Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I AM ENRAGED!!

(not sure what about yet, I'll figure it out later)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
The whole point is moot. Those who want to defend it will do so, those who don't won't.

We're big enough that not everyone has to show up for it.

Guys, you know you're all loving up when im the voice of reason.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

WorkerThread posted:

they're letting the war HQ stay low power and get ref'ed. it's clear they did this just to mess with the null blocs, and heck, it worked. it proved there are pretty big rifts between how leadership sees things and what the line members are willing to do.
:goonsay:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

There's a third option wrt TTT: Perpetuum Online is still going.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The TTT is probably a good chunk of how we didn’t run out of money yet so getting all weird about defending it from trolls who only wardec’d it to prove where the real blue donut is (I.e. ignoring the current war) is the definition of myopic

Like ok cool you don’t wanna fleet with the shitheads trying to destroy us, I empathise and agree, but we wouldn’t be in delve still if not for it and M2 probably wouldn’t have happened.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I AM SO ANGRY!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET SRP FOR MY THRASHERS IF WE DONT HAVE VITAL ISK COMING IN FROM THE TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

All these e-honor space Bushido reasons for not teaming up with people with common interests to shoot some dummies is the kind of thing that gets made fun of constantly in this thread so it's wild seeing it here.

All the hot takes like "TTT doesn't benefit me personally in an obvious way so I hate it" flies in the face of every goon group in any game ever. I'm crying a single sticky cheetos tear SMDH.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The TTT is probably a good chunk of how we didn’t run out of money yet so getting all weird about defending it from trolls who only wardec’d it to prove where the real blue donut is (I.e. ignoring the current war) is the definition of myopic

Like ok cool you don’t wanna fleet with the shitheads trying to destroy us, I empathise and agree, but we wouldn’t be in delve still if not for it and M2 probably wouldn’t have happened.

imo one sure way to lose Delve is to browbeat your casual player, who came back after years of not playing just to defend your space, to do insanely unfun highsec publord poo poo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

imo one sure way to lose Delve is to browbeat your casual player, who came back after years of not playing just to defend your space, to do insanely unfun highsec publord poo poo

I’m one of those players and if it happens to go down during AUTZ I will probably try to be there

:colbert:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
TTT talk is like eating boiled ribs

succulent and delicious

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
and no, it's not a troll, it's called sous vide idiots, gorden ramsey does it all the time

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

and no, it's not a troll, it's called sous vide idiots, gorden ramsey does it all the time

I would say gently caress Gordeon Ramsey, but my gf made a turkey using one of his recipe 2 or 3 years ago and ngl, best loving turkey i ever ate, no contest.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I'm at work so I can't check the forum- do we base our TTT defense stuff out of the citadel? Or a nearby one?

I have a clone somewhere in highsec, I can jump over and then buy a ferox or something there.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Hey guys we're issuing 21T worth of war bonds because we're in a liquidity crunch

OK now go fleet up with the assholes who've been screaming about goon genocide and burning down our space for 8 months, the same ones we've been telling you are poor/broke, to save our shared income stream

don't get weird on me now, guys

----------

We climbed into bed with some dirty fucks who've been smearing their poo poo everywhere, and now people don't want to help change the sheets. Don't act surprised

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Did i miss the ping where we were told we have to do this?

If you dont want to defend it, dont. Nothing's changed within the imperium. You join the fleets you want to.

I feel like ppl are making a big deal out of nothing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I don’t care either way re: ttt and lol if you think vily of all people is some kind of existential threat to goons. I mean sure it’s fine and funny if you are using his statements to troll forums and or as an excuse to poo poo on test, but the only existential threat to goons are goons.

See: every other time goons have been kicked out of space.

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
Honestly if it's a time I can make it, I will, I intend to be nice to them in the fleet and on coms and hopefully a few more of their line members think we aren't as bad as Vily said.

