Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
:argh: eat the goddamn spinach ed, it’s delicious. jfc you’re a grownass man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Slammy posted:

Wee Pals (May 20, 1965)

Me too, kid. Me too.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (October 11-15, 1999)

In September 1999, someone put up a human kidney for sale on eBay, describing it as "fully functional" and with a starting price of 25 thousand dollars; it reached over five million before the listing was removed by the site's admins for violating the rules (since it's illegal to sell body parts, of course). Most people regard the attempted sale as a joke, but some think it was completely serious.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens
Of course it's not working. She has her mouth closed and is "drinking" from the upper side of the glass. :psyduck:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Even if Luann is going off to see Tara (and she totally is), so what, Bernice? Who died and made you Luann's mom?

In the hands of better writers, I could see this storyline actually being very relatable. Bernice loses her RA job and moves in with her Best Friend from childhood. Jealousy starts to set in as Bernice struggles to reconcile the facts that she and Luann really aren’t close anymore and that she doesn’t have the social circles that Luann does.

Unfortunately we have Evans.

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (October 4, 1951)

I love how completely wrong and rose-colored this strip gets on stuff like this. City streets have always been a menace.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/21/01

Brenda Starr 12/13-15/45

Smokey Stover 7/30/39

Richard's Poor Almanac

You be the judge! One's the chair of AOL, the other's a Kennedy and an accused rapist.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Feb 23, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 12/13-15/45

"...get a face tattoo and cut off your ear."

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 23, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 23, 1999)

Garfield Classic (June 23, 1989)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Cathy - March 5+6 1977

TIL about the Mary Tyler Moore Show!

quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mary_Tyler_Moore_Show

Moore starred as Mary Richards, an unmarried, independent woman focused on her career as associate producer at the fictional WJM news program in Minneapolis. A central female character who was not married or dependent on a man was a rarity in American television in the 1970s, leading to numerous publications citing The Mary Tyler Moore Show as groundbreaking television in the era of second-wave feminism.

I feel like a failed feminist for not knowing about this, kind of!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Master of magic, spells and illusion,
Enemies crumble in fear and confusion!

I have been parsing those lines as whiskers and Holbrook didn't want to draw lines all over their faces but.... that's just a gigantic hairy mole on his neck :wtf:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Vargo posted:

Wallace

gat drat that second panel is good

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

This is Art.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

nishi koichi posted:

:argh: eat the goddamn spinach ed, it’s delicious. jfc you’re a grownass man

as a kid I assumed spinach tasted gross because why else would a cartoon try and get you to believe it's good. Some amazing spinach dip and replacing lettuce with spinach on sandwiches later and I can't imagine anyone disliking it if they've actually eaten it in a dish before. Spinach ravioli and in lasagna is also great.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Children love the meat tank.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Call me a child if you may, but this made me snicker for a good while.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Homebodies - 1951-54

We get it: you hate Levittown tract housing.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

If it were normal pizza being delivered, you could assume this is evening, or even suppertime. But since it's on a bagel, it could be any time of day at all.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Gary Larson predicted Killdozer? :aaaaa:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Potsticker posted:

as a kid I assumed spinach tasted gross because why else would a cartoon try and get you to believe it's good. Some amazing spinach dip and replacing lettuce with spinach on sandwiches later and I can't imagine anyone disliking it if they've actually eaten it in a dish before. Spinach ravioli and in lasagna is also great.

A lot of boomers and silent generation grew up with vegetables being something out of a can.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

A lot of boomers and silent generation grew up with vegetables being something out of a can.

I hadn't considered that, but that is a good point.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Potsticker posted:

I hadn't considered that, but that is a good point.

It could also be a different cultivar, like brussels sprouts. Those tasted worse as a kid because they WERE more bitter back then.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Club life in Moominvalley

And a pair of conspirators for anyone interested:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dog's about to jump out and take a lightning strike for her

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I appreciate that someone else is acknowledging the presence of the seagull.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

:rolleyes:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm pretty sure she MEANS "I don't want to bring that on you guys" but I can't help but read it as "I just needed a decoy place for them to burn down".

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro

Reply All

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Yep just a normal day checking on my prisoners, that I keep imprisoned in my room.

I didn't get this as a kid and I'm not ashamed to admit I still don't get it now.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Also some people boil spinach which makes it mushy and gross. Fresh spinach is great but if someone opened a can of it and boiled it and served it to me as a side dish I would absolutely not eat it.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Twelve by Pies posted:

I didn't get this as a kid and I'm not ashamed to admit I still don't get it now.

The boy frog is showing an appreciation of all the things that make girl frogs appealing, in reference to a lady frog who, to us, doesn't appear to have very many physical differences.

It's ironic because the boy frog would probably not understand what a boy human sees different enough in a girl human to be worth all the trouble, either.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Dinky Dinkerton and Flyin' Jenny Sept. 12th, 1940

timg'ing this because I'm pretty sure that's considered offensive, even though it used to be the common term.

Axa

Somebody commented that Axa and Aniela look very similar, and let's be honest, Aniela would handle things way better. Anyway, I wish this one wasn't as weird and disjointed as it is, I really like old druid lady and her nature monsters.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban