Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

he's out today so I'm covering for him

o7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lmao the guy that runs these "non-profit" centers pays himself almost $1,000,000 a year

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Stringent posted:

does anyone wanna go tell them?

US National Holocaust Museum: "The term concentration camp refers to a camp in which people are detained or confined, usually under harsh conditions and without regard to legal norms of arrest and imprisonment that are acceptable in a constitutional democracy."

Hmm yes how could anyone but a rabid tankie mistake the camps where children are detained in 100+ degree heat (or in freezing temps last week!), where if they get a trial to guarantee their deportation, it's a laughable imitation of the already pathetic justice system for the poor think that describes a concentration camp.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

in 2015 they were being paid $500/child/day

lmao just send them to posh private boarding school

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Yinlock posted:

paine is of course beginning to probate anyone who thinks that concentration camps are bad

~the mods~

lmao of loving course

if it's embarrassing for the democrat party it cannot be discussed

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

please do not get this thread locked and the entire forum banned because you morons can't stop clicking on USpol tia

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
D&D sure loves the CIA / FBI and concentration camps.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lock DnD libs in the camps instead and see if they like it

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

zegermans posted:

please do not get this thread locked and the entire forum banned because you morons can't stop clicking on USpol tia

I've waded into that cesspool enough for today.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Phi230 posted:

lock DnD libs in the camps instead and see if they like it

depends on how close to Tina's Tacos it is

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

if this goes further im gonna have to start a spreadsheet, but bcfs has easily made near $2 billion off of this since 2008. the ceo who likes to give interviews to the nyt about how much he hates doing this but he cant let the little kiddies suffer has given himself about $15 mil in compensation just from the contracts ive found

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zegermans posted:

we made like 4-5 posts total about it, settle down cowboy

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I love to have the same exact arguments with both chuds and libs

their entire problem with Trump detaining kids was that trump did it. that's it. that's the entirety of their problem with it.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I would actually post in uspol instead of posting about it if they’d just be honest with themselves and admit that writing a long post full of condescending asides tacitly insulting the person theyre speaking to isn’t actually less annoying or bad for discussion than someone just drive by calling me a moron

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Breakfast All Day posted:

bcfs has easily made near $2 billion off of this since 2008

BCFS deez nutz

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

misadventurous posted:

I would actually post in uspol instead of posting about it if they’d just be honest with themselves and admit that writing a long post full of condescending asides tacitly insulting the person theyre speaking to isn’t actually less annoying or bad for discussion than someone just drive by calling me a moron

I would do it if I respected their opinions

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
yang supporters lol

https://twitter.com/benghazi_ebooks/status/1364193983899951105

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
lmao, we're back to rules lawyering the definition of "concentration camp" again

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Stringent posted:

Sorry to interrupt your rant here but ICE isn't holding these kids. Can you go back and edit your post to be angry about the Office of Refugee Resettlement, which is part of HHS, not DHS? Thanks.

As to conditions at the camp, it used to be a housing camp for oil workers run by Stratton Oilfield Systems, called "The Studios at Carizzo Springs".

https://www.vice.com/en/article/vb9xga/the-trump-administration-is-converting-a-former-man-camp-in-texas-into-a-shelter-for-migrant-kids

https://eaglefordshale.com/efs-news/press-releases/the-studios-at-carrizo-springs-provides-state-of-the-art-eagle-ford-accomodations

"The detention centers overseen by ICE are reserved for adults or families and often are run by private prison companies. Carrizo Springs is run by the nonprofit BCFS Health and Human Services, a government contractor for the Office of Refugee Resettlement, the agency within HHS that focuses on unaccompanied children."

It is a temporary refugee camp run by a nonprofit for the Office of Refugee Resettlement. These are in a different government department from ICE, who are all, as we 100% agree, shitbags who deserve to be punished. It's not a jail, calling it a concentration camp is frankly a lie - children stay there on average 42 days before being released to sponsors. Even if they were in hotels they would still be there some time, so while 42 days isn't the 20 days agreed in the consent decree, it's a transient refugee camp run by HHS Office of Refugee Resettlement.

