Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

MShadowy posted:

Given that it poisons Fiora, who is mostly robot at this point, and some later revelations in the plot, it seems feasible that it may be less "poison" and more "lethally low levels of ether."

There's actually random nameless npc dialogue that says it's the exact opposite, it's not low levels of ether but lethally high levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
The Knight of the Round Table who just got some angels to ollie him out of existence was Galahad, would be the one I guess was brought up near the end there.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CapitanGarlic posted:

The Knight of the Round Table who just got some angels to ollie him out of existence was Galahad, would be the one I guess was brought up near the end there.

So then we already got that one covered with Galahad Fortress.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Somewhere in the course of developing this game, there are several people that thought this mission was absolutely needed because the player hasn't been in this area long enough.

I do not care for these people.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I remember getting to around the Mechonis area when i played this game on the Wii originally and like everybody else i thought the game was amazing (and it is) but also remember seeing and thinking "oh wow these characters are actually pretty smart, this is so refreshing!" considering all the times they talk about actual battle tactics in the early part of the game. Shulk and Reyn do have a good dynamic in that regard anyway

Finishing up Definitive Edition recently and replaying it for myself though? These guys are just a stupid as most JPRG protagonist, they just hide pretty well in the beginning :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Agniratha :bahgawd:

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
So after that little display, what the over/under on dickson being a giant robot anime protagonist from another universe?

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

stryth posted:

So after that little display, what the over/under on dickson being a giant robot anime protagonist from another universe?

Don't be silly, he's clearly a JRPG protagonist. Note the gunblade.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
whatever he is, he's a real dick, son!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Sally posted:

whatever he is, he's a real dick, son!
:emptyquote:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Your co-commentators really seem to hate all the Mechonis levels. I didn't think they were that bad. I actually rather enjoyed the change of scenery. Like them or not, it is better to grab as many of the materials needed for Colony 6 reconstruction while you have the chance.

Still though, Agniratha proper is my favorite part of Mechonis. The music is probably not what one would expect for the heart of power for the Mechon.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Your co-commentators really seem to hate all the Mechonis levels. I didn't think they were that bad. I actually rather enjoyed the change of scenery. Like them or not, it is better to grab as many of the materials needed for Colony 6 reconstruction while you have the chance.

Still though, Agniratha proper is my favorite part of Mechonis. The music is probably not what one would expect for the heart of power for the Mechon.

Its just kind of one of those things that feels really cool in the moment, but on reflection feels more like a drag. I certainly wasn't as down on Mechonis when I was playing it my first time or when recording, but looking back at it for commentary purposes, its a lot of repeated objectives with not a whole lot to break up the monotony of what is essentially three huge dungeons in a row.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

The day theme is one of my favorite music tracks in this game. The DE version IS SO GOOD it gave me chills the first time I heard it--similar to an intense feeling of nostalgia. I think it perfectly sets the mood of the area, and it sounding more like Bionis-area music makes sense.

Edit: Because of the multiple levels, this area is a pain to navigate. I had more issues here than in Central Factory, strangely enough.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 11, 2021

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

For a dead city they sure hand out a lot of sidequests.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The Shame Boy posted:

For a dead city they sure hand out a lot of sidequests.

Its the way of the future, AI-generated sidequests! :eng101:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

ChaosArgate posted:

I mean it works for Skyrim. Procedurally generated quests are how we do it now old man.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

crow hates everything :shrug:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Not enough jets. :cheeky:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ChaosArgate posted:

Technically, if you think about it, weren't all the quests on the Fallen Arm also AI generated? :goonsay:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

If all the various Unique Enemies in this area are Knights of the Round and Arthur himself never shows up as a Unique, does that mean Egil is technically fulfilling that role for them? Maybe in the games he doesn't show up the devs are assuming you'd take the big bad as Arthur himself since they are in charge of all the enemies as a whole.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Cooked Auto posted:

:hmmyes:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cooked Auto posted:

Does mechon jet fuel melt mechon beams

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Do mechon sleep with sheets on their beds? Are they crisp? Are they white? These are the questions that keep crow up at night

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"No," Artix's response whenever crow begins a sentence with "Hey, do you think..."

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Sally posted:

Do mechon sleep with sheets on their beds? Are they crisp? Are they white? These are the questions that keep crow up at night

The party is getting their dirty boots all over Egil's crisp white sheets that's for sure.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Sally posted:

"No," Artix's response whenever crow begins a sentence with "Hey, do you think..."

:hmmyes: Checks out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

The party is getting their dirty boots all over Egil's crisp white sheets that's for sure.

Egil DOES want to kill about one million people, give or take the entire population of Bionis.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I look forward to Egil revealing that he's jury rigged the generator to absorb any source of power, be it ether or electricity, so if Shulk has another Monado Shock moment, he accidentally becomes a living battery charger and the Mechonis gets super charged in no time flat.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Shulk:I can see the future whenever now!

Also Shulk: Doesn't see he's about to get TaserBalled in a few seconds.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Shame Boy posted:

He was thinking of CBT memes.
Now all his intrusive thoughts will become reality

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Guess he can see everyone's future except his own.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

He's still just a guy, not really omniscient.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The Shame Boy posted:

Maybe Monado-induced prescience doesn't include when the Monado then backfires on him.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Commander Keene posted:

Maybe Monado-induced prescience doesn't include when the Monado then backfires on him.

Maybe the Monado has a will of its own, like the One Ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

White Coke posted:

Maybe the Monado has a will of its own, like the One Ring?

Isn't that just Zanza?