Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hambeet posted:

everyone working at a jsp is just there biding their time while they look for other jobs. there is no special training to work there. it's literally busy work for them and the job seeker.

I almost hit apply for a job at a JSP, but it wouldnt have been frontline stuff, just sitting in the back office writing up reports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Prime Minister rape bad..? is not guaranteeing he'll release the results of a report into who knew what when in his office. Phwoar, the moral fortitude of twice used toilet paper.

NPR Journalizard posted:

I almost hit apply for a job at a JSP, but it wouldnt have been frontline stuff, just sitting in the back office writing up reports.

second against the wall

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

second against the wall

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

ungulateman posted:

why do unemployed people have to get advice on getting a job from people who can't get real jobs and have to work in the job seeker providing industry

just give them their jobs

auwu need something to do I guess

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

hambeet posted:

they've probably changed that loophole.

well,

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

auwu need something to do I guess

The a uwu are engaged in bloody war with friendly Jordan

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
It's heartwarming to see Craig Kelly taking the final steps towards becoming the next person could have just shut up and coasted through life without fuss or worry but instead drank too much Facebook Psycho-Juice till he threw up all over himself and ruined his entire career.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's heartwarming to see Craig Kelly taking the final steps towards becoming the next person could have just shut up and coasted through life without fuss or worry but instead drank too much Facebook Psycho-Juice till he threw up all over himself and ruined his entire career.

The Cory Bernardi Memorial Offramp

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Yeah I'm sure Cory is definitely living in a ditch somewhere and not being thrown cushy, overpaid jobs by god botheres, right wing wank stains and any financial scheme that wants to say "we're legit, look, we have a former senator!"

E: I laughed at your joke though :shobon:

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

No doubt. Job/money is never a problem for these skinsuits after leaving politics. I just note that they all seem to think they have a huge personal following that will stick with them when they leave a party, and later realise their likely vote approaches zero once no longer just a seat filler for the coalition.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Bernardi would get paid like $150k+ per year as a pension and via benefits as a retired senator.

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
Seeing the South African strain pop up in a number of places - New York, Seattle, Northern Ireland, England. I wonder how they'll allow international travel in with the majority of our population getting the AZ shot, which to date the only data I can find shows a efficacy rate of 22%? Does anyone know if AZ are testing their vaccine against the South African strain and when results are due back?

There is an article in Bloomberg today stating South African authorities don't believe the Novavax vaccine will be suitable as it shows not much protection against the South African strain, which Australia has also purchased :v:

It'd be nice if the Government answered these questions, rather than disallowing those giving jabs from advertising which vaccine they have (isn't Australia just getting the AZ for the majority of the population, there won't be any physical Pfizer shots in the country, so whats the point?) and stating that both vaccines are 100% the same.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-23/south-africa-has-concerns-about-sputnik-v-novavax-vaccines

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

Yeah I'm sure Cory is definitely living in a ditch somewhere and not being thrown cushy, overpaid jobs by god botheres, right wing wank stains and any financial scheme that wants to say "we're legit, look, we have a former senator!"

E: I laughed at your joke though :shobon:

He has a show on Sky News.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Wuh oh, they somehow OD'd two old people with pfizer

https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/1364332667521691649

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

The Peccadillo posted:

Wuh oh, they somehow OD'd two old people with pfizer

https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/1364332667521691649

queensland

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Love to use four times the required amount of one of the most precious resources on the planet to almost kill a pensioner.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Zenithe posted:

Love to use four times the required amount of one of the most precious resources on the planet to almost kill a pensioner.

I’m on board with the goal, but I agree there are much more efficient ways to do it

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Er they had no adverse reaction and weren't remotely likely to, so saying almost killing a pensioner is a bit of a stretch.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I was hooking up with a woman for a while who worked at a JSP, dropped contact with her after a FB screed where she defended Work for the Dole as being good, even when stats showed it causing worse employment outcomes, because those getting benefits were lazy and essentially needed to be punished.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’m on board with the goal, but I agree there are much more efficient ways to do it

you can kill pensioners far quicker by just not giving them the vaccine at all.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
There's a petition currently going around from a school girl who wants to change the sex ed curriculum to include updates to the concept of consent - mainly to have it taught to kids far earlier.

quote:

A recent petition circulated by Sydney school girl Chanel Contos called for schools to provide better education on consent, and to do so much earlier.

In the petition, which since Thursday has been signed by more than 5,000 people, Contos writes that her school

quote:

"… provided me with life changing education on consent for the first time in year 10. However, it happened too late and came with the tough realisation that amongst my friends, almost half of us had already been raped or sexually assaulted by boys from neighbouring schools."

The article is worth a read and goes into what kids are taught now.

