Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

All the Joker stuff so far is the master stroke of a deranged mad man and calculated by marketing to deliver the most controversy possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

So there has to be a Jesus allegory every time? Can't Superman just do it again? Why Joker?

I am willing to believe that Joker Christ was the result of poor decision-making skills somewhere in Vanity Fair or WB's marketing/promotional department. If this poo poo is actually in the movie though, all bets are off.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s genuinely really weird that the one thing Snyder felt he HAD to shoot to put in this film, the one thing that brought people back to set, was to bring in a pedo who wasn’t even in the original film and give him a bunch of dumbass costumes to wear while making a meme reference

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Joker's Gang is Earth's religious faction of the overall Resistance™ in Darkseid's apocalyptic future.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mal-3 posted:

I am willing to believe that Joker Christ was the result of poor decision-making skills somewhere in Vanity Fair or WB's marketing/promotional department. If this poo poo is actually in the movie though, all bets are off.

My guess is it is in the movie. In the knightmare surrender future sequence seen in the trailer where Joker works with Batman, I think they're a short pov flashback scene detailing how Joker got from A to B. In the Jesus photo you can see he's wearing scrubs and a mask, looks like his escape from Arkham. That would be my guess.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I think of all the stuff the Joker has done cosplaying as Jesus seems pretty tame.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm enjoying these goofy mortal kombat "movies"

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm someone who doesn't like fighting games and I played the last three games just for the story alone. Y'all talking about it kind of makes me want to go back and re watch the cutscenes.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Zach Snyder is the most tiresome motherfucker alive and I dearly wish the most tiresome nerds alive hadn't gotten angry about too many genre movies being good and made him a cause celebre.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

After you're done with the story watch the hundreds of different fatalities. Some are just so insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzEu28-yCfk

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

MacheteZombie posted:

I think I only made it about halfway through x last night but yeah I'm kinda surprised at how I got hooked by it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MacheteZombie posted:

Is the DLC stuff canon? Where does Jason, Freddy, Rambo, and Robocop fit into the overall narrative?

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

All of this Christ stuff adds to my belief that Batman will kill Joker in ZSJL.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Going back a few pages for this one...

SonicRulez posted:

I thought we were supposed to leave Spider-Man 3 thinking the butler was in Harry's head. Did I make that up?

While the finished movie doesn't give the idea that the butler was a figment of Harry's imagination, it was definitely implied in the novelization. The novelization of Spider-Man 3 was a good deal longer, but also a more coherent story. It looks to be based on the full version of the script before a bunch of scenes (which were mostly filmed) got cut.

An early scene has Harry at home in his kitchen with the butler trying to console him. Harry doesn't want his help. The butler offers him some milk and Harry slaps the glass out of his hand, causing it to spill all over the table. He puts his head down for a second and when he looks up to apologize, there's no sign of the glass, milk or butler. So either that guy cleaned it up and cheesed it in record time, or Harry was just hallucinating. And if he was imagining him there, then any other scene with the butler is suspect.

So either the butler did tell him this news about his father at the eleventh hour or it was Harry coming to terms with what kind of person Peter is, especially compared to his psycho father.

Fangz posted:

There's a MK canon that people actually care about?

I literally make income off that poo poo.

Mortal Kombat's story summed up:

MK1: People from Earth need to win a martial arts tournament or they will be invaded by Barbarian World. Chosen One Bruce Lee saves the day.

MK2: Barbarian World's king Heavy Metal Skeletor goes "Double or nothing on my turf?" Chosen One Bruce Lee saves the day.

MK3: Barbarian World decides to just invade Earth anyway. Chosen One Bruce Lee saves the day.

MK4: Satan invades Earth. Chosen One Bruce Lee saves the day.

MK5: Two sorcerer villains decide to just team up and kill Chosen One Bruce Lee. Afterwards, they come up with a plan to take everything over with a zombie army. They actually beat the rest of the good guys!

