Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The best chip flavour is ketchup actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

I can't get the onion or crawfish flavors here and it kills me. Even the pickle flavor is a crapshoot

I'm so sorry. :smith:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Pretzels are really good but they dont have a natural dip partner

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
What's the general opinion on Popcorners?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Mustard my dude

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gaius Marius posted:

Mustard my dude

Yeah but a good strong English colemans mustard or the weaker paler American yellow mayonnaise?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Gaius Marius posted:

Mustard my dude

Any kind of mustard is great. There’s a ghost pepper mustard that kicks rear end with a nice sturdy sourdough, but even your basic french’s goes great with pretzel sticks.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Yeah but a good strong English colemans mustard or the weaker paler American yellow mayonnaise?

English, Some stone ground, even some honey mustard works, I'd save the french's for hamburgers and hot dogs. You could convince my to try Dijon, but you'd have to be very persuasive

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Djion is weird, seeded mustard is great, Colemans is the best it singes the nasal passage just slightly but yes next time i have pretzels I'm gonna break out the yellow

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Inglehoffer does that ghost pepper one I was thinking of. So good. Not even all that hot for a ghost pepper thing.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Inglehoffer does that ghost pepper one I was thinking of. So good. Not even all that hot for a ghost pepper thing.

Yeah, I've got 2-3 inglehoffers in my fridge right now. I'm that dipping mustard meme guy but in real life.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The best chip flavour is ketchup actually

I like actual ketchup with potato chips but the ketchup flavored ones taste unpleasant to me.

I eat them w chopsticks while playing video games as not to get my keyboard all greased

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ketchup sucks; it's a condiment for kids. If I'm going to choose something to put on fries, for example, I'm going for mustard.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This is how America should be divided. Four different countries with much more logical interior regional boundaries.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Actually this is the best potato chip/crisp:

You can tell it is the best because they have demanded retailers sell the product for only two dollars, when they could charge ten times that.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They're so weird and thin. I think I remember they're actually an extruded crisp like pringles, just cut way thinner

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mayochup and add in a squirt of cholula

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Yeah! More like knowswhatsup, uh, guy.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Sour cream, ymmv.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Ketchup sucks; it's a condiment for kids. If I'm going to choose something to put on fries, for example, I'm going for mustard.

That's weird as gently caress. Ketchup and mayo goes on fries.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

What makes ketchup “a condiment for kids”? It’s great on some things, not on others. Just like any other condiment.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's like 85% sugar, I wouldn't dip fries in sugar why would I dip fries in sugar mashed with tomato paste

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

It's like 85% sugar, I wouldn't dip fries in sugar why would I dip fries in sugar mashed with tomato paste

Eat better ketchup.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't bought ketchup since 2014 I know cause I have a bottle of ketchup in my fridge dated 2014, I've used it like once for a sauce. It's a poo poo condiment, and you can always used crushed tomatoes or tomatoes paste anywhere in a recipe that calls for ketchup.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Fries dipped in barbecue sauce is a lot better than ketchup or mayo. Especially if it's a spicy barbecue sauce. You still get some sweetness but without whatever other garbage flavors make ketchup so repulsive.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's primarily vinegar, that taste isn't the same as just tomatoes. Also lol wtf ketchup are you buying? It's tomatoes and vinegar.

Are you also going to tell us how much mayonnaise repulses you?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What makes ketchup “a condiment for kids”? It’s great on some things, not on others. Just like any other condiment.

It seems basic, like the first thing you use on fries when you first develop a taste for sauces. I like tomato sauce but ketchup is runny, sugary glop.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's primarily vinegar, that taste isn't the same as just tomatoes. Also lol wtf ketchup are you buying? It's tomatoes and vinegar.

Mayonaisse is fine, but I only really like it on roast beef sandwiches. Otherwise I can take it or leave it.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

More like 30%. There's 4g of sugar in a tablespoon of ketchup and you can get reduced and no sugar ketchups.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I buy only the finest "That's Nice" brand dollar ketchup First ingredient Tomato Concentrate, second HFCS, third Vinegar.

Naw mayo is fine, I was actually making some the other day and beating the hell outta it cause I loaned my mom the hand beater, after reaching a level in exhaustion that I hadn't experienced in my right arm since the days of my misspent youth I cursed myself for not having the proper tools for the job. As I did so I looked right at my kitchen aid and realized I was an idiot.

The moral of this story is that Miracle Whip > Mayo

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Gaius Marius posted:

The moral of this story is that Miracle Whip > Mayo

I know this is the unpopular opinion thread but what the gently caress.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Gaius Marius posted:

They're so weird and thin. I think I remember they're actually an extruded crisp like pringles, just cut way thinner

Just the opposite. They're like puffy, like Rice Krispies, but potato and salty.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm not too good for ketchup. :colbert:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
People that are ‘too good for ketchup’ just don’t like vinegar is all I can think of. Like the other poster said, it’s mushed up tomatoes, spices, and vinegar. It’s a sauce that’s been used for hundreds of years lol.

Edit: like sure don’t buy the HFCS laden cheapest ketchup you can find at the dollar store, but even most cheaper brands have only a tiny amount of sugar.

Yngwie Mangosteen has a new favorite as of 06:50 on Feb 25, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It tastes nothing like vinegar. I own at least six vinegars in my pantry and not a one tastes even a single bit like ketchup

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Mush up a tomato and add some vinegar, onion powder, and salt. That’s literally all ketchup is.

Do you maybe dislike tomatoes??

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Baked lays > regular lays

Absolutely. Baked or kettle cooked all day.

oldpainless posted:

Yeah this is the only way to eat fries. I usually do sriracha though. In the 90's McDonalds had "fry sauce" that was just mayo and ketchup mixed together in the perfect ratio in those pumps. It was the best and it sucked when they got rid of it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

Mush up a tomato and add some vinegar, onion powder, and salt. That’s literally all ketchup is.

Do you maybe dislike tomatoes??

You know drat well that isn't what ketchup is. You can go to any grocery in any country and check the label and see that sugar is the second ingredient. Why must you torment me with these tomato based lies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I just checked like all the main brands I know of and none of them have sugar as the second ingredient. I’m sorry you’re posting from candyland, but most people get vinegar and tomatoes.