Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
What the gently caress? I saw somebody predict that's what it would be but thought they were joking. oh well WELCOME TO TODAY'S RED HELL WORLD

edit: how do i keep getting :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Lum_ posted:

Bought back into CCIV at 37 to see how it goes for the day. So it'll collapse, just fair warning!

I WARNED YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Jesus loving Christ this is a bad start to the day.

So much for SCVX. Oh well. I can hold longer. It was kinda close to NAV anyway when I got in.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Glad I jumped out of CCIV during pre-market :eyepop:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Haha holy poo poo what an open. Mostly just handing back gains, but if anyone spots any firesales let us know!

e: Picked up some more SCLEU at $10.45. Respectable exec team shooting for a sustainability play.

ee: Ooo, SPAQU at 10.56 too. Lower than IPO day.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 23, 2021

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Jesus loving Christ this is a bad start to the day.

So much for SCVX. Oh well. I can hold longer. It was kinda close to NAV anyway when I got in.

This could be a great opportunity to learn what effect a correction like this followed immediately by a target announcement has on my bank account.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

buying some CPUH units

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

CRHC seems like a good bet right now for someone.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Grabbed some more BCYP @ $10.10

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Anpanman

1) make sure you own 20-40% low price spacs

2) on days like this, sell those and buy stuff that has gotten hit

3) when things recover, trim/sell some of those winners and buy back the low priced stuff

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I bought this morning's dip and I'm feelin' fine! :awesomelon:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

FistEnergy posted:

I shuffled some stuff that didn't get hit into some stuff that did get hit

I own a lot of IPOF and SNPR now?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So I guess the GRSV DA is a dud that no one cares about? Dang.

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
Got in SPAQU at 10.62. Always nice to have a bit of dry powder for days like this.

I am very interested in the upcoming Khosla Ventures SPACs. KVSA is structured to have a regular promote at 12% and another 12% of the promote tied up until "certain triggering events occur prior to the 10th anniversary of our initial business combination including three equal triggering events based on our stock trading at $30.00, $40.00 and $50.00 per share following the first anniversary of the closing of our initial business combination." KVSC is similar but has a smaller promote at 8% regular promote and another 8% tied to "triggering events occur prior to the 10th anniversary of our initial business combination including three equal triggering events based on our stock trading at $20.00, $25.00 and $30.00 per share following the first anniversary of the closing of our initial business combination." In general I'm starting to focus on SPACs that give out no or very few warrants since I think that these will ultimately hold value as the general public becomes wise to the fact that SPACs are incredibly risky as long term holds. On the other hand, you only need to look at r/SPACs to see that there are lots of people ready and willing to hold the bag -- so who knows.

KVSA Prospectus posted:

Our Founder Share Structure
We have structured our founder shares to provide better aligned incentives than a typical blank check company. The Class K founder shares will only provide our sponsor, officers and directors with significant value if our Class A common stock, following our initial business combination, experiences significant price appreciation, which we believe aligns our interests with the interests of both our public stockholders and continuing stockholders of any targets we may seek to acquire. Importantly, unlike most SPACs, our sponsor will receive a financial benefit that is directly coupled to the value that is created for the investors.

The number of founder shares issued was determined based on the expectation that the founder shares (excluding any private placement shares and forward-purchase shares and assuming our initial stockholders do not purchase any other shares in this offering) would represent 15% of our outstanding shares of common stock immediately following the completion of this offering (excluding shares of Class K common stock, shares issued to any sellers in such business combination and any private placement shares), with the potential for the founder shares (excluding any private placement shares and forward-purchase shares and assuming our initial stockholders do not purchase any other shares in this offering) to represent in the aggregate up to 30% of the outstanding shares upon completion of this offering (excluding shares issued to any sellers in such business combination and any private placement shares) based on certain triggering events. The Class K founder shares are non-voting and will convert into shares of Class A common stock after our initial business combination only to the extent certain triggering events occur prior to the 10th anniversary of our initial business combination including three equal triggering events based on our stock trading at $30.00, $40.00 and $50.00 per share following the first anniversary of the closing of our initial business combination and also upon specified strategic transactions, in each case, as described in this prospectus. We believe this better aligns the incentives of our sponsor with that of our investors.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I guess the GRSV DA is a dud that no one cares about? Dang.

I think it's a good deal on a solid company and I expect the price to rise with zero discussion or fanfare. See JIH or LOAK. At this price there's almost no risk holding until close to merger. You can't accurately judge any SPAC price movement today. I can definitely see $12 or $13.

Divot
Dec 23, 2013
We're still waiting on any and all news regarding SCVX yeah?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Divot posted:

We're still waiting on any and all news regarding SCVX yeah?

Yep, the presser earlier today was unrelated.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

What happens if you ask to split units but you don't have a whole number of warrants?

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

Shear Modulus posted:

What happens if you ask to split units but you don't have a whole number of warrants?

