Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
she said we can talk about it LATERRRRRRRR

and whelp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's right in that it will never be the right time to talk about any kind of reform and there will always be a fascist in the white house.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Donald Trump is a fascist so we better work hard to elect the guy that is exactly like him in every way and make sure not to criticize him when he does the exact same things Trump does but with more politically correct language

We can try to make things better at some unspecified point in the future, when the Republicans aren't running a fascist for president, something that has definitely happened in living memory

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
like eventually you have to pay attention and realize that even if Joe Biden is marginally better than Trump, he is still advancing the cause for fascism and voting for him is just enabling the republicans to nominate more fascists and encouraging the democrats to nominate more conservative shitheads and empty suits

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
this is the funny politics thread

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Tell that to the idiots smugging "she's right" about the funny yelling girl saying we can talk about important things later after we vote one fascist white supremacist in over the other

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

david Petraeus, the most hyped general of his era, got fired as head of CIA because he thought deleting gmail drafts would delete any record of him leaking info to his mistress/biographer

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

ArmZ posted:

david Petraeus, the most hyped general of his era, got fired as head of CIA because he thought deleting gmail drafts would delete any record of him leaking info to his mistress/biographer

he hosed and he got paid
no criminal charges either. Obama loved impunity for corrupt authorities, astounding considering how little he seemed to wet his own beak

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

El_Elegante posted:

he hosed and he got paid
no criminal charges either. Obama loved impunity for corrupt authorities, astounding considering how little he seemed to wet his own beak

reality winner got over 5 years and covid

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

ArmZ posted:

reality winner got over 5 years and covid

she's a corrupt authority?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

El_Elegante posted:

he hosed and he got paid

Obama is still rich as gently caress and unlike Trump actually knows how to wield power, to our detriment

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Antonymous posted:

she's a corrupt authority?

no thats just how they treat people with morals

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Tell that to the idiots smugging "she's right" about the funny yelling girl saying we can talk about important things later after we vote one fascist white supremacist in over the other

Who the gently caress is that?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Feldegast42 posted:

Obama is still rich as gently caress and unlike Trump actually knows how to wield power, to our detriment
yeah, looking kind while delivering murder is quite reasonable for a colonial superpower. In fact it’s basically perfect, that’s why YOU have mr bean and
mrs thatcher.

I’m still amazed the chuds pick racism over colonialism.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

El_Elegante posted:

he hosed and he got paid

he didn't need to be corrupt in office, he knew he would get paid once he was done and hey look whats that a $65 million deal to write memoirs and untold millions to put his name on netflix content

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the DNC trotting out that weirdo Kennedy to deliver the response to the State of the Union in 2018 for no reason

i'll also toss in a preemptive lol at his inevitable failed presidential run

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Obama threatening to drone strike the jonas brothers

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
key and peele making a joke about how Obama could drone strike anyone he wanted for any reason

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's funny because it's true!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Low Desert Punk posted:

the DNC trotting out that weirdo Kennedy to deliver the response to the State of the Union in 2018 for no reason

they always get some fuckup to respond to the SOTU, like a ritual sacrifice

sometimes there's even more than one at once

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they always get some fuckup to respond to the SOTU, like a ritual sacrifice

sometimes there's even more than one at once

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

lollin at the thought that the moist kennedy wanted to avoid water bottle-gate and it backfired

of course it's probably just because he's a slobbering inbred monster

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
where’s the Kennedy cartoon where he’s just covered in cum? I can’t believe that was enough to kill his career, but I’m certain it did

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Low Desert Punk posted:

The DNC hauling out some lich from Kentucky to do a SOTU response with a crowd shot that was so sparse it might have been from a 2020 socially distanced diner

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

do we really have to keep this derail going?

trump wanted to be a dictator

biden wants to be a normal american president (a war criminal whomst human rights abuse)

that woman posted cringe but she was also right that one idiot old is worse than the other idiot old

nah, trump wanted to be a tv star

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
shut the gently caress up about the election, this isn’t a discussion thread. it’s a place for funny things.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

old mcdonald fire house doesn't really seem in line with endicott's nursing home mcmansion sensibilities

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

how does something like that happen?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Is this... Martha stewart's home, when she was on house arrest for insider trading?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Apparently it's John Edwards' house

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

WHEN MARTHA STEWART was released from prison in March 2005, the press was making much of the fact that her net worth grew during her time in custody. As if the goal of prosecutors had been to destroy her, rather than punish her for lying during an investigation and send a message that people, no matter who they are, can’t obstruct justice.

I was in Las Vegas giving a speech and knew the media would try to get an ambush reaction from me on camera, because I was the United States Attorney who had indicted her and received an enormous amount of media attention and criticism as a result. As expected, a cameraperson and a local reporter with a microphone approached. The reporter stuck the microphone in my face and said, breathlessly, “Mr. Comey, Martha Stewart is getting out of prison today worth two hundred million dollars more than when she went in. How does that make you feel?” (For some reason, he pronounced “feel” to sound like “feeeeel.”)

I paused, looked into the camera, and delivered a line I had practiced in my head a dozen times, willing myself not to smile. “Well,” I said, slowly, “we at the Department of Justice are all about the successful reentry of our inmates into society. Ms. Stewart may have done better than most of our convicts, but that’s certainly no cause for concern.” Stone-faced, I nodded and walked off. The reporter had no idea I was fooling around, but the cameraperson—they tend to be the more down-to-earth members of a media team—laughed so hard that the camera bumped up and down. The shot was too shaky to use.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

this looks like the high school I went to in alaska where it was clearly designed for California so they just built outdoor hallways to connect the buildings.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Tesseraction posted:

remember when the obamacare repeal got to the senate and instead of trying to cajole senators to vote to repeal he was just tweeting about how much of a bitch Jeff Sessions was instead and the repeal lost by 1 vote

lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

key and peele making a joke about how Obama could drone strike anyone he wanted for any reason

Is it one with obama and his anger translator? It looks like they did a couple of those. Which one is it?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is it one with obama and his anger translator? It looks like they did a couple of those. Which one is it?

Yeah it's one of the many anger translator bits. They got pretty bad near the end, with the drone jokes and the really terrible one where Hillary has an anger translator too

K&P is probably my favorite sketch comedy show but those got real bad over time

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Dr. Blair : You see, what we're talkin' about here is an organism that imitates other life-forms, and it imitates 'em perfectly. When this thing attacked our house it tried to digest them... absorb them, and in the process shape its own cells to imitate them. This for instance. That's not house. It's imitation. We got to it before it had time to finish.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you can't, you can't get fooled again

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Yeah it's one of the many anger translator bits. They got pretty bad near the end, with the drone jokes and the really terrible one where Hillary has an anger translator too

K&P is probably my favorite sketch comedy show but those got real bad over time

K&P is great particularly given their volume but I think if you have to give it to one troupe its KitH

For content: I remembered that there's a White House bowling alley thanks to Nixon and that there's not solar panels thanks to Reagan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Tricky D posted:

Dr. Blair : You see, what we're talkin' about here is an organism that imitates other life-forms, and it imitates 'em perfectly. When this thing attacked our house it tried to digest them... absorb them, and in the process shape its own cells to imitate them. This for instance. That's not house. It's imitation. We got to it before it had time to finish.

Blair: Hey man, I wanna come back inside!

MacReady: We built a hallway from the shack to the building. You are technically inside.