Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Took my 26% from DMYI premarket. Target looks exciting but highly speculative tech (no idea about deeper DD (valuations etc.) than that). Might be one to keep an eye on if it dips down a chunk, but I'm happy taking an 'in talks' bump of that size.

Nobody likes SOAC's target, though, and it took a dump. Figuring to just hold on to it anyway, and hopefully it manages to hit high 11s at some point like FUSE did (another disappointing one)

Nosre fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skybolt_1
Oct 21, 2010
Fun Shoe

Handen posted:

Are you loving serious? That's horrendous.

Because of that, I went back and found this handy list of broker fees for splitting units if you wanna drop this in the OP, FistEnergy.

Also apparently someone on Reddit who uses Vanguard is claiming unit splits have gone from a couple days to a couple weeks worth of tying up your money, so if you incorporate that as a part of your strategy consider yourself notified, although for $300 I can't see why you would.

Edit: Any leads on tomorrow's two PIPEs? RMGB seems to have reacted positively in AH but SOAC hasn't.

Indeed this is correct, I verified it on Monday. It was such bad news that I dumped both of my unit holdings as soon as they were green.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I know things are tough out there post-CCIV and in a choppy market. Here's my current Must Own list of SPACs with no DA, under $11, and at least 3 months old so they could reasonably have news soon:

AVAN
BTAQ
CRHC
ETAC
GNRS
HZON
NSH
PRPB
THCA
TINV
TWCT
XPOA

Buy low, be patient, and you'll make money without giving yourself a complex.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Handen posted:

Is there a way to have commons assigned to you at below NAV using options? I saw someone on reddit mention that was their strategy, which received a single comment reply to the tune of "shh, don't ruin it for the rest of us."

Edit:

Chamath PIPEs: RMGB and RAAC. RMGB tanked, RAAC skyrocketed.

Selling puts with a strike below 10 bucks would do it. The underlying would need to go below the strike price before someone would want to make you buy them though.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 24, 2021

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

I know things are tough out there post-CCIV and in a choppy market. Here's my current Must Own list of SPACs with no DA, under $11, and at least 3 months old so they could reasonably have news soon:

AVAN
BTAQ
CRHC
ETAC
GNRS
HZON
NSH
PRPB
THCA
TINV
TWCT
XPOA

Thanks, hopped into AVAN, already been in BTAQ for a bit.

It seems extremely cheap under $11. Hoping to get a short term pop, even if it's only like 10% I'll probably take profits. Been in the mood to nickle and dime lately.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
New list is out. Added a few more NAVs as well as some IPOs. Make sure you check your broker cost if you plan on buying and splitting Units.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

If you wanna do units, it seems like Fidelity or nothing.

lol @ Vanguard's $300 to split for you

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
I got in on SRNG at 10.96. They had a good track record with some big mergers that have held their value (Skillz and DraftKings).

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

FistEnergy posted:

AVAN
BTAQ
CRHC
ETAC
GNRS
HZON
NSH
PRPB
THCA
TINV
TWCT
XPOA

I have $200 each in ETAC, GNRS, HZON, TWTC, and also FPAC.

edit: and $500 each in AVAN and BTAQ now

Thorn Wishes Talon fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 24, 2021

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

laxbro posted:

I got in on SRNG at 10.96. They had a good track record with some big mergers that have held their value (Skillz and DraftKings).

Same I loaded up on this one this morning.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
What is up with AACQ? I was up almost 30% a few days ago but most of those gains are gone now. Did I miss a key news item to know I should sell? I was going to sell at 30% gains but I'm guessing that was being too greedy.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

GEMorris posted:

What is up with AACQ? I was up almost 30% a few days ago but most of those gains are gone now. Did I miss a key news item to know I should sell? I was going to sell at 30% gains but I'm guessing that was being too greedy.

The DA was announced, so there was the initial pop and now it's slowly dropping
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/origin-materials-market-leader-disruptive-113000490.html

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
So is there another good exit point or should I just sell now? Im not sure I can pay close enough attention to spac news to effectively invest in these things.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
^^^ in the last 2 months while I've been paying attention it seems that the rumor pop is really the biggest one. with a DA done there's really not much left to look for. I would sell it.

FistEnergy posted:

AVAN
BTAQ
CRHC
ETAC
GNRS
HZON
NSH
PRPB
THCA
TINV
TWCT
XPOA

I'm in 9/12 of these, and if they haven't popped by pay day friday, I'm in the rest, for sure.

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 24, 2021

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FistEnergy posted:

AVAN
BTAQ
CRHC
ETAC
GNRS
HZON
NSH
PRPB
THCA
TINV
TWCT
XPOA

Be real nice if SCVX could pop so I could get in the handful of these I’m not already in.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Thanks for the pointer to this thread from regular stonks thread!

Catching on DMYI chat now -- markets already closed for the day, but sounds like this was a rumor, not actually "official"? Still have 50 shares left.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Got a giant 2.5 pound pile of paper with MTAC's prospectus in the mail today. It's single sided lol.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Shear Modulus posted:

Got a giant 2.5 pound pile of paper with MTAC's prospectus in the mail today. It's single sided lol.

