Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm sorry that you have not yet become accustomed to disappointment.
you must genuflect and admit defeat that the cia puppet you are stanning itt literally advocated for obama to spend trillions of dollars and thousands of american lives to invade syria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Torpor posted:

this bob evans stuff we have to discuss every single month, like he’s no different from every other reporter in the US inventory, I don’t understand the excitement he generates.

because he’s a goon and him and brown moses both namesearch and get mad about this stuff lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Robert evans should stick to reviewing movies and making GBS threads on star wars

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

zzzzone, give me your thoughts on Bosnia

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

THS posted:

because he’s a goon and him and brown moses both namesearch and get mad about this stuff lol

The idea of cia backed journalists reading the succ zone is extremely funny and I hope it happens

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Torpor posted:

this bob evans stuff we have to discuss every single month, like he’s no different from every other reporter in the US inventory, I don’t understand the excitement he generates.

he gets cited positively by leftists as a good guy you should listen to, as opposed to like Jake Tapper or whoever

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

the main reason I think Evans is just conveniently aligned through affiliation with Bellingcat and just has a dumb anti-authoritarian to the point of being pro-intervention take is that I can't fathom how an actual op could get away with stanning Öcalan

but maybe the CIA is more crafty than I give them credit for

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

zzzzone, give me your thoughts on Bosnia

they wish they had Tupac alive within their borders

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

You people massacred my forebears, occupied my country for half a century, and even today keeps us as a neocolonial outpost as it stokes a new Cold War with the Global South

Go gently caress yourself

There's a reason I said South Korea and not the Phillipines, Vietnam, Puerto Rico, Columbia, Guatamala, Guam, Mexico, the United Goddamn states, or any of the other four or five dozen countries where US Intervention was lovely and predatory. It's possible to engage in a foreign war and effect a positive outcome, it's just really rare because lol America.

Like, we irrevocably hosed ourselves up in our own internal war and reconstruction, the smart money is on rampant incompetence, atrocity and profiteering.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
liberal interventionism can suck my loving dick. there is never any situation where military intervention will improve things

genocides can't be stopped by bombing the people doing them, they can only be stopped from within

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shipon posted:

liberal interventionism can suck my loving dick. there is never any situation where military intervention will improve things

genocides can't be stopped by bombing the people doing them, they can only be stopped from within

the red army would like a word

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Shipon posted:

they have been stopped, multiple times

it's just that the number of genocides that continue unabated combined with the death toll from US intervention over our history absolutely dwarf the savings

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

they have been stopped, multiple times

it's just that the number of genocides that continue unabated combined with the death toll from US intervention over our history absolutely dwarf the savings

This is basically my take. It's possible for an individual action to have a positive result and to argue otherwise is to be intentionally ignorant of history. It's far more likely that whatever you do is just going to cause more problems and elevate another social group to commit a different atrocity in 10 years. you should also be inherently distrustful of any action supported by American politicians because they're just loving garbage people.

Still, if you have an attachment to a region or people it's easy to want to roll them dice.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Torpor posted:

cia cutout or not, the man knows his sausage

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin

Eifert Posting posted:

Still, if you have an attachment to a region or people it's easy to want to roll them dice.

I have an extreme attachment to a group of 10,000 people and they all look exactly like Ulysses S. Grant and they live in a suitcase

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

robert evans also produced multiple roman polanski films. cancel this man

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Eifert Posting posted:

There's a reason I said South Korea and not the Phillipines, Vietnam, Puerto Rico, Columbia, Guatamala, Guam, Mexico, the United Goddamn states, or any of the other four or five dozen countries where US Intervention was lovely and predatory. It's possible to engage in a foreign war and effect a positive outcome, it's just really rare because lol America.

Like, we irrevocably hosed ourselves up in our own internal war and reconstruction, the smart money is on rampant incompetence, atrocity and profiteering.

idk, showing up in the succ thread to say that there's a non-zero number of people in affected countries who desire US intervention is really bizarre

esp when you admit to framing your position around your experience in a single country

and admit to having to no knowledge of bolivia [and by extension US dealings in latin america]

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

took a scroll through the replies and

yup that was it

what is wrong with these psychopaths

95 percent of the time I read twitter responses from liberals my fingers just wanna twitch out WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
of course there are people in countries that want us intervention in their country. they're called the wealthy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

This absolutely happens. I just do not see his podcast content as imperialist or supporting intervention in any tactical manner. Even his podcast on Assad had a postscript that was ultimately critical of intervention. The point he made was that previous engagements in the Middle East were so poorly managed and clearly profit oriented that no one would trust or support American involvement even if it actually was altruistic. He never stated that it actually would have been altruistic. Quite the opposite, he's been super critical of Obama's foreign policy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waKumDkYrDY

edit: slightly funnier image

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 06:44 on Feb 25, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Didn't Clinton stop at least one genocide in Serbia by bombing the poo poo out of them?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Might have to do with this. Though this guy could've just been adding fuel to the fire.
https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1364695290582867986

In any case, writing an article that isn't glowing praise of Bdiejn is grounds for deserving Blue MAGA's wrath

lmao that they're going after an asian woman while whining that neera's being shat on bc she's an asian woman.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Didn't Clinton stop at least one genocide in Serbia by bombing the poo poo out of them?
according to ~Anarchist~ chomsky, no

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PostNouveau posted:

The US precipitated that genocide by funding the regime change operation that broke up Yugoslavia in the first place

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

The US precipitated that genocide by funding the regime change operation that broke up Yugoslavia in the first place

Figures

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin

gradenko_2000 posted:

So what you're saying here is that America is basically full lifecycle genocide neutral

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Tom Guycot posted:

Yeah, Dems, Dems are the greatest. As an NGO intern, I was always told that if I ain't gonna be part of the Dems, I gotta be the Dems myself.

