Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Duey posted:

Everyone is selling the news. It’ll do what SPAC’s do and bleed for awhile and the come back pre-merger. Although maybe not $60.

So buy tomorrow?!

I actually sold this morning, guess I got lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Wifi Toilet posted:

More like 20%. I was an idiot to sell most of my shares at $12, but now I'm a genius for selling the rest this morning, hooray!

I too am a god that sold this morning :smug:

Ignore my bagholding on IPOF and all my other reds.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Wifi Toilet posted:

e: this probably won't be good for my cvii holdings though :(

Why? They successfully landed their DA.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Chad Sexington posted:

Why? They successfully landed their DA.

Probably ticker confusion, I mean CVII-U the newest Churchill spac that is riding the CCIV momentum, they have not announced a target yet.

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
Lol r/spac pumping each other up to buy more and hold long term.

People trying to talk about the valuation and dilution getting shouted down.

So many bags are going to get held on this.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

laxbro posted:

Lol r/spac pumping each other up to buy more and hold long term.

People trying to talk about the valuation and dilution getting shouted down.

So many bags are going to get held on this.

💎🙌

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Any opinions on SPCX? At first glance it seems like the closest you can get to a 'near-NAV pre-DA only SPAC ETF'

here's their holdings:

https://www.spcxetf.com/spcx-holdings/

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
drat I’m feeling good about selling last week at 54.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

fuseshock posted:

I bought CCIV @ 15 and sold it @ 15 because I thought well, I'm just really FOMO'ing on rumors at that point.

I bought IPOF @ 15 and sold it @ 15 today.

Some say history doesn't predict the future, but...

I'm glad I sold CCIV at its' valuation. I did purchase 20 CCAC today though.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Taking profits never felt so good

:smugdog: :respek: :smugdog:

I don't even care about the couple of calls I kept

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Man, the CCIV doomscrolling is going to be so good tomorrow.

Lesson for every SPAC trader: no step in the SPAC process is a given, and even if the SPAC makes the step, it may not have the expected effect

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

FistEnergy posted:

Lesson for every SPAC trader: no step in the SPAC process is a given, and even if the SPAC makes the step, it may not have the expected effect

The CCIV megathread in r/spacs is already an interesting read. It’s equal parts “I’m glad this is dipping so I can buy more” and “oh gently caress.”

And one guy that’s posting this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dZPQdZLyHYE&feature=youtu.be

This whole thing is putting me in the mindset to start trimming my IPOD/F.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

From the press release:

press release posted:

- CCIV and Lucid are combining at a transaction equity value of $11.75 billion

- The transaction includes an approximately $2.1 billion cash contribution by CCIV and a $2.5 billion, fully committed PIPE with an investor lock-up provision that binds holders well beyond closing. The PIPE is priced at $15.00 per share (a 50% premium to CCIV's net asset value) with an implied pro forma equity value of $24 billion

can someone explain how these numbers work?

CCIV brings $2.1B cash, borrows $2.5B and somehow the transaction is worth $11.75B and the company's worth $24B?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

I feel like there was tons and tons of DD that showed the merger was priced in over the past few days posted everywhere. Proving that CCIVs price would mean lucid would have to be valued at like 60bn.

I’m glad I listened to my gut and sold at $51.

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost
Sold half my CCIV warrants at $40 last week thanks to all the warnings on here. The rest was just paper money after getting my cost basis and some profit back. Ended up selling those AH at $30, so still a nice gain considering.

Looks like other SPAC’s are getting beat up tonight, CRHC is under $11 again which is great. Might pick up some more tomorrow with my CCIV money.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I’m glad I listened to other people.

My gut was trying to screw me.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Probably ticker confusion, I mean CVII-U the newest Churchill spac that is riding the CCIV momentum, they have not announced a target yet.

I knew what you meant.

Churchill successfully landed their DA. That shows the management team is capable at what they do. This should be a net positive for their other SPACs. Price action post DA announcement isn't the primary measure of success. Reddit is an alternate reality from where these guys live and work.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
FWIW CCV dumped AH too after the CCIV news

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I feel like there was tons and tons of DD that showed the merger was priced in over the past few days posted everywhere. Proving that CCIVs price would mean lucid would have to be valued at like 60bn.

So it's basically a big wet fart from here on out or is there any shot it stays around ~$60?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

GramCracker posted:

So it's basically a big wet fart from here on out or is there any shot it stays around ~$60?

It’s already down to $40 in AH. I doubt it recovers before open tomorrow.

