Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

does the muppet 2015 reboot with explicit sex jokes also have a content warning or is everyone just doing their best to pretend that never happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That movie is worth it just to hear Kermit's pronunciation of 'gulag'. Also the songs are great.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
one year on and the HBO watchmen trigger warning is a real thing

it was originally written as a "parody" of what liberals would do rather than address systemic issues but i guess parodies are just instruction manuals now

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Mameluke posted:

one year on and the HBO watchmen trigger warning is a real thing

it was originally written as a "parody" of what liberals would do rather than address systemic issues but i guess parodies are just instruction manuals now

I can't wait until this somehow hits a peak and then in twenty years there are clickbait articles titled "REMEMBER WHEN NBC PUT A SENSITIVITY WARNING IN FRONT OF EVERY SPONGE BOB EPISODE???"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Rocko's Modern Life would definitely get sensitivity warnings

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i say swears online posted:

whoa i've never heard of this

its ok but doesnt really live up to the promise until like the very last episode of the season

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Someone plz tell me what's good to watch apart from allegedly DS9

Tv over the last decade: the two morgan written xfiles episodes in the latest seasons, what we do in the shadows, expanse, the boys, magicians (maybe not final season, I didn't bother); ive heard good things about warrior and banshee
Scifi if you haven't somehow seen it : original prisoner, bab5, farscape, red dwarf, bsg

Long movies: twin peaks season 3

That's about it. Maybe leftovers which I didn't get into but had promise. Literally every other show is will the mystery we dragged out for 4 years pay off???? Answer : nope, should have been a two hour movie (looking at you Mr robot)

For the most part tv is a fool's errand if you want to veg out (no subtitles) to something enjoyable; you should be watching great movies that came out in the last decade made on shoestring budgets. For example a dozen scott adkins movies, michael jae white has a bunch, the list goes on. Unfortunately, the moving image is actually important in these unlike most tv shows , so you can't just stare at your phone and listen half heartedly

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 19:02 on Feb 23, 2021

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I've been watching The Terror on Hulu. It's pretty good if you're interested in a supernatural Antarctic horror expedition story

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

~~~well actually~~~ it’s the arctic not antarctic

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Oh poo poo, dang

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Fleetwood posted:

I've been watching The Terror on Hulu. It's pretty good if you're interested in a supernatural Antarctic horror expedition story

Incredibly good as gently caress show imo

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Can confirm The Terror owns. Have not watched the newer seasons which seem to be new original stories but season 1 is a Rome reunion and it's good

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

my wife noped right out of the terror after like the very first scene when she saw the ships dog lol

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
yeah that dog croaks lmao

I actually enjoyed the book quite a bit too even though Dan Simmons is a chud and the book has next-level creepy writing when it comes to the teenage Inuit girl on the ship. I also just reread and enjoyed The Shining so I guess I just like books about people stuck in snowy places

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I've also been watching The Head on HBO (kinda meh so far) which takes place in Antarctica so I managed to confuse myself

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i got too scared of the terror a few eps in lol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
The first season was really good but I was told the second one sucks so I didn't watch it.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Fleetwood posted:

I've also been watching The Head on HBO (kinda meh so far) which takes place in Antarctica so I managed to confuse myself

there is only one true The Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znnnXT8qSfc

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I think that's what Joe Biden has

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I started watching the Expanse and I think it might be a good show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

Amos is the best friend in the universe even though he comes across as murder-machine/brute in the 1st season.

Day Crew= Holden / Alex
Nite Crew= Amos / Miller

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fleetwood posted:

Jared Harris plus the atmosphere of the first few episodes especially the diver scene which scared the hell out of me when I watched it

:vince:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

it is

coathat
May 21, 2007

The expanse is a failure of a show because it is prejudiced against short men and refused to cast them in the one show where it would make perfect sense

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

coathat posted:

The expanse is a failure of a show because it is prejudiced against short men and refused to cast them in the one show where it would make perfect sense

Finally a series that could have a lil' Ben Shapiro cameo role.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

etalian posted:

Jared Harris plus the atmosphere of the first few episodes especially the diver scene which scared the hell out of me when I watched it

:vince:

Jared Harris owns so much.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

etalian posted:

Amos is the best friend in the universe even though he comes across as murder-machine/brute in the 1st season.

Day Crew= Holden / Alex
Nite Crew= Amos / Miller

does he ever not come off as a murder-machine? the last two seasons have him being pretty murderiffic

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

coathat posted:

short people got... no reason... no reason to live

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ive been rewatching the last season of 24 and a). god this show was toxic and b). they really improved the formula by cutting it down to 12 episodes.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

taking a minute to appreciate the bi erasure in brokeback mountain a movie where the allegedly gay cowboys clearly enjoy loving women

hell technically speaking theyre not really cowboys either theyre shepherds so much subtext that completely went over the heads of dumbass liberals who dont understand rodeo culture despite it being an explicit plot point that was deliberately contextualized

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Some Guy TT posted:

rodeo culture

lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm the sheep dispassionately chewing grass watching a couple of guys in cowboy hats gently caress

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm the sheep dispassionately chewing grass watching a couple of guys in cowboy hats gently caress

i'm the cow who's totally hereford it

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Finally a series that could have a lil' Ben Shapiro cameo role.

there's a minor character in the third season who looks uncannily like him

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

coathat posted:

read Kim Stanley Robinson's 2312

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
watching DS9 because of this thread and lol at the idea that Picard would know how to casually operate the transporter system.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
person of interest owns

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

oh my god lmao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

whoa Nightcrawler is tailor made for disillusioned millennials (and zoomers I guess).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

finishing the film and

https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?s=20