Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

105 live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Marah Idonis, the wrestling weatherwoman

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Trying to decide if Maki gets saddled with the “loves having fun” gimmick or becomes another HHH dark and brooding, leather wearing, generic metal entrance theme having casualty.

Maybe the latter first and then the former once it’s time for the main roster, with a really good name like Yoko Petit

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pylons posted:

Maki in NXT is a cursed thought.

This is someone who probably posts incessantly about Alexa Bliss.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gumball Gumption posted:

My math says about 4 or 5 years more experience and WWE thought Dana was main roster ready after 3 years in a ring.

edit: sorry, maths.

there's exactly two things wwe cares about when they call up a new blonde woman wrestler and I imagine that's all that poster is comparing

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what a lil baby

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1364707619496030208?s=20

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gotta always be attacking things that aren’t pro-WWE or against a competitor. You love to see it.

Always on their own island.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tony if you're reading this, i want you to know that if you hire those credible journalists they'll stop saying those hard hitting truths and hurting your brand image significantly. wait i mean dave. dave hire but tony pay

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

More projection than a Trump tweet.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I don’t think anyone thinks about Ryan Satin even 10% as much as he imagines they do

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I am still not 100% clear who is. He's like Bob Ryder in that he is a person who has opinions about wrestling online. A lesser RajahWWF

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Former WWE press sec.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i remember it being like a hilariously short time between wwf making rajah change his website name, and wwf having to change their own name

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
For the record, Bryan said he had no idea about Big Show and his "wink" was about something else that he'll explain in a couple days.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Satin was a higher-up at TMZ so that's a good thing to keep in mind when you see him pearl clutching about anything

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've seen people bitching about Dave keeping secrets for AEW instead of scoopsing them but like.. why would anyone in AEW tell him anything anymore if he does that?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pylons posted:

I've seen people bitching about Dave keeping secrets for AEW instead of scoopsing them but like.. why would anyone in AEW tell him anything anymore if he does that?

that's the point, they want to undermine aew and hurt their positive relationships

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

Like what would Dave or Bryan even get out of this conspiracy arrangement? They report good ratings for AEW when they beat NXT, they generally like the show, and in return they DON'T get to report exclusive scoops? Unless someone thinks they are literally getting secret briefcases of money every month for... nothing, really, what would it be in it for anyone?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Like what would Dave or Bryan even get out of this conspiracy arrangement? They report good ratings for AEW when they beat NXT, they generally like the show, and in return they DON'T get to report exclusive scoops? Unless someone thinks they are literally getting secret briefcases of money every month for... nothing, really, what would it be in it for anyone?

People are Reddit are permanently brain poisoned by Gamergate and absolutely believe that all journalists are being bribed all the time

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm pretty sure Kojima tried to warn us about this with MGS2.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

I see you have not seen a certain invoice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Trying to decide if Maki gets saddled with the “loves having fun” gimmick or becomes another HHH dark and brooding, leather wearing, generic metal entrance theme having casualty.

Maybe the latter first and then the former once it’s time for the main roster, with a really good name like Yoko Petit

Sadly Alexa already has the Harley Quinn knockoff gimmick.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is this a place for half bad/half valid wrestling opinions.

Also I'm reposting this because holy poo poo this is one of the worst takes I've ever seen in my life and I've read chunks of this thread

(This having been said I always have two minds about dunking on The Miz despite him being one of my least favorite wrestlers. On one hand; he's lived his dream in every imaginable way and it's hard to imagine anybody benefitting more from being in WWE than him these days. On the other, how can he be creatively satisfied with such a mediocre, repetitive body of work if being a wrestler was his dream?)

And if you work in WWE 'never complained' is NOT A VIRTUE HOLY poo poo!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

A leg end in Miz own time

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Pylons posted:

Maki in NXT is a cursed thought.

at one point I genuinely had a recurring nightmare where maki signed to WWE and was stripped of everything that makes her cool and likeable.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

at one point I genuinely had a recurring nightmare where maki signed to WWE and was stripped of everything that makes her cool and likeable.

If Chris Brookes somehow got monkey's pawed into it as well i'm sure they'd find some way to get over

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Scarlett Bourdeaux.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

SG Bamboo posted:

If Chris Brookes somehow got monkey's pawed into it as well i'm sure they'd find some way to get over

They'd be sent to the same memory hole Malcolm Bivens lives in

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

According to Alvarez, the winky-noddy stuff about a big announcement had nothing to do with Big Show and he said he'd let everyone know what he was referring to when it happens. So Satin is a doofus twice for the same argument.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Satin deleted the tweet. What did it say?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Baker posted:

Satin deleted the tweet. What did it say?

Complaining that Alvarez was letting downs the fans by not breaking the Big Show news (which Bryan didn't even know) in advance

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

tfw you want Miz to marry you

https://twitter.com/WrestlingJebus/status/1364575878580228103?s=20

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I don't think either of those things are necessarily exclusive

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The Miz, a liar posted:

I'll always catch you when you fall

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Pretty sure John Morrison can do a spinning drop toe hold and has a smoking hot wife. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So Miz will go down as a legend in the WWE and amazing wrestling mans because “he married a smoking hot woman.”

I got it. I’m tracking with this. Thank you fans.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

John Morrison's wife can do a spinning drop toe hold.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

say what you want about the bella twins, they are still conventionally attractive women, and I'm pretty sure daniel bryan can do the thing

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Procrastinator posted:

say what you want about the bella twins, they are still conventionally attractive women, and I'm pretty sure daniel bryan can do the thing

THE DROP TOE HOLD?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

John Morrison's wife can do a spinning drop toe hold.

She hasn't even started wrestling school yet!