Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

:shrug: I don't know what to tell you but I just listened to it again and the guitar was present for basically the entire song, it's more in the background instead of being the main instrument like it is on the OST version.

Maybe I just have bad ears then. :shobon: I only start hearing it come in like 2 and a half minutes into the song and more as part of the background orchestra than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

RareAcumen posted:

Maybe I just have bad ears then. :shobon: I only start hearing it come in like 2 and a half minutes into the song and more as part of the background orchestra than anything.
You get better coverage of various background instruments with a headphone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nyaa posted:

You get better coverage of various background instruments with a headphone.

Oh, that explains it!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1314908612066762752?s=21

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Last night was my first time fighting So Sorry. He seemed a lot more difficult than I expected. But then again I died a few more times to Ms Muffet and other monsters so I'm probably just out of practice.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

IUG posted:

Last night was my first time fighting So Sorry. He seemed a lot more difficult than I expected. But then again I died a few more times to Ms Muffet and other monsters so I'm probably just out of practice.

It's not just you; So Sorry's attacks can be deceptively hard to dodge. His final attack in particular, with the swinging tail and crumpled-up papers combined, is a lot to keep track of. Although yes, being out of practice certainly wouldn't help.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Boo, I missed the Art Club meetup.

So the other day, I'm over at my brother's place to hang out and play some magic, when I see a familiar picture on their refrigerator (though it's not as blurry IRL, my phone's camera just sucks). It seems my 7-year-old nephew has been getting interested in drawing some pictures of a certain game he's been watching on youtube...

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Amazing that actually playing videogames is a boomer's pastime now :negative:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ruffian Price posted:

Amazing that actually playing videogames is a boomer's pastime now :negative:

I mean, our generation was more or less the one that started Let's Play.

You're telling me you dont watch people play games while you also play games?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
LMAO if you're not following like 100 twitch streamers and binge youtube LPs.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
When I was a kid I'd go over my friend's house and watch him play Ocarina of Time on his N64, and once I actively gave extra quarters to two kids who were trying to (and did!) beat House of the Dead, so really all technology has done is streamline these activities.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Speaking of... Michelle Knotz, voice actor for Jessie on Pokemon, has a really good playthrough of Undertale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8QcCOTzkVw

Caught this near the end, when someone in animation with a huge follower count tweets the stream and she goes from like 10 viewers to literally hundreds flooding in and following/subscribing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Speaking of... Michelle Knotz, voice actor for Jessie on Pokemon, has a really good playthrough of Undertale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8QcCOTzkVw

Caught this near the end, when someone in animation with a huge follower count tweets the stream and she goes from like 10 viewers to literally hundreds flooding in and following/subscribing.

Aw, this rules, she knows how quotes make everything suspicious and didn't trust Flowey in the beginning.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1317595050960916482

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Acebuckeye13 posted:

once I actively gave extra quarters to two kids who were trying to (and did!) beat House of the Dead
holy poo poo, I now know what it takes to get into heaven

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

https://twitter.com/tuyoki/status/1317608973479120896

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I want to befriend it.

It looks like some kind of... soft dog?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Dogflower

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Thanks to Art Day, it made me finish the game again for the Switch, and then move on to Deltarune. I have that "with you in the dark" jingle stuck in my head, it's in nearly every song. I'm half considering going back to the first post of this thread and seeing what people discovered when it was new.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I want to befriend it.

It looks like some kind of... soft dog?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

IUG posted:

Thanks to Art Day, it made me finish the game again for the Switch, and then move on to Deltarune. I have that "with you in the dark" jingle stuck in my head, it's in nearly every song. I'm half considering going back to the first post of this thread and seeing what people discovered when it was new.

the Don't Forget leitmotif is almost too prevalent, though it doesn't really hurt the soundtrack any

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's a really good motif. My only soundtrack gripe is I love Field of Hopes and Dreams, but I've kind of ruined it for myself because I noticed the high-hat? percussion beat that is there almost all the time and like, can't not weirdly fixate on it? Like there was a time I didn't notice it so much, but now I can't un-notice it.

IUG posted:

Its so in nearly every song it ended up in a song for a totally different game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bfzMMnST8c&t=35s
(35s timestamp)
(But not actually - Deltarune came out after, but after someone pointed it out to me I couldn't unhear it.)

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

Its so in nearly every song it ended up in a song for a totally different game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bfzMMnST8c&t=35s
(35s timestamp)
(But not actually - Deltarune came out after, but after someone pointed it out to me I couldn't unhear it.)

Oh thank God, I'm not the only one who hears that every single time.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1331059941080227842

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'd like to imagine this was accompanied by Temmie going "Oh, you want a toilet? I'll give you a loving a toilet."

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

There's something I noticed in Deltarune when I replayed it recently, both it and Undertale start off with the player having a bandage equipped

You can only remove the bandage in Undertale

What kind of injury could the human be getting that they'd have to use the same bandage over and over again?

Oh.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 18, 2020

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Aw man, I was so hoping for some news.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Has there been any word from Toby recently?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1364214159982747648?s=19

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Larryb posted:

Has there been any word from Toby recently?
Still working on Chapter 2.

Also talk about Toriel suplexing you into explosion in hard mode.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samovar posted:

Aw man, I was so hoping for some news.

We all were.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/happy_zenizeni/status/1364222346588942336?s=19

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

(Furious clicking as I update my fanfiction)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
My uncle who works with Toby Fox got me a secret advance alpha of the game. You can get Sans in your party and he has a new attack where he summons Papyrus who shoots a kamehameha

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
honestly i don't think we'll have news of deltarune dropping earlier than a month before it happens + i think if that news does come out you'll see 100+ posts in this thread instantaneously

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
forget the thread, the entire internet will collectively grab its chest and keel over

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

flatluigi posted:

honestly i don't think we'll have news of deltarune dropping earlier than a month before it happens + i think if that news does come out you'll see 100+ posts in this thread instantaneously

The news is going to be a tweet saying "hey guys, survey results are out, available on Steam, PS4 and 5, and Switch, go check it out"

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
That everhood game is coming out at the beginning of March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

That everhood game is coming out at the beginning of March

Played about 4 hours of it so far. It's a very fun rhythm/dodge'em up style game with great music and visuals in the battles. However, the dialogue has some spelling and grammar errors and the story takes a while to start to make sense/have the player feel any sort of attachment to it or the characters. Same as when I posted about the demo, the graphics/aesthetic feels Undertale-inspired as well as having some references thrown in but I feel the game would be better if it did more to distinguish itself from that.

Overall, definitely worth the cheap price if you enjoy the style of gameplay. There's a demo available to check out as well before purchasing, and it is very reflective of the rest of the game so far. If you enjoyed it from the demo but thought it might be too hard, there's 5 difficulty options in the full game (the original demo was based around Hard/fourth difficulty level, not sure if they uploaded a new one that rebalances or offers that choice). Otherwise, maybe pass if you are just looking for an Undertale/Deltarune fix.