Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's just the Martian Manhunter thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i'm glad that seeing the justice league will convince condiment man to reform

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wow, Tusky Husky finally in a movie

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vince MechMahon posted:

Another green light? Exciting.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's going to be Santa Claus delivering a lump of coal to Darkseid

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Vince MechMahon posted:

They already confirmed Martian Manhunter is in the movie, so I'm not sure why they would pretending it's a surprise.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

AccountSupervisor posted:

I wonder why the discourse around this topic is such a nightmare and people get really defensive.

Sorry we have different tastes and life goals but I sincerely hope your dreams arent ever met with such childish and aggressive vitriol. Good poop joke I guess?

Have a good one BSS Movie Thread, I remember now why I only lurk here. My opinions arent welcome.

Thanks for the MK "movie" links though, quite fun so far!

People not liking the media you like isn't a personal attack. I like Rick and Morty, but I don't get offended when people make fun of the crazy elements of the fanbase.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Roth posted:

They already confirmed Martian Manhunter is in the movie, so I'm not sure why they would pretending it's a surprise.

Then it's just a Green lantern.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it's deadpool

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

it's deadpool

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It's Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
As the JL do their group hero pose and the finale music swells, the camera will turn around to reveal Piss Christ Joker in the director’s chair.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
so after the main game cinematics are done for x, this video is playing what i am assuming is the dlc stuff and the first one is about leatherface lol it's like something from twisted metal black

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was going to make a Booster and Beetle joke, but given this has time travel as a plot point, that's too plausible and would make me sad.

So yeah probably Green Lantern, but, like, Ch'p just to SHOCK the HARDCORES

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

so after the main game cinematics are done for x, this video is playing what i am assuming is the dlc stuff and the first one is about leatherface lol it's like something from twisted metal black

Those are probably the arcade endings. They aren't canon usually but sometimes hint at stuff that's coming later (Noob being original sub zero was teased like this for years before they confirmed it) and are always fuckin nuts.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

It's probably Leonidas.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kite man, hell yeah!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

theironjef posted:

It's probably Leonidas.

dr. manhattan

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm looking forward to Elf With a Gun's movie debut.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Phoenix comes in and asks about the Joker initiative

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/1363972417920454656

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

MacheteZombie posted:

Phoenix comes in and asks about the Joker initiative

:eyepop:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Davros1 posted:

Is the DLC stuff canon? Where does Jason, Freddy, Rambo, and Robocop fit into the overall narrative?

While the guest characters aren't canon, they do at least have their own endings in arcade mode. Plus for MKX, Injustice 2 and MK11, every possible character combination has like 3-6 different 3-line exchanges before each match. That leads to some crazy poo poo like RoboCop talking to Spawn about Malebolgia or Rambo matches tossing in as many Stallone movie references as possible.

For the hell of it, here are all the guest character endings because they're fun as hell.

MK9:

Freddy Krueger
Kratos

Injustice

Scorpion (as redesigned by Jim Lee)

MKX

Jason Voorhees
Predator
Leatherface
Alien Xenomorph

Injustice 2

Sub-Zero
Raiden
Hellboy (drawn by Mignola)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (includes Michelangelo's Harley Quinn impression)

MK11

Terminator
Joker
Spawn
RoboCop
Rambo

MK11 was also supposed to have Ash Williams, but due to the Gordian knot of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness rights issues, they couldn't go forward with it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I want Injustice 3, but it would also whip if Neatherrealm made a fighting game out of horror movie characters.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
An official Terrordrome would kick rear end.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Roth posted:

I want Injustice 3, but it would also whip if Neatherrealm made a fighting game out of horror movie characters.

That seems like a rights issue nightmare. Then again dead by daylight has a bunch of those characters so maybe it can work

E: the game should be trying to secure those rights

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the Turtles were so good in Injustice

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

MK11 was also supposed to have Ash Williams, but due to the Gordian knot of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness rights issues, they couldn't go forward with it.

They were running a sale for all the extra MK11 stuff which I got, and I will always be indebted to the series for letting me have Robocop fight Rambo. It's funny how some of them are able to slide into the MK world so seamlessly. You've already got undead violent lunatics, what's a Jason Voorhees?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
man raiden turns into a real dick in mk11 huh

also: sonya nooooo

i kinda liked cassie's look in mk x more

site fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 23, 2021

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

They were jumping on the microtransaction money train they started with injustice 2, everyone has a less distinct look so they can swap in random armor bits.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

site posted:

man raiden turns into a real dick in mk11 huh

raiden is a real jerk, yes. The way he says SHANG TSUNG owns though

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the sub zero/scorpion/cyrax chapter has some real cool fights

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Some rumors floating about that Marvel is planning to incorporate Big Hero 6 into the live-action MCU. I can't find the origins of these rumors though, so grain on salt on that.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I thought that Disney should have made a MCU-Kids of animated films. Big Hero 6, Squirrel Girl, Skrull Kill Krew, Pet Avengers... I think it could have worked.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lil babby kano lol

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

site posted:

the sub zero/scorpion/cyrax chapter has some real cool fights

It’s a bummer they never got to make their Shaolin Monks sequel that involved Kuai Liang and Scorpion teamin’ up.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah i love their enemies to best friends arc

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
so just a head's up for people also on the watching mk movies train, you'll notice it when you get there but in the previously linked mk 11 youtube vid there's an error and it cuts out part of the jade chapter. so here's a vid of that sequence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdwv_jaKMQg

e: okay the johnny scenes are pretty funny

site fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 23, 2021

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I wonder if there's literally any batty (heh) character decision Snyder could make that people won't spin into being actually innovative somehow, or else that it's actually intentionally bad in order to troll people so it's actually secretly good again. I'm seriously curious if there are any offbeat paths he could swerve to that would finally be too off for his base.

Anyway I wish I had something interesting to say about MK but unfortunately my loyalties lie with the superior franchises, Street Fighter and KoF, where you just have to hold back in order to block. You just hold the back button! It's so intuitive! I love it, no notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A talking coyote posted:

They were jumping on the microtransaction money train they started with injustice 2, everyone has a less distinct look so they can swap in random armor bits.

Yeah that was super disappointing for both that game and MK11.