I hate getting those and as far as I can tell there is no way to stop them.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I have everything e delivery with Fidelity and haven't gotten stacks of paper for SPACs...yet. I also haven't gotten any emails about "new docs" or whatever so who knows? Maybe my mailbox will get paper hosed soon.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I have everything e delivery with Fidelity and haven't gotten stacks of paper for SPACs...yet. I also haven't gotten any emails about "new docs" or whatever so who knows? Maybe my mailbox will get paper hosed soon.

I have everything as online but I've gotten 3 prospectus in the mail for random SPAC purchases. Disclaimer on the website says they are required to send paper mail in some cases so it might be specific to some. I've been in and out of dozens of SPAC units and only gotten 3, all recently, and all on things I purchased right before I got the mail.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I had a giant brick of paper show up the other week for the first spac I purchased. Poor trees.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

tangy yet delightful posted:

Same but with Ally. I'm in all the thread favorites.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
cciv has weeklies now what the christ :suicide:

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

FistEnergy/Grandma and the other veterans: do you have any tolerance for breaking the ~11.50 rule for the best leadership? (pretending you weren't in them already)

Specifically IPOF/IPOD in this case. I got out of them earlier this week in the spike and was happy to do so (my cost was too high), but am FOMOing now that they're back in the 14s. Considering he can move things 15-20% with just a tweet, the target would REALLY have to suck for there to not be some spike.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Sure, I'll go a bit higher for something with great management that I feel won't dip enough to my normal buy level. GSAH is a recent example. But IPOD/IPOF at 50% over NAV? Absolutely not.

12.50 for stuff like that or I walk. I'm not into the whole 'losing money' thing, it's not for me.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

what happens to units if you don't touch them at all through merger and everything?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

FistEnergy posted:

Sure, I'll go a bit higher for something with great management that I feel won't dip enough to my normal buy level. GSAH is a recent example. But IPOD/IPOF at 50% over NAV? Absolutely not.

12.50 for stuff like that or I walk. I'm not into the whole 'losing money' thing, it's not for me.

Cool, thanks. Also, did we maybe blow up miners together in Eve like 13 years ago? Name has been ringing a bell.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Nosre posted:

FistEnergy/Grandma and the other veterans: do you have any tolerance for breaking the ~11.50 rule for the best leadership? (pretending you weren't in them already)

Specifically IPOF/IPOD in this case. I got out of them earlier this week in the spike and was happy to do so (my cost was too high), but am FOMOing now that they're back in the 14s. Considering he can move things 15-20% with just a tweet, the target would REALLY have to suck for there to not be some spike.

I do but man I got burned hard recently.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Oof, looking red again today.

Mr. Pizza posted:

what happens to units if you don't touch them at all through merger and everything?

They're automatically split, but the when I believe depends on the SPAC. PSTH for instance automatically separated the units months ago, likely because of their unique warrant structure. But for most, they automatically split on merger. You should be able to find details on Rule 424 filings on the SEC website or else on the latest S1.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Would you like to peruse my wares?
Thanks FistEnergy, I picked up NSH, GNRS, ETAC, and BTAQ. Even cheaper today!

Edit: Oh and AVAN!

Joiny fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 25, 2021

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009
Man, I have lost 25% on DCRB and I thought that it was an absolutely fine pick. It makes me want to hold it until I at least break even, but maybe there's something I'm not seeing? Is this a piece of trash?

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

MussoliniB posted:

Man, I have lost 25% on DCRB and I thought that it was an absolutely fine pick. It makes me want to hold it until I at least break even, but maybe there's something I'm not seeing? Is this a piece of trash?

When did you buy in?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

MussoliniB posted:

Without knowing anything other than what I can see in the chart, it looks like fairly normal post-DA drift, perhaps exacerbated by a broader market sell-off this week.

The mistake may have been getting in at ~$16. You want to be in either pre-DA pop or around now in the long backslide before merger. Again, not knowing too much about Hyzon, it should pick up again closer to merger if the pattern holds.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I got a $14,000.00 lesson in not buying premium spacs.

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
drat SRNG is below its IPO price. Wish I had some more dry powder in my gambling account for days like this! Or maybe the 12 year bull run is over and I would throwing good money after bad. Who knows!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Yowza.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Nosre posted:

Cool, thanks. Also, did we maybe blow up miners together in Eve like 13 years ago? Name has been ringing a bell.

Never played EVE but we definitely played together for a while. Diablo 2? WoW? CoC? Brawl Stars?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
I think anyone familiar with Clash Royale is going to know Fist and the infamous Fistdeck. I ran that thing for way longer than I should have. Lavahound is still my most played card because of it.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

FistEnergy posted:

Never played EVE but we definitely played together for a while. Diablo 2? WoW? CoC? Brawl Stars?

Ah yea CoC or Royale, that's it. I knew it was something heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009

Divot posted:

When did you buy in?

I'm so glad I posted! What I did was buy at peak after DA was announced and somehow missed it. I exited out, it was a sinking ship that I should have bailed on ages ago (or maybe not even bought). Learning is hard! Thank you so much.