Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Karloff posted:

It's alright, I don't know why they decided that the word "home" would be the title theme for this series, but this at least implies the idea of change and consequences.

BECAUSE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY IS COMING HOME. Just like a true person would; aren't you just in love with things which aren't real humans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/1364662662727098369

This could go either way for me. You don't necessarily need blood and guts and cussing for a good vampire action movie, but without them my brain starts conjuring up images of Hugh Jackman Van Helsing and that bad Universal Dracula movie from 2014

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maybe they can get away with it since they are vampires and not humans.

But like - a goreless vampire movie is garbage.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Well all the vampires turned to ash in blade anyway. Most of the blood was the club scene, random neck bites, and then the blood god scene. Honestly they could still probably get away with most of that.

I am going to miss all the motherfuckers though.

A talking coyote fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 24, 2021

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

One of the most beloved vampire properties of all time was completely tv-14, they just had the vampires turn to dust instantly when beheaded. There's nothing inherently R rated about a vampire hunting superhero.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Some motherfathers are always trying to ice skate uphill

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
there is actually a whole thing re: The One Black Guy On The Justice League not having any junk because of science (and The Implications), but I do not think I am the right person to break it down

it's not the first time I've seen it brought up and I'm disinclined to laugh it off, is my point

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
what if they achieve PG-13 by shortening the amount of time gore is actually on screen, by making all vampires explode when killed

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
X-Men: First Class was PG-13 and got away with a "Go gently caress yourself", so...

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

CapnAndy posted:

Why were Cyborg’s genitals a topic of discussion at all though

So I half remember that someone (I think it was David Walker) was writing a Cyborg series at DC a couple of years ago.

They did an interview (I think with Bleeding Cool newz) where he was talking about the series and Cyborg as a character. He brought up the topic of Cyborg's genitals and how Cyboeg having no dick plays into historic issues about black characters in fiction. (I think it's to do with the idea of white people fearing black characters for their sexuality, and (literally) neutering them makes them safer.)

If I had to guess that could have been why Ray Fisher and Geoff John's were talking about Cyborg's 8-bit Mega-Whang.

I always got the impression from that interview that while Mr. Walker might have been addressing one set of problematic issues (depictions of black males in fictions) he also was going to use a whole bunch of problematic female issues. (Have the female Sheborg be a spy who uses her womanly wiles to spy on Cyborg. But is turned to the cause of good because she got a good, hard cyber dicking.)
Hearing that another poster read the series and seems to have confirmed my suspicions.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Phylodox posted:

X-Men: First Class was PG-13 and got away with a "Go gently caress yourself", so...

You're allowed one non-sexual "gently caress" in a PG-13 movie. More than that, or any use of the word "gently caress" in a sexual sense, requires a special exemption by 2/3rds vote from the MPAA panel. As ridiculous as it sounds, this is actually spelled out, word for word, in the MPAA guidelines (it's on page 7).

The Martian is the last film I know of to get a two gently caress exemption.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

John Wick of Dogs posted:

One of the most beloved vampire properties of all time was completely tv-14, they just had the vampires turn to dust instantly when beheaded. There's nothing inherently R rated about a vampire hunting superhero.

didn't that show have on-camera, but clothed, sex scenes?

man they oughta do content labels instead of age guidelines

Also, and there's no guarantee that Ali's Blade is going to have the same trenchcoat spree killer (but it's okay because they're evil vampires) aesthetic as Snipes Blade, but without that... what do you really have, stylistically? The Daywalker thing is a good narrative beat but it doesn't really define how the character looks and acts.

To me this is probably the most interesting question about an in-dev Marvel movie after the "What are they gonna do about mutants?" and "What's the plan for Black Panther 2?"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Phylodox posted:

You can have one gently caress. Disney will not use it, I'm guessing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Disney is probably doing the comic version of Blade anyway, no?

Also I live in Canada, you can ice skate uphill with relatively little difficulty.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 24, 2021

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
But now how will we know who's trying to ice-skate uphill :(

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You absolute loving cowards, Deadpool and Logan should have shown you that cape movies can have an R-rating and still make obscene amounts of money.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

We got some premiere dates for Disney+ MCU TV today

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier premieres on March 19th

Loki got pushed back and is premiering on June 11th

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You absolute loving cowards, Deadpool and Logan should have shown you that cape movies can have an R-rating and still make obscene amounts of money.

It's a brand thing: Disney has literally never released an R-rated movie in their 98 year history as a studio. When they want to profit off an R-rated movie concept, they pass it on to a subsidiary like Touchstone.

Obviously, they're not going to do that with an MCU movie.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
The ice skating line gets all the love but I feel the delivery in this clip is underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64y4ow5y_8

Omnomnomnivore fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 25, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

Also I live in Canada, you can ice skate uphill with relatively little difficulty.