That said I'm talking for myself, I don't expect anyone else to do it for my reasons.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Really struggling to see why we wouldn't defend TTT at this point and why people are against it, its one of our few remaining sources of income. If we don't we'd be kicked out so Panfam/TEST would just be taking in more money each, or give our share to FRAT and any of them could easily defend against SNUFF. Its not even required for you to go if you don't want to do. And if we wanted to contest the TTT keepstar after being kicked out oh man if you think going out to highsec to defend it is annoying it'd be 10x worse trying to repeatedly attack it (and probably failing)

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Dalael posted:

Did i miss the ping where we were told we have to do this?

If you dont want to defend it, dont. Nothing's changed within the imperium. You join the fleets you want to.

I feel like ppl are making a big deal out of nothing.

no

You missed the part where the dumbest loving posters in this thread tried to have multiple Mel Gibson moments. But they missed the Braveheart mark, and wound up in the arrest video instead ("hurr go gently caress yerselfs").

Otherwise you're right, if we don't want to defend it we won't. It doesn't make you not a goon patriot to skip one fleet out of hundreds for reasons of personal conviction or laziness.

Berating people for having an opinion on a volunteer op and choosing not to go, on the other hand, is definitely a symptom of over-exposure to pubbie bullshit and these parties should be monitored closely for other un-goonly activities.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

if you care about the TTT arrangement you're an idiot, it's just another thing to shoot/defend

getting involved in the poloticks is dumb

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

are people earnestly bitching about going on a fleet to shoot nerds? what the gently caress

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Baculus posted:

. It doesn't make you not a goon patriot to skip one fleet out of hundreds for reasons of personal conviction or laziness.

It does give you prime opportunity to shoot people that are unironically emotionally invested in ~killboard stats~ though.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
The great thing about logis and not showing up on anything like killmails is that nobody can tell whether i chose to rep them or not.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i wasn't bitching about anything i am just posting. not much is happening really

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

simple farmers are cool i like them

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I dont know if you guys remember my cerb story where i invested a bunch of money for what will be a non profitable venture?

They still havent sold :suicide:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

Really struggling to see why we wouldn't defend TTT at this point and why people are against it, its one of our few remaining sources of income. If we don't we'd be kicked out so Panfam/TEST would just be taking in more money each, or give our share to FRAT and any of them could easily defend against SNUFF. Its not even required for you to go if you don't want to do. And if we wanted to contest the TTT keepstar after being kicked out oh man if you think going out to highsec to defend it is annoying it'd be 10x worse trying to repeatedly attack it (and probably failing)

This. Goons have never done "ermagerhd red pen op, show up or get kicked" poo poo. Nobody's pinged for this (thus far), nobody's forcing anyone to show up -- and frankly, nobody has to, because Snuff's unlikely to RF it.

(:ullerrm: time)

Snuff has ~250 active characters on ZKB, and that's not taking multiboxers into account. When Snuff bashed down the TTC Keepstar, they had ~100 people on field in supers and caps; everything else was random people who showed up to whore on the killmail in stealth bombers or destroyers. The TTC Sotiyo had about 70 Snuff caps/supers on it.

So! Let's assume for the moment that Snuff did an absolute max hurf, bought clone soldier tags to get everyone's sec status up, and got a full fleet to shoot the Perimeter TTT in subcaps. If they built 200 Baltecs and sat on the KS in CNAM range completely uncontested, they'd _barely_ reach the DPS cap; if they're at any kind of range, or if they're taking cruisers or BCs, they'll barely be tickling it. All that's needed to turn an attack into a miserable hours-long TiDi slog with no guarantee of success, is a minimal subcap response fleet and someone to man the KS's launchers/tackle. Take your pick -- a disposable Ferox fleet, torp bombers, even just a bunch of VCBee alts in Griffins would make it loving miserable and potentially defeat the attack entirely.

The Perimeter KS structures are not invincible, but they will need a lot more than Snuff to take them down. As an org, we need to commit to defending it for metagame purposes (and because it generates some serious isk that helps pay for your SRP), but in all honesty, I would be impressed if Snuff even bothers to do a shield RF, much less armor RF. And if they do, hey, we can worry about hurfing then.