I’ll let’s others that are smarter answer that, but my gut is it won’t go up for a while, if it all.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

GramCracker posted:

depends on if they can get hype during the media tour i guess. im pessimistic though and am bailing on everything else i had remaining after today's profit taking. still way way up but trying not to think about the lost potential profit if i had just sold it all today :okpos:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

A few weeks ago everyone was convinced that if CCIV landed Lucid they'd jump to $40.

Everyone was right.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Jose Valasquez posted:

A few weeks ago everyone was convinced that if CCIV landed Lucid they'd jump to $40.

Everyone was right.

yeah. last week's insane run up spoiled everyone including me

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Jose Valasquez posted:

Everyone was right.

lol.

I gotta say it felt good to move it way down on my watch list so I could start researching something new.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Rolo posted:

The CCIV megathread in r/spacs is already an interesting read. It’s equal parts “I’m glad this is dipping so I can buy more” and “oh gently caress.”

And one guy that’s posting this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZPQdZLyHYE

lmao, putting this away for future use :slick:

Rolo posted:

I gotta say it felt good to move it way down on my watch list so I could start researching something new.

The hardest part about staying laser focused on something like CCIV is trying to focus on literally anything else, including researching next moves, your loved ones, the state of your physical corporeal self, etc.

This is how I felt Friday at close after staying glued to my dashboard all week and somehow managing to sell at the first post-crash retracement high.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

thats not candy posted:

depends on if they can get hype during the media tour i guess. im pessimistic though and am bailing on everything else i had remaining after today's profit taking. still way way up but trying not to think about the lost potential profit if i had just sold it all today :okpos:

This is pretty much where I'm at too, might as well take my profits while I'm still in the green. Not as much as when it was at ~$60, but green is green I guess? :shrug:

Really fuckin' dumb question time: with the merger, does $CCIV now become $LUCID or something, or will it forever retain $CCIV?

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

GramCracker posted:

This is pretty much where I'm at too, might as well take my profits while I'm still in the green. Not as much as when it was at ~$60, but green is green I guess? :shrug:

Really fuckin' dumb question time: with the merger, does $CCIV now become $LUCID or something, or will it forever retain $CCIV?

there will be a vote eventually then a ticker change to lucid or whatever but we're looking at may or june probably. so several months of either bleeding or hype or probably both

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

This whole thing is putting me in the mindset to start trimming my IPOD/F.

I'm not sure why you'd trim something that hasn't announced yet, but I get ya. I don't know why anyone would ever hold one of these things through merge. The easy money is buy near NAV, sell into the announcement, look for the next trade. Step outside those steps and you're asking to get hosed some way.

I'm holding a very large IPOF position with a cost basis around $12. I know it's easy to get all paper hands on this poo poo while you watch other stocks moon or crash but I think if your cost basis on IPOF is good, you've got nothing to worry about.

Once IPOF announces a merger, regardless of what the price does, I will absolutely start selling the position.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BagholderQuotes/status/1364058763406303238?s=19

https://twitter.com/BagholderQuotes/status/1364055564280598531?s=19

https://twitter.com/BagholderQuotes/status/1364052422830735361?s=19

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I don’t get it, but then again I didn’t get the GameStop stuff. People see something shoot up to 60 and then they buy at 60. There is a reason that stuff stopped rising— esp of like a week at that price.

So many bag holders.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
me selling my CCIV earlier

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

I think if your cost basis on IPOF is good, you've got nothing to worry about.

If you think you've gotten sufficient gains to roll out of a position and into another one there is no reason to hold on. I think this is especially true of SPACs, where you can get back into something closer to NAV. Why risk 30% gains on IPOF when you can roll out to something else with no risk? Because some billionaire has a cult of personality? He still signed poo poo like CLOV. I'll take a proven team on sequel deals for a little more risk, mostly because they get to second targets quicker, but 50% is silly. I only need my $10 holding to go to $13 to make the same money as IPOF going to $20.

Arzakon fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 23, 2021

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...
It feels weird to be disappointed with being only +80% on this CCIV thing lmao...I think I'll sell my meager amount of shares tomorrow now.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Looks like another red day. IPOE already under $20 premarket.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Anyone have any thoughts on ETAC or HZON? I like the sound of the HZON team in particular, think I might make a small move. FPAC is my only current SPAC position

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Looks like it's going to be a brutal day for a lot of folks. Good luck out there.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Thank you Chamath for tweeting yesterday and letting me get out of my too-high IPOD/IPOF positions at +3% and +15%

Of course now I have to decide whether his name is worth breaking the <11.50 rule to get back in, once they stabilize around 14 again

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
9:05 and I can’t find anything about SentinelOnes announcement, but I’m on the road so no idea if they’re going on CNBC or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
It was a dumb racecar announcement.

In other news everything is poo poo.