MK6: Some elderly idiot spent his entire life thinking he was taking part in some holy mission from the gods, only to be a pawn in resurrecting Dragon Thanos. Dragon Thanos takes over the sorcerer guys' operation. Old Man Idiot saves the day.

MK7: Every MK character has a Royal Rumble match at a magic pyramid where the winner will get ULTIMATE POWER. There's a new main hero, but that doesn't matter. Heavy Metal Skeletor wins and is going to WrestleMania!

MK8: Non-canon crossover with the DC Universe. Fun fact: Sub-Zero is the only MK guy allowed to cleanly defeat Batman.

MK9: Seconds before dying, Dumbass Thunder God sends a message and visions back in time to his MK1 self. We go through the first three games with Dumbass Thunder God not having any idea what he's doing, but seemingly making things worse with each decision. Heavy Metal Skeletor dies, but there are barely any heroes left alive and we know Satan's on his way.

MKX: Turns out they didn't need Chosen One Bruce Lee to stop Satan after all! Jump forward a couple of decades and we have a new generation of good guys (led by Snarky Soldier Girl) and the new guy running Barbarian World isn't so terrible. Satan shows up again with a cool final form. Snarky Soldier Girl saves the day.

MK11: Satan's Mom is pissed and wants to reboot the timeline without Dumbass Thunder God there to annoy her. She causes some time rifts and everyone gets to meet their MK2 selves. Everyone hates their counterparts except for Scummy Cyborg Crime Boss, who totally wants to bang himself. Chosen One Bruce Lee, the other Chosen One Bruce Lee and Dumbass Thunder God do a Fusion and save the day.

Then, via DLC, one of the evil sorcerer guys shows up and goes, "GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! We have to go back to the future! But you have to give me the car keys and not question a single thing I say despite the fact that I'm the least trustworthy character in this series!"

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Davros1 posted:

Is the DLC stuff canon? Where does Jason, Freddy, Rambo, and Robocop fit into the overall narrative?
Only the story is canon, if versus matches were canon it'd be awfully hard to explain how come everyone comes back after being gruesomely murdered a million times.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

CapnAndy posted:

Zach Snyder is the most tiresome motherfucker alive and I dearly wish the most tiresome nerds alive hadn't gotten angry about too many genre movies being good and made him a cause celebre.

I don't think people were angry because Josstice League was good.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Roth posted:

I don't think people were angry because Josstice League was good.
No, they were angry that Star Wars and Marvel movies were good and decided to back Snyder's bullshit out of pure contrarianism because the normies~~~~~~~, is what I was saying.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CapnAndy posted:

Only the story is canon, if versus matches were canon it'd be awfully hard to explain how come everyone comes back after being gruesomely murdered a million times.

Honestly, that would be an interesting aspect to explore. Having these fighters compete in the most horrific death matches, only to come back (through MAGIC) with their memories intact of the trauma they suffered.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

CapnAndy posted:

No, they were angry that Star Wars and Marvel movies were good and decided to back Snyder's bullshit out of pure contrarianism because the normies~~~~~~~, is what I was saying.

I think you are deeply confused

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Karloff posted:

All of this Christ stuff adds to my belief that Batman will kill Joker in ZSJL.

At least Rocksteady's Arkham City turned the Batman - Joker relationship into Cain and Abel. Yes, they made the Joker into Abel. Batman killing somebody is just as important as the first biblical murder as it should be.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Mr Hootington posted:

Jude doyle is a man, the original "bernie bro" was a dude living on jude's couch at the time, that dude was SA superstar taintrunner/jefferoo/jeevesmeister. From there is spiraled into the ether and everyone with brain damage (every person alive) ran with it. It all rules.

Hi BSS, I only lurk here but saw this post and its insane to me to see this because I knew jefferoo for years IRL, knew he was a goon but had no ides he was this infamous. He was closely involved in my college circle for a few years and boy do I have stories!

Anyways, Zack Snyder rules, sorry fans are jerks sometimes.

