Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Nosre posted:

uh hi IPOF +17%. This can't just be hype from his little tweet

That's just hype from his tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Must be nice to move things by 10-15% just by shitposting on the internet

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nosre posted:

Must be nice to move things by 10-15% just by shitposting on the internet

That's nothing, one guy got elected president doing that.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Thank god Elon Musk was born in South Africa

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

General question, does a spac still trading in units usually see a small bump up before the warrants and commons begin trading separately? Is there like a last minute type thing where people try to get in

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

FistEnergy posted:

Just updated the OP spreadsheet. I took out a bunch of underperforming DAs (ACEV, FTOC, FUSE) as well as some SPACs that IMO are too overpriced to buy on zero news (DMYI, GSAH, QELL). There's plenty of NAV commons and pre-split Units to choose from right now. There's been an unusual number of dud merger targets lately, which makes it more important than ever to get in at a low price.

Good luck out there! :angel:

Man I just took profits from some calls I was holding from last year. This is perfect timing, thank you.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

GrandmaParty posted:

That's just hype from his tweet.

I'm up 74% on IPOF on nothing but hype and I wish I had bought much more.

GrandmaParty posted:

In one of the spac discords, there's an ex analyst named anpanman who actually knows what he's doing. He put down some words of wisdom here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14P5WqiK8-XGTYxSTOAbk2-XL1kqHoUk_U1RxFTejo_M/edit?usp=sharing

Which gets at this from that doc.

quote:

Sizing? When you're in a SPAC near $10 floor (predeal or announced) that you like, SIZE THE F UP. You’ll never have a better risk/reward opportunity as the price gets closer to $10. As people recognize the quality of the situation and the SPAC trades higher, your ONLY MOVE IS TO TRIM/SELL. As it trades higher, never buy more. Stay disciplined.

I am conscious of having too many smaller bets at this point. Only a single one is in the red at this point to 13 in the green, but I do wish I had gone heavier into the no-brainers like the IPOx crew or SNPR.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
extremely related note: I bought into BCYP, CND, and FPAC today despite being totally unfamiliar with them on Friday.

NAV = Pres Butan

OldSenileGuy posted:

So FTOC is kind of a dud then? I’m happy to pull out of it, but I figure I might as well keep in it until I know what else I want to buy into.

I’m already in MTAC and SCVX, decisions decisions....

I sold FTOC today

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So FTOC is kind of a dud then? I’m happy to pull out of it, but I figure I might as well keep in it until I know what else I want to buy into.

I’m already in MTAC and SCVX, decisions decisions....

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Got frustrated that NGAC only rose 5% on the Xos merger news today and realized what a crack addict these SPACs are turning me into. "WTF. You're not even doubling my money inside 3 weeks?"

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

How many spacs is too many? I got 24

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Mr. Pizza posted:

I'm probably aiming to keep my holdings at ~10 or less so I don't have as much to keep track of but the # probably just depends on your own ability or desire to track info on a bunch of different things.

edit: FistEnergy is it easy/possible for you to just update the spreadsheet in the OP instead of trashing it and making a new one? I was putting a link into my own spreadsheet to have an easy click to your sheet but it's told me twice now that your file is in the trash :v:

tangy yet delightful fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 22, 2021

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Pizza posted:

I'm at 55. I get mad when there's a deal I'm not a part of.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

drat, do you just buy in at nav whenever you see a new one?

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Considering units, warrants and commons all to be a single SPAC, I'm only in 22. Hey it's me, a SPAC pleb.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

GrandmaParty posted:

I'm at 55. I get mad when there's a deal I'm not a part of.

are you evenly distributed between all of them? I assume not

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Mr. Pizza posted:

About 30 here, it's pretty fun!!

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
I think a good rule of thumb is everyone should own at least their age in SPACs. I've got some work to do.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm probably aiming to keep my holdings at ~10 or less so I don't have as much to keep track of but the # probably just depends on your own ability or desire to track info on a bunch of different things.

edit: FistEnergy is it easy/possible for you to just update the spreadsheet in the OP instead of trashing it and making a new one? I was putting a link into my own spreadsheet to have an easy click to your sheet but it's told me twice now that your file is in the trash :v:

I've been deleting the old ones from my Drive but from now on I'll start leaving them. It's no problem. Sorry for your inconvenience!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

ketchup vs catsup posted:

are you evenly distributed between all of them? I assume not

Nope.

PokeJoe posted:

drat, do you just buy in at nav whenever you see a new one?