But good lord it's loving depressing to see that nothing's changed in the 30 or so years since I finished school when it comes to girls being assaulted or raped.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Craig Kelly actually went to the cross bench so the LNP weren't on the hook for another sex pest.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-24/finance-department-investigation-work-health-safety-craig-kelly/13184948

quote:

On top of that, police successfully applied for a provisional Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) which prohibits Mr Zumbo from contacting, harassing and intimidating a teenager who had worked as an intern in Mr Kelly's office.

I'm all for empowering youth but what is a young teenager doing in the sleaze pit that is parliament house? I blame the parents. Why didn't they just throw their daughter at some professional footballers?

Rebecca Maher is the first Aboriginal person to die in New South Wales police custody since the introduction of the mandatory custody notification service (CNS) in 2000. She was taken into protective custody for allegedly walking in an intoxicated manner along a road in Cessnock. Police did not attempt to contact a responsible person, as required under the relevant legislation, did not call an ambulance, and did not search her for drugs because they mistakenly believed she was HIV positive. They did not enter her cell between 1.27am, when she was checked in, and 5.51am, when it was discovered she was dead. An inquest found that her level of intoxication and apparent breathing difficulties, which were noted by police although some police at the inquest denied discussing the issue, meant that she should have been taken to hospital. Had an ambulance been called, the coroner found, she would have survived. The coroner made seven recommendations including expanding the CNS to include people taken into protective custody.

ISSUES RAISED
Medical care required but not all given, procedures not all followed.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

go_banana posted:

Seeing the South African strain pop up in a number of places - New York, Seattle, Northern Ireland, England. I wonder how they'll allow international travel in with the majority of our population getting the AZ shot, which to date the only data I can find shows a efficacy rate of 22%? Does anyone know if AZ are testing their vaccine against the South African strain and when results are due back?

The South African "study" on AZ was terrible and in no way can truly be used to draw any inference as to AZ's efficacy against the South African strain. You can rule the study out as it was not done with the now known best dosage methodology of second dose at three months. Yes, AZ are testing verses that strain.

The big takeaway from reputable studies of AZ is the efficacy is close to 85% with a three month second shot and when used like that also shows encouraging results verses UK and South African variants.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The podcast This Week in Virology episode 270 was a real good rundown of vaccine information with Paul Offit, the guy who invented the rotavirus vaccine and does vaccine education, and worked on this stuff, which was Interesting and reassuring

Also at the end of the interview he seems to endorse some kind of bolstered universal surveillance program to detect viruses because China kept Wuhan on the down low initially, because scientists have weird politics

https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-720/

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 24, 2021

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Don't worry, One Nation getting right in on a scandal while it's relevant as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/24/sean-black-one-nation-party-rehired-convicted-rapist-just-months-after-prison-release

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Wonder if they're allowed to hit the button if you turn up to the interview visibly drunk or if I have discovered a vital loophole

Just ask about their policy towards Unions and getting blazed on the job. Explain that smoking weed and organizing strikes for workers not allowed to smoke weed is your "core competency". I guarantee you wont be offered the job. Yeah the loopholes here are pretty easy. Just make them not want to hire you.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

peter dutton posted:

“I’ve been here 20 years, this is the first allegation that I’m aware of, of somebody being raped,” he said. “No doubt there will be other people who allege that they’ve been sexually assaulted or they’ve been in a circumstance where somebody believed there was consent and there wasn’t.”

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

not only do we get a blanket "i dunno" but also some casual victim blaming along the way

nice one dutton you absolute gently caress

(from this https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/24/peter-dutton-refuses-to-say-if-he-was-notified-of-brittany-higgins-allegation)

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
Craig Kelly was surely gone at the next election anyway and he knows it - he was going to lose preselection for the last election before Morrison intervened to save him and obviously there was very little chance of that happening again.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

It's rapists all the way down.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I would assume Craig Kelly's staffers would all be LNP members? always curious what goes on behind the scenes when they ditch the party but have party members as staff.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Honestly it's a shame to waste valuable vaccine on Australians.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for January:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Tasmania bad for once

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Perth :eyepop:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

i feel very attacked by this

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
Why Adelaide, indeed

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

Scott Morrison says it has “long” been his view that an adviser who is currently the subject of an apprehended violence order and allegations of inappropriate behaviour by young interns should not be employed by the former Liberal MP Craig Kelly.

If it had long been your view Scott, how did you only just find out about it?
EDIT: Or am I getting confused, I can't keep all the deflections about LNP rapists straight.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

i feel very attacked by this

Don't worry it's Dis Ease, as in we drop disses with ease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hooman posted:

If it had long been your view Scott, how did you only just find out about it?
EDIT: Or am I getting confused, I can't keep all the deflections about LNP rapists straight.

different rapist. gotta wonder why morrison intervened to save kellys rear end last preselection though