Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

more like Center for American Posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lansdowne posted:

speaking of pete, luke savage wrote up a pretty good dunk of his latest book in jacobin
Pete Buttigieg Is Bootleg Obama in the Worst Ways Possible

it included this passage which is a sterling example of pete's general style that I find intolerable

is this ready player one

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

so what loving ghoul are they going to replace Neera with?

Gene Sperling, aka "pretty much the exact same dude they appointed to every other position"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol she's going to withdraw her nomination to spend more time with her children, Franzia and Alexanax

lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

i think from sunday-wednesday after nevada or so there was a huge runup on predicit of every single state in the usa going bernie in the primary, then clyburn came out for biden on..thursday and the SC vote was saturday, 2/29

then bernie's campaign was ended on march 1st by obama and people didn't want to admit it until they saw him get crushed in texas, michigan, illinois etc

at least we won california :unsmith:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

this is also what democrats were thinking, which is why they stopped fooling around and killed it

yeah and we all knew that was going to happen

what shocked everyone was how quickly they did it. i was still expecting a big super tuesday win

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

more like Center for American Posters

C-SPAM: it stands for Center for SPAM

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
at least that primary completely removed any residual "eh maybe he was alright" i fell about obama that was already on its way out over the past 5 years.

piece of poo poo, he completely crushed the left in this country by promising something and then completely sitting on it and then having the gall to continue to "be involved" instead of loving off to his billionaire friends' pedophile islands

way to loving go calling up basketball players to force them back to work when they wanted to actually shut things down because of ongoing racist police brutality

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gresh posted:

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1363871079647703041

lol holy poo poo what a cuck. neera has done more damage to the progressive cause than any republican you moron

I don't think that is true. She hasn't really done anything herself she's an apparatchik...

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

registering neerais47.com

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shipon posted:

at least that primary completely removed any residual "eh maybe he was alright" i fell about obama that was already on its way out over the past 5 years.

piece of poo poo, he completely crushed the left in this country by promising something and then completely sitting on it and then having the gall to continue to "be involved" instead of loving off to his billionaire friends' pedophile islands

way to loving go calling up basketball players to force them back to work when they wanted to actually shut things down because of ongoing racist police brutality

actually they had to make him come back from windsurfing with richard branson on whore island specifically to do that

the powers that be quite obviously got spooked

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lmao I just found some Youtube comments I made 11 years ago (on whatever the "Discussions" tab is):

quote:

The entire reason why people say progressive taxation is unfair is because they think pay is directly proportional to work. It is proportional (almost anyone making 6 figures is working their rear end off), but not directly.

I'm apparently trying to argue that pay doesn't correspond to work, but "almost anyone making 6 figures is working their rear end off" hahahahaha

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

If AOC doesnt suck rear end, why is she in the suck rear end government of the suck rear end USA?

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 20:19 on Feb 22, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

lmao I just found some Youtube comments I made 11 years ago (on whatever the "Discussions" tab is):

I'm apparently trying to argue that pay doesn't correspond to work, but "almost anyone making 6 figures is working their rear end off" hahahahaha

lmao

I pray I never accidentally run across any of my old lib-rear end posts

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Jesus christ

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Happy Birthday to this future director of OMB

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

lmao

I pray I never accidentally run across any of my old lib-rear end posts

This is the real reason you can't run into your former self when you're time traveling, you'll murder them

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Egg Moron posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Egg Moron posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Did Biden send out $2000 survival payments and/or cure cancer yet?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Egg Moron posted:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

Did Biden send out $2000 survival payments and/or cure cancer yet?

No but in light of doing absolutely nothing he's going to light some candles

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Egg Moron posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Egg Moron posted:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Egg Moron posted:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Egg Moron posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Egg Moron posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/PA_Capitol_Boy/status/1363756010133929985

tfw the learned party elders undermine democracy to squash a nascent social progressive moment :feelsgood:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

like, when your feel-good story to counter Nevada isn't Biden winning SC but centrist Voltron assembling, the mask has fallen straight to the earth's core and is but a distant memory

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

loquacius posted:

like, when your feel-good story to counter Nevada isn't Biden winning SC but centrist Voltron assembling, the mask has fallen straight to the earth's core and is but a distant memory

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1363936429240418307

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lol got my tax return set to deposit on wednesday well before any of that 'out the door on day one!' covid relief lmao gently caress you biden you goddamn motherfucker give me MY loving MONEY

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol she's going to withdraw her nomination to spend more time with her children, Franzia and Alexanax

Neera is definitely a helicopter parent

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"no it's okay when people I LIKE do it"

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/PA_Capitol_Boy/status/1363756010133929985

tfw the learned party elders undermine democracy to squash a nascent social progressive moment :feelsgood:

quote:

20 | semi-classy liberal | engineering major | political nerd | Tweets are my own | ✡️

Absolute sicko

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Thump! posted:

lol got my tax return set to deposit on wednesday well before any of that 'out the door on day one!' covid relief lmao gently caress you biden you goddamn motherfucker give me MY loving MONEY

i've been holding off on filing even though i have a decent refund amount coming because my income briefly doubled in 2020 and just barely putting me over the 50k limit they're throwing around as the cutoff for the next round of checks, did that ever get punted

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Fwiw my neighbor said his wife's parents went to the senior center by mt trashmore and got them done there. But who knows what's going on, he also said she got appointments for ten people by changing the clock on her computer to midnight and going on walgreens and using the closest pharmacy ,which makes no sense

yah, that's where the city's administering the vaccine (levy center), but that's the one that's 72+ unless they're starting to factor in essential workers like teachers.

the city's also prioritizing POC as a social-equity move and I can't begrudge them that; at least it's not like the people in winnetka flooding chicago southside vac sites.

I've heard of that One Quick Trick re: changing your computer clock to psyche out walgreens so I guess I'll try that at midnight. There was one point about a month ago in which some appts were open at the glenview walgreens, but after I called my friend about it they'd all filled up.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Shipon posted:

i've been holding off on filing even though i have a decent refund amount coming because my income briefly doubled in 2020 and just barely putting me over the 50k limit they're throwing around as the cutoff for the next round of checks, did that ever get punted

don't worry, the plan will be to use your 2019 income so anyone who experienced dramatic changes in their income in 2020 for whatever reason can rest assured they'll get the amount of money the democrats think they deserve

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

loquacius posted:

"no it's okay when people I LIKE do it"
Well, DUH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

yah, that's where the city's administering the vaccine (levy center), but that's the one that's 72+ unless they're starting to factor in essential workers like teachers.

the city's also prioritizing POC as a social-equity move and I can't begrudge them that; at least it's not like the people in winnetka flooding chicago southside vac sites.

I've heard of that One Quick Trick re: changing your computer clock to psyche out walgreens so I guess I'll try that at midnight. There was one point about a month ago in which some appts were open at the glenview walgreens, but after I called my friend about it they'd all filled up.

anyone got the link for the ATR-SHONTS discord, gotta get in on that vaccine stock drop discord action