Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The bluepoint remake rumors at least for 1 have been going around for a while and have always stunk of bs to me. I hope the port of the collection is real though, if anything I’m surprised they didn’t also port it to PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I’d probably sing young Serbs are dying with that kind of joy too

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
It’s going to pwn and the salty hating cucks itt will be thoroughly btfo as I am laughing and #winning

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The bluepoint remake rumors at least for 1 have been going around for a while and have always stunk of bs to me. I hope the port of the collection is real though, if anything I’m surprised they didn’t also port it to PS4

yeah i know people would have bough tit if they ported it to ps4. for example: i would have bought that!!

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I think it’s real the smoke has just been there for too long it’s like Epstein level poo poo at this point. Same with silent hill.

the last I saw is that the remake is strictly porting it to the modern mgsv play style and graphics and might even just use original voice acting

apparently there were major issues porting mgs4 to anything though they were making headway on a 360 version at some point. Konami didn’t have the interest or resources to work on mgs past V outside of survive, and had no interest in potentially selling or licensing anything. That all changed when the last few games they released poo poo the bed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're porting they HD collection to next gen, doing a remake of MGS1 and the Metal Gear Movie is about to come out. Any day now all of this shall pass.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
If we have to get remakes then do the MSX games instead. I want to hatch an owl from an egg to convince a guard it's bedtime but with sophisticated next gen incubation mechanics

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

They're porting they HD collection to next gen, doing a remake of MGS1 and the Metal Gear Movie is about to come out. Any day now all of this shall pass.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

John Romero posted:

I think it’s real the smoke has just been there for too long it’s like Epstein level poo poo at this point.

cool comparison.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

In Training posted:

lmao that movie is actually happening as are a bunch of other video game movies. studios are desperate for ready to go franchises right now and as most of the well-known other media ones are spoken for they’re going to start mining games.

guarantee you that borderlands movie is projected to be the first in a series with multiple streaming tie ins. Same with the resident evil reboot they just finished filming

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

cool comparison.

its amazing how many people fail th e very easy "don't be a weird psycho" rule

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

sorry

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i just think it’s a funny juxtaposition to be like these video game rumors are kind of like how everyone knew about pedophile island

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

b_d posted:

i just think it’s a funny juxtaposition to be like these video game rumors are kind of like how everyone knew about pedophile island

who gives a gently caress

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

MeatwadIsGod posted:

If we have to get remakes then do the MSX games instead. I want to hatch an owl from an egg to convince a guard it's bedtime but with sophisticated next gen incubation mechanics
https://clips.twitch.tv/EmpathicAmusedDiscNotLikeThis

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

bro. this dude made you his bitch with the game daikatana. he gets a pass

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Fungah! posted:

what about the don’t be a whiny bitch rule how many people have successful rolls against that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yup

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

bro. this dude made you his bitch with the game daikatana. he gets a pass

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

John Romero posted:

what about the don’t be a whiny bitch rule how many people have successful rolls against that

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

they made a remake of metal gear 2, it's called metal gear solid

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

the duality of man

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Didn't they remake metal gear solid on gamecube and it didn't suck

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

AverySpecialfriend posted:

it doesn't replace the psx game but it's good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I actually just got a copy of Twin Snakes I paid probably way too much money for

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Twin snakes is good for a lot of reasons but bad because it undoes the clever localization.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/18/20696081/metal-gear-solid-translation-japanese-english-jeremy-blaustein

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

get a new story crybaby blaustein

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jeremy BlooBloostein

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

AverySpecialfriend posted:

yes

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
thank you sony for making the ps5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The whole magic behind MGs was how far they were able to push the limited capabilities of the psx , a modern engine remake would be loving stupi