Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

...and don't forget DEBT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

This cartoon is definitely a fetish thing.

"Vaccines contain aborted fetal matter" is a pretty good conspiracy theory but still greatly inferior to "Pepsi contains aborted fetal matter."

I forget why that's in Pepsi, is it the taste, or is it chemically addictive, or does it turn you into a satanist, or is it just for fun

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Complications posted:

I misread that as "aborted fecal matter" and was wondering what, physically speaking, aborted poo was. Vomit maybe?

he could have replaced “matter” with “tissue” and avoided literally everyone misreading it that way.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

spacemang_spliff posted:

love the unreadable font
i did consider converting all of that to comic sans as well but it was enough effort making the top clear for whatever i put on top of it and it's surprisingly difficult to find script fonts with an immediately legible "G" so i washed my hands of it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
vaccines use adrenochrome Ben you hack

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Dees is still king of maximalist political cartooning

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
texas needs to get the water turned back on. the windmills have started to wilt.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

FFT posted:

i did consider converting all of that to comic sans as well but it was enough effort making the top clear for whatever i put on top of it and it's surprisingly difficult to find script fonts with an immediately legible "G" so i washed my hands of it

lol do it in wingdings (the best font)

I like the comic tho (I also need glasses but I can't be assed to go to the optometrist)

e: God reminds me of Trey Anastasio for some reason

AGC

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

how'd those coal plants do

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AGC

I don't know how conservatives managed to convince everyone that Texas is using too much green energy and that's why their non-winterized special-snowflake power grid busted in cold temperatures but it probably helps if you really wanted to believe it ahead of time

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

loquacius posted:

AGC

I don't know how conservatives managed to convince everyone that Texas is using too much green energy and that's why their non-winterized special-snowflake power grid busted in cold temperatures but it probably helps if you really wanted to believe it ahead of time

its stemming from IF THE SUNS NOT OUT YOU CANT GET POWER argument I’m pretty sure. It’s remarkable how they’ve managed to do it with texas of all places honestly

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

spacemang_spliff posted:

considering a large part of the reason they never built any extra capacity was so they could charge higher rates in future periods of scarcity, they worked really well

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

agc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

AOC is right, AGC

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

spacemang_spliff posted:

dont you know it's BIDEN and his goddamn anti emissions laws clamping down on them, that's why they couldn't turn them on!

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Ironically, I bet Biden loves microwaved lobster thermidor

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
i'm guessing bat soup man is the new guy who hosed a monkey

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
so did china engineer the virus or is it the bat thing was largely discredited within a month of the pandemic Ben?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

why is biden “robinette”

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

it's his middle name

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

b_d posted:

why is biden “robinette”

That's his middle name.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

so did china engineer the virus or is it the bat thing was largely discredited within a month of the pandemic Ben?

doesn’t matter

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Killjoy posted:

china engineered the bat

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

these recent cartoons are almost perfectly aligned with what Alex Jones has been talking about the days prior.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/babyboymonaghan/status/1364345907030806533

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
major Chickhead here and I’ve never seen that one before but am not surprised he seriously argued that there were actual witches in Salem

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

major Chickhead here and I’ve never seen that one before but am not surprised he seriously argued that there were actual witches in Salem

yeah same I kinda want to read it

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
IIRC it's about the girls being used by satan to accuse innocent people

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I sucks Dees didn’t live to experience COVID. He would have loved this stuff

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

I sucks Dees didn’t live to experience COVID. He would have loved this stuff

He was sent to warn us. His brain was a radio picking up transmissions like in Prince of Darkness, but we didn't listen until it was too late.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Those extremely evil supervillains *checks notes* Batman and Robin.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

b_d posted:

why is biden "robinette"

Twelve by Pies posted:

Those extremely evil supervillains *checks notes* Batman and Robin.

It makes more sense if you start with the premise that Garrison wants to make fun of his middle name and went from there. Cutting edge political commentary.

I know that is supposed to be Xi Jinping, but he is drawn very similar to how Garrison draws Trump.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I dont know posted:

I know that is supposed to be Xi Jinping, but he is drawn very similar to how Garrison draws Trump.

The blonde eyebrows really threw me, I was approaching it as 'Hero Trump eats China's lunch literally and figuratively as pantywaist Biden looks on in awe and senility'.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mary Annette posted:

The blonde eyebrows really threw me, I was approaching it as 'Hero Trump eats China's lunch literally and figuratively as pantywaist Biden looks on in awe and senility'.
same, until figuring it out:

Adam West Batman + Winnie the Pooh

(that said, i intially just thought "oh right, Adam West's Batman cowl had yellow eyebrows" which was entirely incorrect)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I dont know posted:

It makes more sense if you start with the premise that Garrison wants to make fun of his middle name and went from there. Cutting edge political commentary.

I mean, yeah, but there's a long standing tradition of right wing cartoonists drawing people we're supposed to think are evil as heroes: Robin Hood, Santa Claus, the Avengers...

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

unironically good garrison, or maybe I'm just super pissed at the center for how blatantly they only cared about kids in cages because they could use it to their advantage and stopped caring as soon as the president went from R to D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Every leftist predicted that if Biden won then liberals would start saying "At least the facilities are more humane than under Trump" and "Well what else are we supposed to do with the kids" and they were absolutely spot on.