Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You know how people say you learn more from your failures than your success?

That's why you can credit the Performance Center for Tay Conti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
tay's biggest moment in nxt was losing in a tournament to lacey evans

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Go look at the WWE PC website again.

Just browse it to the “success stories” section.

https://www.wweperformancecenter.com/#!/journey

There is the link. And just go through the names.

That’s why brain worms exist for their fans.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

flatluigi posted:

tay's biggest moment in nxt was losing in a tournament to lacey evans

Her biggest moment was this
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEmilJay/status/1192267158132318209

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Yeah, that's someone who has, fundamentally, not yet been taught how to wrestle.

18 months later one of the people in this match was responaible for this loving astounding sequence of offense from last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LabyxpViAyY&t=467s

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 23, 2021

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is me not wanting to be at little league practice circa 1996

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i like the little 'bwahh? you're standing up?' hand movements at 13 seconds in

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

This reminds me of that CM Punk vs Shelton Benjamin vs Elijah Burke 3 way that was so bad in a really weird way that it felt like they were doing a parody of wrestling rather than just a bad match.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i love this so much, literally slower than if you were doing a demostration at training, such a special clip.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That's got big "we were told to run this fight five times before opening gate, gently caress it, sleepwalk through it" energy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I remember when I was excited to hear Sara Del Rey was training people at the PC.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

actually, Norman Smiley does most of the training

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

this is so embarrassing

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

This is also not true. They are still the highest selling companies and that's the biggest genre. It's just floppies no one is buying, and no one is buying any of those. It's just moved to trade sales. Sorry to keep bringing this up, but this is a common talking point used by hate group Comicsgate, so it would be for the best if we don't act like it's true.

Comics had their highest sales in the 1940s, and part of this was the government buying a lot to send to the troops. When the war ended that market dried up and there was a drop, there were a few ups and downs, the newsstand market eventually got small enough that comics started moving to the direct market, which is comics sold in comic book stores.

CG usually points to the 1990s as the lost Golden Age When Things Were Good which is kinda hilarious because it was a massive speculation bubble which eventually popped, taking half the direct market with it. Since then comics have been holding on, they're not going anywhere, it's just the old problem where kids nowadays have 900 different things to entertain them.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Lid posted:

Yes Tay Conti failed to succeed in WWE because her ego was too big and she kept... politicking? What even is this? Is this citing an NXT fanfiction they wrote?

I think there's a bit of truth to this but its written in a way to make WWE look good and Conti look bad. She got frustrated in WWE because she wasn't going anywhere because WWE were signing ready-trained women and putting them ahead of the people being trained and made that known to them and they clearly don't handle well when people ask for a push or for more chances: so when the pandemic hit they cut her ASAP (along with Purazzo and several others who later on all had the same story of asking for a spot on TV only to be told no) and I think they assumed that she'd just go away. They recruited her from real sports and to succeed there you need a strong belief in yourself and clearly that does not work in WWE where you are expected to be like "yes sir sorry sir" if you do anything out of line or try to stand up for yourself; while in AEW (and in every normal wrestling promotion) that belief in yourself and work ethic to achieve things has clearly really helped her: and I think her knowing that AEW are behind her as strongly as they seem to be only improves that confidence and self-belief. Add in getting proper training and the fact that because there's a clear path of progression to bigger spots she actually has an incentive to train (which I suspect she did not late in her WWE run which might explain that gif) and everything just clicks to make AEW look good.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm so glad I never saw Tay in WWE so she has always been good to me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think part of it is the confidence she has gained from wearing better gear. she didn't even used to have real kneepads; just dumb wraps that led out from kickpads beneath them. pad tay is excellent

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i think part of it is the confidence she has gained from wearing better gear. she didn't even used to have real kneepads; just dumb wraps that led out from kickpads beneath them. pad tay is excellent

this is the worst and best post you've made yet

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Noted WWE Performance Center success stories La Sombra, Tommy End, Ricochet, and Kana.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tay still has some real green moments but she adds more cool poo poo to her game every time I see her and it’s clear AEW/Nightmare Factory is encouraging her to bring her own background into her wrestling style, which rules

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
They know they've got something, in the tournament in her loss to Nyla they gave her a visible three count.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

sticklefifer posted:

Noted WWE Performance Center success stories La Sombra, Tommy End, Ricochet, and Kana.

Also John Cena: "I endorse this service/and or product."

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Also John Cena: "I endorse this service/and or product."

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

sticklefifer posted:

you joke but there are a ton of NXT marks that sincerely believe people get polished and become better workers at the Performance Center

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

you joke but there are a ton of NXT marks that sincerely believe people get polished and become better workers at the Performance Center

Where else can they learn to find the hard cam?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1364383950974648327

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1364303190326394885

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
disgrace to the name mike jones

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

his legal name is micheal. spelled wrong like that

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
AEW Discussion is Lance vs fenix and other matches

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Saul Goode posted:

AEW Discussion is Lance vs fenix and other matches

AEW Dyanmite

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm going to spend 10 million dollars on rear end implants.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Dyanmite 2/24: Lance vs fenix and other matches

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Low Desert Punk posted:

The tragedy of Uhaa & Tozawa in WWE is why I still have a Monster Express avatar. Well, that and I don't feel like changing it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If Bryan really has 10 million that's unfortunate, no one should have that kind of money and he should stop hoarding.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's most likely his net worth. mine is $4000. thanks to the crazay graphics card market

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

it's most likely his net worth. mine is $4000. thanks to the crazay graphics card market

Nice. Mine's $346.

I hope I can pretend to be mad at TNA enough to get to that 10 million one day like Bryan.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i am going to rob bryan alvarez

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my net worth has gone up a lot since finding out watermelon gun has returned to the forum

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Alverez's wealth is all tied up in microphones, replica title belts & golden boats