I like to buy warrants under $2.00. I can buy 500 commons for $5k...or I can buy 1000 warrants for $1,500.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

FistEnergy posted:

I've been deleting the old ones from my Drive but from now on I'll start leaving them. It's no problem. Sorry for your inconvenience!

Welllll I do want the most up to date one, so delete away! What I'll instead do is just link the OP here in my spreadsheet and then click your freshest most YOLO/stonks go up link when I want to peruse it. And thanks for all your posting/DD and spreadsheet work.

edit:

Picked up 20 shares of GNRS at 10.56, I need at least one weed stock in a goon portfolio.

tangy yet delightful fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 22, 2021

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I have enough now that when one starts popping I start flipping through like IPOD, I bought IPOD right?

Like a kid flipping through his UNO hand.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

anybody here holding TACA? currently trading at 10.40 and thinking about buying in.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
I think I'm finally coming around to the wisdom of the SPAClords: buy into a 1/2 warrant SPAC close to NAV before the warrants split off. It puts so many things in your favor it's crazy. You get in before the Robinhood folks (I guess they can't buy units?), you have several catalyst event opportunities to sell, and you get both commons and warrants. It seems quite a few people sell the commons to lock in profits then hold on to the warrants speculatively.

SpacDaddy posted a list of 180 SPACs pretty close to NAV: https://www.spacdaddy.com/post/the-ultimate-spac-resource

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

I think I'm finally coming around to the wisdom of the SPAClords: buy into a 1/2 warrant SPAC close to NAV before the warrants split off. It puts so many things in your favor it's crazy. You get in before the Robinhood folks (I guess they can't buy units?), you have several catalyst event opportunities to sell, and you get both commons and warrants. It seems quite a few people sell the commons to lock in profits then hold on to the warrants speculatively.

SpacDaddy posted a list of 180 SPACs pretty close to NAV: https://www.spacdaddy.com/post/the-ultimate-spac-resource

Nice, thanks for the link.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Burn Zone posted:

anybody here holding TACA? currently trading at 10.40 and thinking about buying in.

Yeah ironically considering the posts above, I bought units, split them and then sold the commons. It still doesn't totally make sense to me how Fidelity establishes cost basis for warrants you split yourself, but it claims I am up 17%. :cool:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Handen posted:

After I bailed on CCIV I did a little sleuthing and opened a sizeable position in SCVX warrants.

From what I’ve seen, SentinelOne is SCVX’s number 1 prospective target, and having an announcement 30 mins prior to market open might imply something related.

:fap:

So no one asked but that looks like their website. Are they going to send a rep to Bloomberg or CNBC or something? How are they announcing this at 6am?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
6am pst. 9am est. Right before open.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

6am pst. 9am est. Right before open.

Yea but where? On TV? Radio?

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

Shammypants posted:

So no one asked but that looks like their website. Are they going to send a rep to Bloomberg or CNBC or something? How are they announcing this at 6am?

They put this on their twitter this morning:

https://twitter.com/SentinelOne/status/1363884266191343616

Looks like a checkered flag ala NASCAR in the background. Unfortunately I don't think this is going to be an SCVX announcement, but my warrants hope I'm wrong.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

If this ends up being a formula one announcement or something like that...I mean sentinelone does partner with Aston Martin

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 22, 2021

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

checkered flag = finish line = startup exit = going public via spac????

follow the breadcrumbs

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

checkered flag = finish line = startup exit = going public via spac????

follow the breadcrumbs

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...3VQiK2es2z.html

It might be big news that Aston Martin is back in F1 racing after 61 years and will have SentinelOne on the car probably lol

July 17 was the literal day Aston Martin left formula one in 1960 and july 17 is in the tweet

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 22, 2021

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
cciv dropping due to that 24b figure ouch

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
https://twitter.com/Benzinga/status/1363987028065607688

Meanwhile, the stock is 10% down AH. :thunk:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

I do not understands stocks at all

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

Grem posted:

I do not understands stocks at all

Everyone is selling the news. It’ll do what SPAC’s do and bleed for awhile and the come back pre-merger. Although maybe not $60.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
More like 20%. I was an idiot to sell most of my shares at $12, but now I'm a genius for selling the rest this morning, hooray!

e: this probably won't be good for my cvii holdings though :(

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 23, 2021

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
i sold $95cc's this morning but if i knew it was going to drop this much based on the valuation i would have rather just dumped all the shares. plus my calls getting wrecked although i did sell half of them this afternoon thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

RIP all those who held.

Merger was fully priced in.