Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Breakfast All Day posted:

why? there are no kids in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

I'm sort of confused whether this is where I should swing my IK dick around and threaten sixers on people, because on the one hand I only really like doing that to stop slapfights and everyone's pretty much in agreement on this, but on the other hand C-SPAM is not a D&D offsite and we might get in trouble if we keep using it as one

so I guess let's just give it a rest for now and keep posting succ from offsite like SA is intended for, thanks guys :)

that's fair, i don't doubt there's already whining about "forums invasions" again

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Democrats are great at getting nominations through the Senate :)

if they're trump nominations this is true

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Yinlock posted:

that's fair, i don't doubt there's already whining about "forums invasions" again

They never stop.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Not getting neera cabinet position any time soon

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Pretending concentration camps are not concentration camps is so loving awesome and a great thing to do.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

if anyone, anywhere on the internet were to take that clearly negative and wry activist's statement from that article about it being the cadillac of concentration camps and use that as an unironic ethical endorsement of the camps, they sure would be an absolute loving idiot worthy of being mocked and never taken seriously in any political discussion again. good thing im sure no one on these forums is such an absolute shitbrain to do that

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The democrats, folks, we love 'em, our politicians in blue

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

if anyone, anywhere on the internet were to take that clearly negative and wry activist's statement from that article about it being the cadillac of concentration camps and use that as an unironic ethical endorsement of the camps, they sure would be an absolute loving idiot worthy of being mocked and never taken seriously in any political discussion again. good thing im sure no one on these forums is such an absolute shitbrain to do that

To express this kind of abhorrent opinion without immediate reprisal would take some kind of intentionally-curated-community of the dumbest people alive. Thankfully, I can think of no examples of this completely hypothetical scenario

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
liberals leap to explain why their 'cadillac' child cages are amazing, why they can't pass $15/hr minimum wage, why they can't send the checks, why homelessness is actually natural and good, why they won't fight for M4A as soon as their guy is out of office, why they're lying about killing grandma in nursing homes while literally writing a book about how smart they are...

and then people wonder why folks are skeptical about roni-related mitigation measures and vaccines

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Pretending concentration camps are not concentration camps is so loving awesome and a great thing to do.

it was terrible to read this on TWITTER where they TWEETED this exact sentiment

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

D&D unskewing the Biden child concentration camps.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Democrats are great at making sure state security forces have enough facility floor-space to deal with COVID social distancing guidelines :)

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Raccooon posted:

D&D unskewing the Biden child concentration camps.

We don't talk about Dungeons and Dragons here. We do however accept sources from Tweeter or SOME libs.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I fuckingnlove the demodratS!!!!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

We don't talk about Dungeons and Dragons here. We do however accept sources from Tweeter or SOME libs.

IN THIS THREAD WE:

Make fun of libs (not those libs, though)

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

When lots of effort is put into terrible horrific opinions justifying the forced detainment of children there is no choice but to let it stand in some places on this internet. Its why we fought WW2

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
D&D is more than welcome to copy my posts and mock them although they are an unassailable fortress of truth so it may be difficult

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

cadillac child cage concentration camps

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

I'm sort of confused whether this is where I should swing my IK dick around and threaten sixers on people, because on the one hand I only really like doing that to stop slapfights and everyone's pretty much in agreement on this, but on the other hand C-SPAM is not a D&D offsite and we might get in trouble if we keep using it as one

so I guess let's just give it a rest for now and keep posting succ from offsite like SA is intended for, thanks guys :)

fair enough

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Kaddilac Kid Kages

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

When lots of effort is put into terrible horrific opinions justifying the forced detainment of children there is no choice but to let it stand in some places on this internet. Its why we fought WW2

the liberal college professor told the class that concentration camps are actually good, but a GOD-FEARING MARINE stood up and said "yes i agree"

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 16:45 on Feb 23, 2021

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Excelzior posted:

Kaddilac Kid Kages

Kiddy Koncentration Kamps

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

We only work our slaves 90 hours a week. We're far more ethical than those 100 hour a week plantations.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

personally im glad that our folks in team blue have decided to give another few hundred million to the faith-based kid prison non-profit that has non-profitably made its ceo a multimillionaire several times over while paying them $600/kid/day. and barely hundreds of kids were abused or ended up in forced labor in the process! this is what competent, compassionate democracy looks like

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

stellers bae posted:

liberals leap to explain why their 'cadillac' child cages are amazing, why they can't pass $15/hr minimum wage, why they can't send the checks, why homelessness is actually natural and good, why they won't fight for M4A as soon as their guy is out of office, why they're lying about killing grandma in nursing homes while literally writing a book about how smart they are...

and then people wonder why folks are skeptical about roni-related mitigation measures and vaccines

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the bars of these cages are made of the finest steel, imported straight from japan

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Yinlock posted:

the bars of these cages are made of the finest steel, imported straight from japan

neera tanden's ears perk up

but then she's disappointed by the rest of the sentence

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Figured once Trump was out of office the "kids in cages" would become "well its a complicated issue that requires some nuance."

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Yinlock posted:

excuse me, these so called "cages" used to house oil workers and were referred to as "villas". do you think exxon or bp would put its workers in cages?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

EDIT: I would like to clarify that I am quoting a San Antonio community activist covered in a Washington Post article, and not anyone else.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/immigrant-children-camp-texas-biden/2021/02/22/05dfd58c-7533-11eb-8115-9ad5e9c02117_story.html

“When I read they were opening again, I cried,” said Rosey Abuabara, a San Antonio community activist who was arrested for protesting outside the Carrizo camp in 2019. “I consoled myself with the fact that it was considered the Cadillac of [migrant child] centers, but I don’t have any hope that Biden is going to make it better.”

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 16:49 on Feb 23, 2021

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

(do not tell me if exxon or bp would put its workers in cages. i am a fragile poster who cannot be criticized and havec mod protection)

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Going to be real cool when they bring up the kids in cages stuff in 2022 for why it will certainly be bad if they lose the midterms and the conditions in the centers will be made worse if people don't vote.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Sorry the Biden admins kid cages are not to be criticized unless you can produce a detailed plan that would be a better solution.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

excuse me, these so called "cages" used to house oil workers and were referred to as "villas". do you think exxon or bp would put its workers in cages?

waking up on the iron floors of my deluxe mansion, then heading 2 feet to the breakfast nook to have my daily ration of luxury sludge

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

calculating the precise moles of children per milliliter to demonstrate that no reasonable chemist would refer to these camps as concentrated

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raccooon posted:

Sorry the Biden admins kid cages are not to be criticized unless you can produce a detailed plan that would be a better solution.

- don't put kids in cages

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Yinlock posted:

- don't put kids in cages

But where else would we put them after their parents committed the crime of crossing Line.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Raccooon posted:

That's not a problem, they just won't admit it's a better solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zurtilik posted:

But where else would we put them after their parents committed the crime of crossing Line.

"guys what if...what if crossing Line wasn't actually a crime"

biden advisor: ha ha well that's an interesting idea you have there, very interesting *desperately mashing silent alarm button under desk*