Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Moonlight posted:

If you zoom in you can see that the lapels on his shirt appear to have the same whiskers as his Garfield suit.

You can see them in the Cruella picture, too. LOL if Nathen got all of his dress shirts embroidered on the collar with Garfield whiskers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

'or even farm2plate' strikes me as weird when nathen has never cared about farm to plate food manufacturing other than using it as a buzzword

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm genuinely curious whether Scooby Doo's famous frozen lasagna is even actually #farm2plate. I'd have to guess the "frozen" part hurts it, at least.

Someone should ask Nathen what farms he gets the lasagna ingredients from. I'd figure if you're touting #farm2plate, you have local farms in place and could easily bring up what farms you're using for your local produce.

e: gently caress it I asked him myself. Next time I remember to check Twitter I'll let you know his non-answering entergaging response.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 22, 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

where the gently caress does he think other food comes from

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
The evil landmonsters already got to Big Grocery. It’s okay though Nathen has access to his Garf Army. He may have lost the battle but he will win the war.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Empty Sandwich posted:

where the gently caress does he think other food comes from

alchemical molecular assembly at the super market

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
THE BIOREACTORS FFS

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Until I see an actual Scooby Eats product in the hands of a customer I'm choosing to believe he just made up the entire licensing deal and no one from WB cares enough to notice

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Tato posted:

Until I see an actual Scooby Eats product in the hands of a customer I'm choosing to believe he just made up the entire licensing deal and no one from WB cares enough to notice

It does have this weird unlicensed feel to it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i just did a lookup and scoobydooeats.com (the unsecured http website) has WB nameservers

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Fan Fiction Franchise

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Peanut Butter posted:

Didn't he get a Scooby suit at some point? I may be misremembering

E: yes https://www.instagram.com/p/CJq81G-Jp8Z/?igshid=177wxct8mx7pw

It's even worse

Why is scooby so small in this picture?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Royal Updog posted:

Fan Fiction Franchise

Please let it be this.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
this whole thing is performance art right

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

it's the old brewster's millions routine

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Weka posted:

Why is scooby so small in this picture?

isnt this the normal size of scooby doo?

e: no i guess he's like 30% too small

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
It’s cosplay.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Fur20 posted:

isnt this the normal size of scooby doo?

e: no i guess he's like 30% too small

Nathen Mazri is just very large.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Chinatown posted:

this whole thing is performance art right

the art he's performing is extreme business savvy

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Grocery stores won't allow you to buy healthy foods! I recently asked a grocery store employee where they kept the fresh vegetables and they put me in a headlock and bodily dragged me to the snack aisle. Well I say aisle, but it was several aisles. There was actually nothing but snack aisles.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Grocery stores won't allow you to buy healthy foods! I recently asked a grocery store employee where they kept the fresh vegetables and they put me in a headlock and bodily dragged me to the snack aisle. Well I say aisle, but it was several aisles. There was actually nothing but snack aisles.

Also I was shopping from home on an app.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

PoPcornTG posted:

gently caress me, suck me don't cuck me.

:ducksiren:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Well, just got a flier through from my local fried chicken place and it looks like they're offering Jimmy Neutron themed kids meals. I dont know how young the licensee is, however.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Disco Pope posted:

Well, just got a flier through from my local fried chicken place and it looks like they're offering Jimmy Neutron themed kids meals. I dont know how young the licensee is, however.

He's just parking the licence for CarlEATS

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Everything about Nathen's behavior and speech patterns just gives off a really unpleasant uncanny valley vibe. It's like he's not a real person but a character who was auto-generated by an AI that's too primitive to properly imitate humans, and giving the AI more data just results in bizarre random stuff like those "sexy" instagram pics.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 23, 2021

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Fake cows and landmonsters are the devil's work
-"Definitely not insane" Nathen Mazri

PS: gently caress THELMA

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

“Margins are the devil’s work!” says owner of failed business

*Taps forehead*

Can't bother with margins if your store never actually seen any businessor got out if the red.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Garfield is probably less popular than hes ever been. Same with scooby doo. It really is like someone from outside the us who thinks the five old American cartoons they saw as a child are current reflections of the most popular media trends in America. “Strike while the iron is hot?” It could not be colder.