Downhill, uphill, first down then uphill, whatever!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It's a brand thing: Disney has literally never released an R-rated movie in their 98 year history as a studio. When they want to profit off an R-rated movie concept, they pass it on to a subsidiary like Touchstone.

Obviously, they're not going to do that with an MCU movie.

Feige has already said the next Deadpool will be rated R.

You don't need Blade to be rated R, though. Let Ali do his own thing and don't try to ape Snipes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Disney has ownership of the studio that used to be called 20th Century Fox (which is now just 20th Century Studios). Why can't they just release Blade under that studio instead of 'Disney' proper if they are going to end up doing it with Deadpool 3?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aphrodite posted:

Let's be real: at this point the comic version of Blade is the movie version of Blade.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

OnimaruXLR posted:

This could go either way for me. You don't necessarily need blood and guts and cussing for a good vampire action movie

Yes you loving do.

I knew this'd happen.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Yes you loving do.

I knew this'd happen.

Yeah, I'd love to be optimistic here but I just can't manage it, Disney just isn't the company to be making Blade movies.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Yeah, I'd love to be optimistic here but I just can't manage it, Disney just isn't the company to be making Blade movies.

It really isn't as cut and dry as that tweet makes it seem. The Feige quote even says they would re-evaluate if they can't do what they want for a property with PG-13.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i am still undecided on watching konquest but i am watching the old animated mk movie The Journey Begins and this is, though i didn't know it at the time, probably my first instance of watching something with voice acting by jennifer hale and jim cummings

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

OnimaruXLR posted:

This could go either way for me. You don't necessarily need blood and guts and cussing for a good vampire action movie, but without them my brain starts conjuring up images of Hugh Jackman Van Helsing and that bad Universal Dracula movie from 2014

This is maybe overly extrapolating from his statement. He was specifically asked about new streaming series being possibly R rated.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Omnomnomnivore posted:

The ice skating line gets all the love but I feel the delivery in this clip is underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64y4ow5y_8

This was the first time I'd ever seen someone besides my Mom or Grandma Code Switch.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
how does the journey begins have a 20min making of feature on mk 95 but nothing on how it ended up with a fuckin banger of a theme song

e: i forgot that annihilation kills johnny in the beginning, but what i really really forgot is that they apparently ditched paul t anderson as director and recast every character besides kitana and liu kang. no wonder it sucks

e2: oh you know who should play the main bad guy, the guy who plays a mute alien who has all his facial features burned away and never can display emotion in x-files lol

site fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 25, 2021

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

site posted:

i am watching the old animated mk movie The Journey Begins

Oh God. Why would you do that?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
nostalgia. my parents were weird. i couldn't have doom but i could have duke3d, i couldn't have an mk game but i could have an animated movie based off the movie of mk

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Fun fact: the people who made that movie also made the classic animated film FoodFight!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

CapnAndy posted:

But now how will we know who's trying to ice-skate uphill :(

I'm not too bothered by the new Blade film being PG-13, but I do think it reflects an inflexibility on Disney's part. It's not damning, but I wouldn't be surprised if the creative voices behind the film wanting something more violent and Disney shut them down.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gavok posted:

Fun fact: the people who made that movie also made the classic animated film FoodFight!

seth rogan made mk: a?

JordanKai posted:

I'm not too bothered by the new Blade film being PG-13, but I do think it reflects an inflexibility on Disney's part. It's not damning, but I wouldn't be surprised if the creative voices behind the film wanting something more violent and Disney shut them down.

tbh since deadpool 3 is already in the pipeline and we know it's r-rated, if mahershala asked kevin to make blade r-rated i really can't imagine him saying no

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

site posted:

You're thinking of Sausage Party

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

site posted:

No, not Sausage Party. FoodFight! The infamous "Toy Story but with supermarket mascots" fiasco starring Charlie Sheen. It was the same people who made Journey Begins.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Didn’t Ashby turn down Annihilation after reading the script, fair enough, really. Feel bad for Robin Shou, dude broke his ribs and didn’t say anything so he could keep acting in the first film.

I think Ashby also got cussed out by one of the first movie’s writers because he rewrote and improvised a lot of the dialogue.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Again, because of America’s hosed up values you can get away with a lot as far as violence goes in a pg-13 movie. Even the first blade wasn’t exactly a gore fest. It had some moments sure but it’s really just going to come down to motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean, i guess if i was cage and read the script and saw i got killed in the first 10 minutes i would dip out too that was stupid as hell. who in their right mind sees him being charismatic as gently caress and decides, hey let's kill that guy off