"attend your local dem clubs!"

*goes to local dem club populated by 80 yr olds taking hours to get thru minutiae*

"if you don't like the candidate they're running then find someone better or run yourself"

*faces self-funded ghoul backed by party while blacklisted for not using its ghoul consultants*

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tricky D posted:

idk, showing up in the succ thread to say that there's a non-zero number of people in affected countries who desire US intervention is really bizarre

esp when you admit to framing your position around your experience in a single country

and admit to having to no knowledge of bolivia [and by extension US dealings in latin america]

A) there definitely are a nonzero number of people in every affected country who desire US intervention. Depending on the region those folks are probably really lovely. Hell, my first night in Russia some old Russian man cosplaying a Tsarist Noble walked up to us uninvited at a bar and gave us a diatribe in English about how the white Russians are the real heroes of Russian history. There's a large population of QAnon on supporters in Japan. People want dumb things for strange reasons.

B) I said I don't know about Bolivia specifically not about Latin America in general. I've taken college courses on Panama and the Caribbean and I know quite a bit about American involvement in Guatamala and Columbia. poo poo's hosed up. I have exactly zero reasons to believe that America isn't still loving around in South America.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

A) there definitely are a nonzero number of people in every affected country who desire US intervention. Depending on the region those folks are probably really lovely. Hell, my first night in Russia some old Russian man cosplaying a Tsarist Noble walked up to us uninvited at a bar and gave us a diatribe in English about how the white Russians are the real heroes of Russian history. There's a large population of QAnon on supporters in Japan. People want dumb things for strange reasons.

B) I said I don't know about Bolivia specifically not about Latin America in general. I've taken college courses on Panama and the Caribbean and I know quite a bit about American involvement in Guatamala and Columbia. poo poo's hosed up. I have exactly zero reasons to believe that America isn't still loving around in South America.
hey did you know that robert evans supported the obama libyan invasion and also advocated for the us military invading syria, contrary to your framing???

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Eifert Posting posted:

A) you have no real position on anything, cool i guess

B) lol, you've taken college courses on latin america in general, the same way Tony Soprano took Psych 101

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"There are people in a country who want US intervention" doesn't fly as an excuse because not only is it not a democratically representative of the population, the US is naturally going to amplify those voices out of proportion to their size to justify the thing that they wanted to do anyway.

When they aren't actively bribing people to say what they want to begin with.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

robert evans tweeted out he wants biden to bomb syria lmao

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Eifert Posting posted:

The country I spent the most time in outside of America is South Korea and they would probably have a different take than you.

honestly you're in the wrong forum. but if you're curious about this in particular please read the chapter on Korea in Killing Hope

https://books.google.com/books?id=-IbQvd13uToC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false (p. 45)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

you can read all of killing hope for free from the captured contents of osama bin laden's hard drive on the cia website

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tricky D posted:

B) lol, you've taken college courses on latin america in general, the same way Tony Soprano took Psych 101

I took a course on Panama from roughly 1750 to 1950, a course on precolonial Taino, a broad historiography course where I focused on the Haitian Revolution and a couple courses on Colonial Brazil which I consider outside the scope of our conversation. My other courses were largely Eastern European and Russian. My history advisor was a super influential Brazilian historian so I took a bunch of courses in the region.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Eifert Posting posted:

Oh yeah I'm sure South Korea is the one intervention we didnt do horrific war crimes in and the people we were helping genuinely loved us for it.

You loving moron.

You couldnt even loving google the name of the ghoul you're defending to see the obvious ghoul behavior why do you think you're making the right call about anything let alone which genocide we did was good?

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin
Did your studies cover the Gar Gol?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Eifert Posting posted:

I took a course on Panama from roughly 1750 to 1950, a course on precolonial Taino, a broad historiography course where I focused on the Haitian Revolution and a couple courses on Colonial Brazil which I consider outside the scope of our conversation. My other courses were largely Eastern European and Russian. My history advisor was a super influential Brazilian historian so I took a bunch of courses in the region.

oye paisonos, el norteno ha llegar para ayudar. el fue a la clase

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

comedyblissoption posted:

you can read all of killing hope for free from the captured contents of osama bin laden's hard drive on the cia website

drat did they publish the hentai too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

do you think that the 2019 military coup ousting morales as president was a coup?

if you dont have an opinion on this, do you think this could be because you listen to noted imperialist bobbie evans who thinks that obama invading libya was good and that obama should have invaded syria?