Nathen really does give off a bad uncanny valley vibe. He seems to think any publicity is good publicity so he goes on these incredible visible tirades against virus restrictions, customers leaving poor reviews, his specific landlord, the concept of grocery stores etc. and thinks that isn’t totally toxic behaviour that drives customers away but rather brings them in.

“They are trying to smash young entrepreneurs!” Like dude you literally sound and look crazy, nobody cares, and the people putting up with you are literally being paid to do so.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I think his virus and customer tirades are Nathen at his most honest

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

And I bet they didn't have a single farm2plate, either!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

GarfieldEATS...but Who's Buying?

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Nathen should get in touch with Dave Mustaine. They could re-tool the Hard Rock Cafe concept for entergaging quick service restaurants with all the farm-2-plate ingredients that thrash metal fans really care about.

(...but, seriously though: I had a student job at the University's Jugo Juice franchise when GWAR was booked for a show in the auditorium for their '05 tour, and that headbanger crowd was the total opposite of the hip-hop crowd, as in easily the nicest and friendliest you could want to serve at a job like that. Like, sure they'd never bought wheatgrass shots, let alone as a combo with fruit smoothies and wraps...but that night it was all "Sure! Why the hell not?!" the whole time.)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Garfield is probably less popular than hes ever been. Same with scooby doo.

What are you basing this on?

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
It may be farm to plate, but is it field to fork?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I dunno, I just eat my big cow lasagnas cold straight out of the packaging like a dog.

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AdmiralViscen posted:

I think his virus and customer tirades are Nathen at his most honest

That is one thing I'll dispute. Nathen is a spoiled, delusional failson and I'll never argue that. The conspiracy theories come out when he's delusional and psychotic, though, and I think it's unfair to hold that against them. I have a brother who is mentally ill AND an rear end in a top hat, so I'm familiar with Nathen's type. My brother is mostly a dick, like Nathen; but when he starts calling relatives several days in a row, to brag about his non-existent stock market fortune for hours, that's the bipolar disorder talking. When he's not delusional, though, my brother never talks about his finances. Nathen talking about Covid and creating his own army, is Nathen when he's delusional. Like, delusional enough that it could be argued he's not responsible for his actions when he's in this state. (NOT excusing him for ignoring his mental health and so on.)

The thing to remember is, Nathen doesn't espouse these kinds of beliefs when he's not manic. Sometimes we're convinced that someone with a mental illness is speaking their "true," unfiltered feelings, but that's just not true. My brother doesn't believe he's a millionaire genius being persecuted by the CIA when he's not manic.

Haulin Oates fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 25, 2021

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Thanks for the perspective.

I dont know if I feel less or more gross about finding nathen amusing now

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

AdmiralViscen posted:

Thanks for the perspective.

I dont know if I feel less or more gross about finding nathen amusing now

No gently caress that he’s a rich failson who can only succeed upward and refuses to get help. A loving ton of people suffer under mental illness because they can’t afford help so that assholes like Mazri can spout off about how he’s the youngest Garfield franchisee in the history of Toronto or whatever.

I’ve worked with poor people who have real mental illness and live horrible lovely lives. They don’t get to wear orange tailored suits and hire a publicist and repeat harmful conspiracy theories in sponsored posts.

You can laugh at Nathen Mazri. He’s an enormous tool who has problems and chooses not to get help.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Yeah. People will only put up with craziness, be it real or imagined, for money. So mentally unwell people without means get punted around the gutter while this rear end in a top hat has a captive audience- “tell us more about landmonsters, Nathen!” :allears:

I do find it funny that he’s basically denouncing capitalism with his anti profit anti landlord screeds but is still wanting that system to fully succeed for him instead of gaining any class awareness (I guess self awareness would be a precursor to that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I do have respect for the people of Toronto for being smart enough not to give any money to the horrible meme fever dream farm2plate quick service restaurant (QSR) started by the world’s youngest entrepreneur over 30

“Why are these buzzwords not making me any money??” :saddowns: