Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he's counting all the money he spent on those phone lines in his net worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ah yes, the one company people associate Sting with: WWE. Joining them in his rookie year at age 55 or whatever the gently caress.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that dude absolutely just looked up a list of people who are or who have worked in AEW to make people mad and then threw in Jaxson Ryker for the hell of it.

even the most lead-dense WWE stan in the universe could not possibly think Jerry Lynn, a guy who was in WWE for 3 months, was made in the WWE unless saying it would get under someone else's skin

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Cavauro posted:

my net worth has gone up a lot since finding out watermelon gun has returned to the forum

i am going to steal bryan alvarez’s headphones And belts using guns and bombs

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

This poster has mastered the art of creating hilarious comedy just by listing pro wrestlers, an excellent post

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

In what goddamn world are Sting, Arn Anderson, Lance Archer, Trent, Tazz, and Tully 'made in the WWE'?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Vandar posted:

In what goddamn world are Sting, Arn Anderson, Lance Archer, Trent, Tazz, and Tully 'made in the WWE'?

this one, the real one, the same world where hiroshi tanahashi, jim londos, and djt were made by the e. the e makes stars baby

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Vandar posted:

This is patently ridiculous, everyone knows Sting, Archer and Taz made made their names in TNA

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
tna is IMPACT! now

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

better than when it was gfw for like two weeks

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Noted WWE wrestler Jerry Lynn

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
better or not, the name is IMPACT! now and to use anything else is disrespectful. we all got the f out now let’s bring the IMPACT! in

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

if you're gonna troll by using everyones WWE names you miss a prime opportunity by not saying Stardust

also no Ambrose

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I had to check Jerry Lynn's article to make sure he was ever in WWE and yes he was there for a cup of coffee, and they even had him hold the Lightweight Title for a month. This is up there with Shingo Takagi for most egregious weight labeling of all time. He debuted in March/April 2001 (House/Live) and his last match was August 2001.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Ok I made the effort to find this post and leaving out his justifications is a sin.

"Who owns WCW?"

"What does that have to do with WWE owning WCW? They were made in WWE, WCW does not exist anymore except in WWE history."

"It’s 2021 not the 1990’s. That does not matter. WCW does not exist anymore. WWE is WCW."

"Are you dense? WWE is WCW. They were made in WCW which is WWE(owned). It’s not hard to understand."

"If you don’t understand that Vince bought WCW and therefore made everything that came before in WCW, WWE? You don’t know how buying rights/companies work."

Oh god please let AEW buy out WWE so I can claim that Alexa Bliss was made in AEW.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

Ok I made the effort to find this post and leaving out his justifications is a sin.

"Who owns WCW?"

"What does that have to do with WWE owning WCW? They were made in WWE, WCW does not exist anymore except in WWE history."

"It’s 2021 not the 1990’s. That does not matter. WCW does not exist anymore. WWE is WCW."

"Are you dense? WWE is WCW. They were made in WCW which is WWE(owned). It’s not hard to understand."

"If you don’t understand that Vince bought WCW and therefore made everything that came before in WCW, WWE? You don’t know how buying rights/companies work."

Oh god please let AEW buy out WWE so I can claim that Alexa Bliss was made in AEW.

he's getfiscaling, dude

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Its 2021, if you're pretending to be stupid to troll you are stupid to begin with.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

then i will bide my time until 2022

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Lid posted:

I had to check Jerry Lynn's article to make sure he was ever in WWE and yes he was there for a cup of coffee, and they even had him hold the Lightweight Title for a month. This is up there with Shingo Takagi for most egregious weight labeling of all time. He debuted in March/April 2001 (House/Live) and his last match was August 2001.

and somehow he managed to end up in just bring it in that short time

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

and somehow he managed to end up in just bring it in that short time

His last but one match for WWF was an unconsidered classic against Rob Van Dam on Sunday Night Heat. Not quite as good as his matches against him in ECW, but a real hidden gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSDrHf1V6aQ

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Sunday Night Heat match is the best RVD/Lynn match

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

No one had better tell me to source my quotes on that last post or I will be mad

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The Heat match between Lynn and RVD is good and reports at the time said it was even longer than what ended up airing. The aired match was about half the length of what they did in front of the live crowd.

Funnily, RVD is probably the one case where someone became a better worker in WWE than before. I’d attribute this more to working with Benoit/Eddy/Jericho and others than anything else though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

The Sunday Night Heat match is the best RVD/Lynn match

Source your quotes

jesus WEP posted:

No one had better tell me to source my quotes on that last post or I will be mad

Oops

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Serena's another fun one to be a 'WWE product.' The PC really helped her learn how to get her head shaved.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dawgstar posted:

Serena's another fun one to be a 'WWE product.' The PC really helped her learn how to get her head shaved.

Serena Deeb has already had more matches in AEW than she had in WWE

(that's not counting 25 matches in FCW)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Lid posted:

Its 2021, if you're pretending to be stupid to troll you are stupid to begin with.

We become what we pretend to be

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Lid posted:

it's not pretending to be stupid it's being willingly obtuse, have you never read a MassRanTer post

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Very much looking to the very normal fallout from WWE stans on the news of Paul Wight signing with AEW :allears:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

Very much looking to the very normal fallout from WWE stans on the news of Paul Wight signing with AEW :allears:

It's already happening. My personal favorite I've seen multiple times is people replying to this official announcement with "He's still under WWE contract so this isn't true."

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's already happening. My personal favorite I've seen multiple times is people replying to this official announcement with "He's still under WWE contract so this isn't true."

The Forbidden Door is truly open

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vince MechMahon posted:

https://twitter.com/Bennazia_S/status/1364621503141183491?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1364652643457650688

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

How long has Gargano been in NXT?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Longer than most of us have been alive.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Pylons posted:

How long has Gargano been in NXT?

Johnny Gargano debuted in NXT in 2015.

Here are some wrestlers who made their wrestling debut in 2015: MJF, Matt Riddle, Brody King, Darby Allin, Priscilla Kelly, Big Swole, Marko Stunt, Britt Baker, Jamie Hayter, Kaito Kiyomiya, Shayna Baszler

Fun fact: Nia Jax debuted a month before Gargano debuted. NIA JAX HAS BEEN IN WWE LONGER THAN JOHNNY GARGANO.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/h_visibility/status/1364684192056041474?s=20

Because that's totally why she's going to the Performance Center, to help others grow.

EDIT: I know it's obvious bait and I shouldn't trevor-post but...

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1364685764404129795?s=20

Come the gently caress on.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 24, 2021

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Rick Steiner son emerges from NXT with pure white hair screaming "ITS LONGER THAN YOU THINK DAD"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vandar posted:

https://twitter.com/h_visibility/status/1364684192056041474?s=20

Because that's totally why she's going to the Performance Center, to help others grow.

EDIT: I know it's obvious bait and I shouldn't trevor-post but...

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1364685764404129795?s=20

Come the gently caress on.

My math says about 4 or 5 years more experience and WWE thought Dana was main roster ready after 3 years in a ring.

edit: sorry, maths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Maki in NXT is a cursed thought.