigible posted:

This raises some questions.

no kindshaming

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My 5 year old daughter: "I want a cupcake!"

me: "We don't have any cupcakes, honey."

Her: (exasperated) "Well NOW how am I supposed to eat a cupcake?"

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Alhazred posted:

Kids are like hermit crabs, they have a natural instinct to crawl into empty containers or shells.

Absolutely. I definitely did it, and my son too. He got into a dishwasher box and said we had to tape it closed so he couldn't "run away and escape in the night!" (emphasis his)

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

HopperUK posted:

Four-year-old wearing cat ears headband, cat paw gloves and cat slippers, "I am now a fully-covered cat! MEOW!"

Completely kitted out.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

Completely kittied out.
FTFY

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
My 8-year-old is not a native speaker but picked up some English via YouTube.
Yesterday he played with one of those Snapchat filters on my phone that pastes your eyes and mouth into a picture of a cow.
This is what he recorded (in English):

Hey guys.
I'm a cow.

(pause)

Yeah.
A cow.
Um.
So.

(long pause)

Guess I'm gonna poop some milk.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I felt genuinely :corsair: today when the kids at the kindergarten explained what tik tok is.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Alhazred posted:

I felt genuinely :corsair: today when the kids at the kindergarten explained what tik tok is.

Is it not, like, youtube but cooler for reasons?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It's like Youtube, but entirely for, like, short 30 second funny animal videos that just happened to you as you went through your day. You can't post a video above one minute in length there and you're encouraged not to. Perfect for children, pretty much.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

tik tok is vine, op

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Carthag Tuek posted:

tik tok is vine, op

but who was phone

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

From what I understand, one the things that actually separates tiktok from other video apps like vine or whatever is that it's incredibly easy to record a video with audio clips from movies/tv and music over it, so kids use it to do short dances or reenact scenes from tv in a funny way and stuff. The kids I work with do some really funny, creative and sometimes even beautiful stuff with it, it's pretty cool.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The app also supposedly sends everything it finds in your phones clipboard to home servers at regular intervals. 21st century privacy and all that, but when people go on about TikTok spying on you they mean TikTok takes it to a whole new level.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

The app also supposedly sends everything it finds in your phones clipboard to home servers at regular intervals. 21st century privacy and all that, but when people go on about TikTok spying on you they mean TikTok takes it to a whole new level.

I think zoomers know that privacy is a fiction regardless.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Bit of a difference between that and only being a step from outright keylogging you.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

One of the kids In the kindergarten has named me "el protector". They also sometimes refer to me as professor. So my title is "el professor protector."

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/A24/status/1365058232734130186?s=20

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Id pay to see Macaroon 5 in concert.

My son, with the same tone and reverence as if he just made the greatest discovery in the history of mankind.

"Dad!! I just realized something!! Burps are just mouth farts!! :aaa:"

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Well, they are.

https://twitter.com/toddedillard/status/1367238365448450051?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
My son was mad about a family situation. I asked him if he wanted to talk about it and he replied "dad, when I'm like this.... Your voice sounds like a toilet flushing".

Been online almost 30 years, never been owned this hard.