Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Borrovan posted:

*nods sagely whilst writing the words "STEAL poo poo" in a notepad, double underlined*

You don't even have to steal them they literally have to pay to get rid of them, if you ask someone who works there they'll probably give you them if you find someone who isn't a proceudrist git.

Plus you can erroneously advertise discount beer while you use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Guavanaut posted:

Getting strong vibes of all the "we're collecting crisp packets/bottle tops/ring pulls to buy a wheelchair/medical device" chain emails.

The first time I heard one of those was in primary school and the teachers went all in on it and then had to break it to us that it was made up and they didn't know why, and every time since it has always also been made up.

I always tried to challenge them in the most positive way, like "I'm fairly sure this isn't right but I'd be happy to donate a few quid to [fund that actually does that]" but that seems to get a worse reaction than "lol this is a scam and a huge waste of everyone's time".

"Look kids, I know it was a scam the last two times, but I've got a good feeling about this one"

Sanford posted:

Love to make myself feel good by getting the homeless to sleep under literal refuse in my completely normal country

It's like those homeless pods from a few weeks ago - they try and tackle everything as if it's a problem of technology, rather than entirely political.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 25, 2021

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1364848306866843652

our "woke" cities

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ugh but at the same time a victory is a victory

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Love it when a politician learns a word and then keeps using it all the time despite it being stupid.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/_jackhy/status/1364695868423692290?s=19

Idk , view video if you want to experience instant brain death like me. Noone could view all 44 seconds of this trainee gammon shouting and twirling without becoming a Maoist

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What in gods name is that accent?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

What in gods name is that accent?

It's pretty much the accent we do over here to make fun of British people like that. No idea if it belongs to any real group of people

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Sounds Aussie to me.

Getting real Damo vibes off it, actually.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I can hear a hint of West Bromwich in there so some sort of Midlands? (Nan was from there.)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have never in my life heard anyone say london like that.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Speed up and swerve.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

they'll probably give you them if you find someone who isn't a proceudrist git.
Assistant Floor Manager Ken Strainer has reported you to every shop security guard for this.

Pesky Splinter posted:

"Look kids, I know it was a scam the last two times, but I've got a good feeling about this one"
I think maybe seeing it as a kid was an educational experience, because time #20 as a grown adult working with other grown adults who are definitely this time collecting plastic milk bottle lids to get an electric wheelchair for a child with Verysad Syndrome just says that these people must have missed some kind of childhood inoculation against bullshit.

Did you know not wanting the brook on fire and stinking of ammonia isn't just the preserve of urban metropolitan liberal arts educated genderfluid millennial postmodern neomarxists? We were surprised too!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol this is real

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/21/keir-starmer-has-caught-the-public-mood-now-he-can-shape-the-political-argument

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

calling everything north of watford as “the red wall” from now on

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

endlessmonotony posted:

Also I don't mind Nat's comments about enby folks because it's clear she's a shitposter who got a way bigger audience than she expected and responded the way shitposters do.

Of course, I didn't expect her to be correct, just entertaining.

She's a garbage fire with poorly thought out opinions, and yet the ability to learn. And that would be the exact reason I keep watching.

First of all citation loving needed. Secondly her comments do and have done actual harm to people and so has her embrace of some of the worst figure and viewpoints in the trans community

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Pesky Splinter posted:

It's like those homeless pods from a few weeks ago - they try and tackle everything as if it's a problem of technology, rather than entirely political.

People who think the homeless don’t have blankets because there aren’t enough blankets to go around are the same people who think the poor don’t have any money because there isn’t enough money to go around. Anyway collect enough crisp bags and you don’t have to feel bad when you see a homeless person because you’ve done your part.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

Love it when a politician learns a word and then keeps using it all the time despite it being stupid.

Wish she'd go back to sleep

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/electionmapsuk/status/1364914297223188483?s=21

Big big lmao

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/_jackhy/status/1364695868423692290?s=19

Idk , view video if you want to experience instant brain death like me. Noone could view all 44 seconds of this trainee gammon shouting and twirling without becoming a Maoist

starting a one issue party and all I promise to do is send all landlords to that island that had to be evacuated because it was too windy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ItohRespectArmy posted:

starting a one issue party and all I promise to do is send all landlords to that island that had to be evacuated because it was too windy.

Send them to Rockall.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
^^^ bollocks, that's what I get for googling to confirm that St Helena was the one where they built an airport without actually looking at what the wind was up to

ItohRespectArmy posted:

St Helena is a beautiful island and a World Heritage Site that doesn't deserve that. Rockall, however...

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

goddamnedtwisto posted:

^^^ bollocks, that's what I get for googling to confirm that St Helena was the one where they built an airport without actually looking at what the wind was up to

St Helena is a beautiful island and a World Heritage Site that doesn't deserve that. Rockall, however...
I should be clear the windy island of hell is actually St Kilda

forkboy84 posted:

Send them to Rockall.

this would be good too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ItohRespectArmy posted:

should join my one issue party of sticking all journalists in a giant blender and include landlords as its technically still one issue

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Jose posted:

should join my one issue party of sticking all journalists in a giant blender and include landlords as its technically still one issue

the problem with the blender method is that it's far too humane and it's so final, if they are all trapped on an uninhabitable island you can film it and serialise it into a new reality show for the BBC using the profits to buy more islands that nobody wants and send more landlords to them.

so I will also accept sending journalists terrible very bad no good islands.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

But think of the boon to UK manufacturing that making the giant blender would be. Also you could start up a competitor will it blend channel on youtube to make back the costs.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
M. Night Schaffner plot twist as the lovely island they sent all the landlords and terrible journalists to was :britain: all along.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
how could you possibly forget "Rock on Rockall"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDq0ngIO10Y

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

on the one hand :getin: on the other lol

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/1364921361903349764?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It's COVID home it's COVID home

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

M. Night Schaffner plot twist as the lovely island they sent all the landlords and terrible journalists to was :britain: all along.

I prefer M. Night Showaddywaddy

The euros should be cancelled again. Players are going to just start falling over at this point, the schedule is absurd.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

As things stand, stadium capacity will be limited to 10,000 or 1/4 capacity for most (but not all) of the group stages.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

I prefer M. Night Showaddywaddy

The euros should be cancelled again. Players are going to just start falling over at this point, the schedule is absurd.

Look it doesn't matter that we're already coming off of two of the most physically punishing seasons in history, there are television and marketing deals to be filled.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

The problem with putting all journalists and also landlords in a giant blender, is that eventually you run out of journalists and also landlords.

Wait, no. Carry on

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Look it doesn't matter that we're already coming off of two of the most physically punishing seasons in history, there are television and marketing deals to be filled.

just support a poo poo team that doesn't get players called up

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

up the toon, etc

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

One of our only decent players is being called up by his team thank you very much

Due to quarantine restrictions he won't play for us for 3 weeks and we will be relegated by then

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jose posted:

just support a poo poo team that doesn't get players called up

if things dont improve I'll eventually be forced to feel sorry for harry kane

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Josef bugman posted:

Does anyone know a good place to find out more info on your local council and/or the people who run it?

Left Labour/Momentum people in each constituency will know the politics of the local candidates, but for the whole council you really want to know a friendly councillor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kecske posted:

up the council, etc