TLDR: Quit your bitchin until we actually have to do something, and even if that happens, we don't actually have to do much

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
Why complain about going to highsec to defend the TTT, when you could go to highsec to "defend" the TTT and instead just shoot TEST idiots that came to defend their only income generation?

it's a bad plan because they wouldn't come to highsec :v:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

We'll uphold our end of the bargain in letter and spirit, to the best of our ability.

Does it feel gross and icky to fly alongside TEST and PH in order to shoot SNUFF? Hell yeah it does.

So if you don't want to go help defend the TTT Keepstar, be on hand in Delve to shoot at the all-but-inevitable breakout attempt; Vily and piggles know they're not getting the rest of those supers out unless we're distracted or bored.

ullerrm posted:

This. Goons have never done "ermagerhd red pen op, show up or get kicked" poo poo. Nobody's pinged for this (thus far), nobody's forcing anyone to show up -- and frankly, nobody has to, because Snuff's unlikely to RF it.

(:ullerrm: time)

Snuff has ~250 active characters on ZKB, and that's not taking multiboxers into account. When Snuff bashed down the TTC Keepstar, they had ~100 people on field in supers and caps; everything else was random people who showed up to whore on the killmail in stealth bombers or destroyers. The TTC Sotiyo had about 70 Snuff caps/supers on it.

So! Let's assume for the moment that Snuff did an absolute max hurf, bought clone soldier tags to get everyone's sec status up, and got a full fleet to shoot the Perimeter TTT in subcaps. If they built 200 Baltecs and sat on the KS in CNAM range completely uncontested, they'd _barely_ reach the DPS cap; if they're at any kind of range, or if they're taking cruisers or BCs, they'll barely be tickling it. All that's needed to turn an attack into a miserable hours-long TiDi slog with no guarantee of success, is a minimal subcap response fleet and someone to man the KS's launchers/tackle. Take your pick -- a disposable Ferox fleet, torp bombers, even just a bunch of VCBee alts in Griffins would make it loving miserable and potentially defeat the attack entirely.

The Perimeter KS structures are not invincible, but they will need a lot more than Snuff to take them down. As an org, we need to commit to defending it for metagame purposes (and because it generates some serious isk that helps pay for your SRP), but in all honesty, I would be impressed if Snuff even bothers to do a shield RF, much less armor RF. And if they do, hey, we can worry about hurfing then.

TLDR: Quit your bitchin until we actually have to do something, and even if that happens, we don't actually have to do much

Yet again, flanders is correct.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
I for one find it very strange how passionate some folks are about this. Not even on a "gently caress TEST and everything they touch" level, but on a "I loving hate the TTT so much it should burn with all it's market traders inside " level.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Alone in the Dork posted:

I for one find it very strange how passionate some folks are about this. Not even on a "gently caress TEST and everything they touch" level, but on a "I loving hate the TTT so much it should burn with all it's market traders inside " level.
Jita marketeering is the real PvP in EvE.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Dik Hz posted:

Jita marketeering is the real PvP in EvE.

You're not wrong

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Someone sell me 30 crusader hulls in 1dw for 25m a pop please.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Td1x5LrAfg

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

ullerrm posted:

There is no bitchin' in Flanders' kitchen.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

In the light of all the time we trade a bunch of bubbles for a bunch of fighters, is there nothing we can do to prevent them from having the skynet carrier options to clear bubbles? My stupid bad at EVE brain tell me we could drop dreads on them since they can't just tether/dock instantly with the NSA running but I assume I am missing something really important intelligent players have though about.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

supersnowman posted:

In the light of all the time we trade a bunch of bubbles for a bunch of fighters, is there nothing we can do to prevent them from having the skynet carrier options to clear bubbles? My stupid bad at EVE brain tell me we could drop dreads on them since they can't just tether/dock instantly with the NSA running but I assume I am missing something really important intelligent players have though about.

Abandon LR fighters, load SR fighters, shred dreads + capital escalation

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
fighters can warp back instantly and supers have a crazy amount of tank

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Abandon LR fighters, load SR fighters, shred dreads + capital escalation

Capital escalation, you say...

Adbot