The ICE camps, on the other hand, are loving evil. Can we at least not tar ORR with the same brush needlessly?

What Trump is doing is bad...

What Biden just opened isn't bad because it was used in previous administrations (Trump's)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hey I remember this guy

https://twitter.com/danker_hank/status/1363949353623166976

"Hey, remember that weird leftist who had that horrible take about eugenics or something? Turns out they're really into Vaush." Happening more and more

many such cases

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1364031341122191366

bold of the democrats to pick another woman poc completely throwing their quislings current woke talking points under the bus for no reason

On paper, Young is way more qualified than Tanden and still ticks all the POC optics boxes that dems can't shut up about, which makes me suspect the Tanden nomination was either a half-hearted favor or a total pantomime done for political theater that all sides could benefit from.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Nothus posted:

lmao, we're back to rules lawyering the definition of "concentration camp" again

I'm reminded of Cpt_Obvious' nice av and redtext.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
a lotta libs like to go camping to get "away from it all" and go hiking or whatever so they probably think thats what uncle joe's up to now.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Nothus posted:

On paper, Young is way more qualified than Tanden and still ticks all the POC optics boxes that dems can't shut up about, which makes me suspect the Tanden nomination was either a half-hearted favor or a total pantomime done for political theater that all sides could benefit from.
no I'm sure they really want Neera because they value her kind of loyalty above everything else

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Frankly of the "outreach" to the left from the Biden administration is seeing Neera get screwed out of this job I'll take it since it's the best we'll get.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Rust Martialis posted:

Well yeah, the kids are being held in detention until they're released in a few weeks to their guardians. Concentration camps a la Himmler they are not.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Biden gonna embrace every kid in those camps. Inspiring stuff. Thank you democratic party

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you guys are going to get this thread gassed again because crossposting D&D posts let the crybabies rules lawyer and claim we were helldumping them, which caused Jeffrey to rant about "live posting D&D."

If they want to defend child concentration camps in some of the most disgusting, stupid and hypocritical posting on the entire internet just let their thread stand as a testament to itself that everyone can gawk at.

Pick is the most disgusting poster on these forums though and she should have been permabanned around the time she tried to claim Biden wasn't a rapist because he only used his fingers on Tara Reade but she openly brags about being friends with Jeffrey so the forums are stuck with her.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Salean posted:

Biden gonna embrace every kid in those camps. Inspiring stuff. Thank you democratic party

biden will personally feel bad about every kid that is in those camps

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Grey Fox posted:

no I'm sure they really want Neera because they value her kind of loyalty above everything else

Too online twitter blue-checks and MSNBC poisoned broke-brains absolutely want her. The Biden admin and congressional Dems seem pretty indifferent about it given that nobody is making calls on her behalf.

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Holy loving poo poo :cripes:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
needless to say this is all very good

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

This is the day Biden officially became the president

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
what ever happened to that abolish ice weenie, is he part of the admin now

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

fits my needs posted:

I think he's assuring people he's definitely NOT CIA

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

fits my needs posted:

last I heard he was making perfect predictions, retroactively, about biden admin picks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fits my needs posted:

he headed up this whole initiative to pressure Biden to make the most left appointments possible and was roundly ignored, so he has been given the same outcome as all "progressive wonks" from Liz Warren on down

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Rectal Death Adept posted:

you guys are going to get this thread gassed again because crossposting D&D posts let the crybabies rules lawyer and claim we were helldumping them, which caused Jeffrey to rant about "live posting D&D."

gently caress off, nerd

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Listen if you don't hold them in secure individual cells they would be at a hotel with central air and be at risk for covid. When you think about it putting every person trying to cross the border into solitary is doing them a favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The more CSPAM breaks from the dnd fascists the more brutal and bloodthirsty they’re gonna get.