I love his DC movies and they speak to me personally. I get why people are put off by his take on DC, but I deeply love it.

Not all his fans are insane, I just want to live and work in a Hollywood where theres room for visions like Snyders and I support him hard because someday Id love to make a movie like Man of Steel or BvS. Thats it.

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 22, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CapnAndy posted:

Is it really unfathomable to you that some people GENUINLEY like Man of Steel and Batman v Superman?

People like different things - it's not the end of the world.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

AngryBooch posted:

At least Rocksteady's Arkham City turned the Batman - Joker relationship into Cain and Abel. Yes, they made the Joker into Abel. Batman killing somebody is just as important as the first biblical murder as it should be.

:hai:

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Star wars fans were already busy being angry enough about their own movies that they sent death threats to one of the actresses. I don't think Star Wars factors into people wanting to see the snydercut lmao

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think people can think the MCU and Star Wars movies are bad without it being a conspiracy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The first murder was God murdering Adam by kicking him out of Eden. In response to this Adam became the Joker

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

We ate the apple as a joke.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Roth posted:

I think people can think the MCU and Star Wars movies are bad without it being a conspiracy

I often wonder if there were people in the 40s, 50s, and 60s who lost their minds over Tarzan movies ruining cinema.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The notoriously uncontroversial Star Wars film series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This thread is still a Star Wars free thread so don't any of you get any bright ideas about moving to that topic.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

AccountSupervisor posted:

Hi BSS, I only lurk here but saw this post and its insane to me to see this because I knew jefferoo for years IRL, knew he was a goon but had no ides he was this infamous. He was closely involved in my college circle for a few years and boy do I have stories!

Anyways, Zack Snyder rules, sorry fans are jerks sometimes.

I love his DC movies and they speak to me personally. I get why people are put off by his take on DC, but I deeply love it.

Not all his fans are insane, I just want to live and work in a Hollywood where theres room for visions like Snyders and I support him hard because someday Id love to make a movie like Man of Steel or BvS. Thats it.

Thanks, you're pretty cool.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

AngryBooch posted:

That doesn't make sense because Batman was about to save Joker and then Joker hosed it up, dooming himself.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Roth posted:

That doesn't make sense because Batman was about to save Joker and then Joker hosed it up, dooming himself.

Uh excuse me, is Batman not his brother's keeper? (His brother is the Joker.)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gavok posted:

MK11: Satan's Mom is pissed and wants to reboot the timeline without Dumbass Thunder God there to annoy her. She causes some time rifts and everyone gets to meet their MK2 selves. Everyone hates their counterparts except for Scummy Cyborg Crime Boss, who totally wants to bang himself. Chosen One Bruce Lee, the other Chosen One Bruce Lee and Dumbass Thunder God do a Fusion and save the day.

Then, via DLC, one of the evil sorcerer guys shows up and goes, "GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! We have to go back to the future! But you have to give me the car keys and not question a single thing I say despite the fact that I'm the least trustworthy character in this series!"

Hey now, you forgot to include that he reunites the series most adorable, loved up power couple for one of the greatest love stories ever told.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-O posted:

This thread is still a Star Wars free thread so don't any of you get any bright ideas about moving to that topic.

you do what i cannot

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

MacheteZombie posted:

you do what i cannot

Liquid Snake voice: You enjoy the discourse!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Joker having a messiah complex and talking about honor makes about as much sense as Superman ruling over a ruined Earth as a loyal vassal of Darkseid.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Roth posted:

Liquid Snake voice: You enjoy the discourse!

i admit... im a long time lurker of those places

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

BSS Movie Thread: How is this nonsense? If you are a fan of Joker this makes perfect sence. The irony of a destroyed world and not only how we view God but the heros in that world as God's and if it all went to poo poo and somehow Joker was alive. Yea he'd be fuckimg Jesus. Because that's the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

this movie will be as garbage as all the Snyder movies. Fortunately, it will be a different kind of garbage than the MCU and Star Wars movies.