Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

so they're making a Twisted Metal TV show https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/22/22295893/sony-twisted-metal-tv-show-deadpool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

about fuckin time

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Lifeforce finishes abruptly at the double penetration scene.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Lifeforce finishes abruptly at the double penetration scene.

and you did too, im sure*

* i havent seen the movie, if it's some terrible gross rapey thing please dont think im accusing you of being terrible and gross

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
aw yiss
https://twitter.com/ajemaineclement/status/1361554054535516160

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

The protagonist got uncomfortably slappy with a woman at one point for like no reason. On the upside here were a lot of good rubber shriveled zombie puppets and pulsating prosthetics. The movie is extremely weird.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The movie is extremely weird.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Achmed Jones posted:

please dont think im accusing you of being terrible and gross

well if you won't, i will

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

i am a cypher. a cypher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Agile Vector posted:

in a very real way, joe rogan has created an incredibly successful spinoff show for his character

lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i made it to the end of the first ep of devilman crybaby and lol holy gently caress

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Roosevelt posted:

i like that you can play as a super mutant

ogyrns are big and like hitting things really hard :allears:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kenny Logins posted:

i made it to the end of the first ep of devilman crybaby and lol holy gently caress

yeah it never stops going for it, prepare for each episode to top be wackier than the last

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kenny Logins posted:

god i hate jawas

especially when they just go hog wild eating nacho cheese out of a furry coconut

the second season does that scene with sand people

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GirouxMc...ingawful.com%2F

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the second season does that scene with sand people

drat jawas are loving brutal.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

drat jawas are loving brutal.
lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I got the UHD LotR release. it looks dope

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i've been generally impressed at the increasing amount of alternate audio/subtitles tracks on streaming. I'm trying to learn french, so ive been watching as much content as I can. What's annoying as poo poo though is stuff like Star Trek, when I was in Europe had like 8 languages available, but here in America there's only english. Also, while Disney has always had great localization for their animated movies, I just watched aladdin in french and instead of using the subtitle track from "la reve bleu" they subtitled a direct translation of the lyrics to "a whole new world" which is, well, different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pqssK_2ydM
like they do a really loving good job of rewriting their animated songs to fit the meter but still be in the local language. so its really loving annoying to get the french words to a whole new world when it's not what they're singing

i will never not post my favorite disney soundtrack video tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgBcQA9A3zA

youre welcome.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

also watching aladdin in french gives it big colonizer vibes, which is kind of darkly amusing on its own

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Casual Encountess posted:

also watching aladdin in french gives it big colonizer vibes, which is kind of darkly amusing on its own
netflix lets you slow it down a bit which can be helpful for learning too. by coincidence i got a recco from a family member for "call my agent" in the original parisian french

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kyle_maclachlan/status/1364263694759317506

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i don't understand this snyder thing. didn't they already release the movie? did they do a bunch of pick-ups? did they just happen to have hours worth of extra footage cut from the last release? doesn't he know nobody liked the movie why would they want twice as much of it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i don't understand this snyder thing. didn't they already release the movie? did they do a bunch of pick-ups? did they just happen to have hours worth of extra footage cut from the last release?

sometimes this does happen, movies can be heavily reshaped in editing. especially if it was a troubled and prolonged production in which the plan kept changing and they kept shooting

quote:

doesn't he know nobody liked the movie why would they want twice as much of it?

maybe this time the loud online nerd contingent really does represent a hidden audience goldmine instead of a bunch of angry dorks who will pirate the movie and continue complaining about it anyway

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

netflix lets you slow it down a bit which can be helpful for learning too. by coincidence i got a recco from a family member for "call my agent" in the original parisian french

Call my agent is pretty good, I've been enjoying it (also using it to improve my French!)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i don't understand this snyder thing. didn't they already release the movie? did they do a bunch of pick-ups? did they just happen to have hours worth of extra footage cut from the last release? doesn't he know nobody liked the movie why would they want twice as much of it?

att needs people to spend their disney+ money on hbo max instead and hollywood has had a lot of free time these past couple months

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

i will never not post my favorite disney soundtrack video tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgBcQA9A3zA

youre welcome.

THIS ROCK’S

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

pointsofdata posted:

Call my agent is pretty good, I've been enjoying it (also using it to improve my French!)

lupin on netflix was good for that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

duz posted:

att needs people to spend their disney+ money on hbo max instead and hollywood has had a lot of free time these past couple months

its gonna be like the lovely anchorman movie that was made entirely from deleted scenes and extra takes of the first one

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

lupin on netflix was good for that

I found the tone on Lupin a bit weird, it tools some getting used to. It would jump between kinda serious, and insanely dumb constantly

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Carthag Tuek posted:

its gonna be like the lovely anchorman movie that was made entirely from deleted scenes and extra takes of the first one

or the even worse time they did that for the sequel

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

pointsofdata posted:

I found the tone on Lupin a bit weird, it tools some getting used to. It would jump between kinda serious, and insanely dumb constantly

i can understand that. its funny for me because i grew up watching the lupin anime whereas my partner grew up reading the original original books so its kind of a unique intersection of taste for us

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
mods

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/McLeemz/status/1364069102319411204

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

i can understand that. its funny for me because i grew up watching the lupin anime whereas my partner grew up reading the original original books so its kind of a unique intersection of taste for us

I didn't realize there was an anime, it makes a lot more sense now...

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

pointsofdata posted:

I didn't realize there was an anime, it makes a lot more sense now...

both the anime and the netflix series are based on the books which were written in 1910 or whatever about a master thief. its some old timey sherlock holmes poo poo and its great.

also smoka fight me this is the best all time anime theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeCP76A3gx4

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

here is an absolutely incredible cover done by a japanese dudes going buck fuckin wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIi88qEH_SA

mystes
May 31, 2006

both the anime and the netflix series are based on the books which were written in 1910 or whatever about a master thief. its some old timey sherlock holmes poo poo and its great.

also smoka fight me this is the best all time anime theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeCP76A3gx4
Specifically I think the anime is like fanfiction that is supposed to be about the grandchild of the protagonist of the books or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mystes posted:

Specifically I think the anime is like fanfiction that is supposed to be about the grandchild of the protagonist of the books or something like that.

yes, that's why he's lupin the 3rd