Sell any extras before you request the split. The first time I did it my odd share out disappeared so I lost like 10 bucks on it. In the future make sure that you only purchase units in multiples of the warrant split.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
IVAN and SWBK are on sale.

So are altu warrants.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The SCVX rumor was.. in fact... a race car endorsement

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

FistEnergy posted:

I did absolutely nothing at all and I went from -9% to -3%.

Feels like I could've handled it worse :shrug:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

You all feeling swbk at sub 12?

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost
Wow, THCB moving.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Duey posted:

Wow, THCB moving.

Apparently a partner of theirs won a postal contract.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Handen posted:

After I bailed on CCIV I did a little sleuthing and opened a sizeable position in SCVX warrants.

From what I’ve seen, SentinelOne is SCVX’s number 1 prospective target, and having an announcement 30 mins prior to market open might imply something related.

:fap:

Was this announcement really just that they were sponsoring a racing team? How is that a "new era of cybersecurity" lol

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

Shear Modulus posted:

Was this announcement really just that they were sponsoring a racing team? How is that a "new era of cybersecurity" lol

Have you never interacted with a marketing director?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

Most of "cybersecurity" is just a big dumb grift so it fits

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

laxbro posted:

Got in SPAQU at 10.62. Always nice to have a bit of dry powder for days like this.

I am very interested in the upcoming Khosla Ventures SPACs. KVSA is structured to have a regular promote at 12% and another 12% of the promote tied up until "certain triggering events occur prior to the 10th anniversary of our initial business combination including three equal triggering events based on our stock trading at $30.00, $40.00 and $50.00 per share following the first anniversary of the closing of our initial business combination." KVSC is similar but has a smaller promote at 8% regular promote and another 8% tied to "triggering events occur prior to the 10th anniversary of our initial business combination including three equal triggering events based on our stock trading at $20.00, $25.00 and $30.00 per share following the first anniversary of the closing of our initial business combination." In general I'm starting to focus on SPACs that give out no or very few warrants since I think that these will ultimately hold value as the general public becomes wise to the fact that SPACs are incredibly risky as long term holds. On the other hand, you only need to look at r/SPACs to see that there are lots of people ready and willing to hold the bag -- so who knows.

cool post.

When is the IPO? This is a question I have often in general and I don't know how to find release info.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

does anybody know anything about warrants re: Vanguard? Can you buy them? Will Vanguard split units?

I don't think I've ever seen any warrants listed and I'm not finding much of anything on the website. If I were considering an account transfer would TDA be a good choice in this regard?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

TDA charges 38 bucks for when the split occurs, just as an fyi.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Pizza posted:

does anybody know anything about warrants re: Vanguard? Can you buy them? Will Vanguard split units?

I don't think I've ever seen any warrants listed and I'm not finding much of anything on the website. If I were considering an account transfer would TDA be a good choice in this regard?

You can buy warrants on Vanguard. Sometimes they will show up as TCKRW and sometimes they will be TCKR WS.

They will split units for the low low price of $300, so essentially no, they won't split units.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

wandler20 posted:

Apparently a partner of theirs won a postal contract.

gently caress yeah, Oshkosh landed the contract so microvast will be making their batteries.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I don't own any SPACs but I've been checking in on CCIV and laughing like a maniac anyway.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Shear Modulus posted:

The F1 world is so hyper-competitive and driven to find that additional 0.00001s of performance gains that I'm willing to wager teams would try, and likely have attempted, to hack into a competing teams servers to gain any level of technical data/information about a competitors car and thus potentially apply that to your own car (unless you're Mercedes), which is why cybersecurity would come into play for a racing team. Also, the teams competing at this level (ie. F1, LMP1 etc) are ran like corporations or hedge funds so there's also just the general cyber security aspect of it too.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 24, 2021

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
The Spygate incident back in '07 was pretty much just that, although the data wasn't stolen electronically.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

The Spygate incident back in '07 was pretty much just that, although the data wasn't stolen electronically.

Who's got the line on SPACs for up and coming copy companies :thunk:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Jose Valasquez posted:

They will split units for the low low price of $300, so essentially no, they won't split units.

Are you loving serious? That's horrendous.

Because of that, I went back and found this handy list of broker fees for splitting units if you wanna drop this in the OP, FistEnergy.

Also apparently someone on Reddit who uses Vanguard is claiming unit splits have gone from a couple days to a couple weeks worth of tying up your money, so if you incorporate that as a part of your strategy consider yourself notified, although for $300 I can't see why you would.

Edit: Any leads on tomorrow's two PIPEs? RMGB seems to have reacted positively in AH but SOAC hasn't.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 24, 2021

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

DMYI +27% currently!

https://twitter.com/GillianTan/status/1364393528898453507

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Is there a way to have commons assigned to you at below NAV using options? I saw someone on reddit mention that was their strategy, which received a single comment reply to the tune of "shh, don't ruin it for the rest of us."

Edit:

Chamath PIPEs: RMGB and RAAC. RMGB tanked, RAAC skyrocketed.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 24, 2021