Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

I had a dream yesterday where I was visiting some very important people at a very important building (played in my dream by the student union building of my college) and as I was walking through the building, I realized there were additional optional targets, including "the twins". I'm suddenly 47, and the people I was to meet were my real targets. I decided to take out the twins first, but judge it as too difficult as I had already killed the twins on a previous level. so i go in guns blazing, and promptly die.

Show me the twins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Had a dream there was a Donkey Kong show in the works called KONG and you could win a role on it from a special pack of capri sun. I havent had capri sun in years so I said what the hell, bought it, and ended up winning. Fast forward to LA, they give me the details: Donkey Kong will be voiced by Steven Wright and it will be a dark and serious noir show where he has to solve crimes in the real world. I assumed I would get to voice a side character, but they said they were short staffed and the job I won was in storyboarding. I dont know how to draw very well so I just scribbled things down as they were described to me. We send the storyboards to the animators and wait. Weeks later we were at the release party and everyone was nervously awaiting the premiere on the big screen. It turns out my drawings were so bad the animators thought it was a show about Peppa Pig. They never asked for clarification so they went ahead and animated the entire show like that. As soon as I realized this I snuck out the side door and got into a cab.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I assumed I would get to voice a side character, but they said they were short staffed and the job I won was in storyboarding.
Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Had a dream there was a Donkey Kong show in the works called KONG and you could win a role on it from a special pack of capri sun. I havent had capri sun in years so I said what the hell, bought it, and ended up winning. Fast forward to LA, they give me the details: Donkey Kong will be voiced by Steven Wright and it will be a dark and serious noir show where he has to solve crimes in the real world. I assumed I would get to voice a side character, but they said they were short staffed and the job I won was in storyboarding. I dont know how to draw very well so I just scribbled things down as they were described to me. We send the storyboards to the animators and wait. Weeks later we were at the release party and everyone was nervously awaiting the premiere on the big screen. It turns out my drawings were so bad the animators thought it was a show about Peppa Pig. They never asked for clarification so they went ahead and animated the entire show like that. As soon as I realized this I snuck out the side door and got into a cab.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Donkey Kong will be voiced by Steven Wright

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyAnRxnBRLI&t=159s

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao this has layers

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You'd think Rare would be excited to have a character that appeals to younger children.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

had a dream that I had tons of FB notifications and I logged in just to see a bunch of people saying "have you seen this?"

when I clicked through it was a trailer for a new game called Yakuza Gaijin: Boston. the protagonist looked EXACTLY like me and had my first name, but clearly spoke Japanese in kiryu's voice. the trailer had this kickass music that's still stuck in my head and it flashed between different scenes.

the real estate game rival was legendary boston slumlord, Anwar (he is a real person) and a lot of the flashes of substory had some of my favorite Boston public transit people you see all the time, like Orange Line Strongbad, Mr Jinglecoins, and the Homeless Riddler (all are pretty self-explanatory) there was clearly a mission where you got to smash keytar bear in the face with his own instrument (he wears a bear suit and plays the keytar in train stations). there was a boss in the museum of science lightning cage that looked awesome.

some of the mini games I could see included a Simpsons Arcade Game cabinet, a full Magic card game where you could draft in my favorite Cambridge game store, candlepin bowling, ice skating dance battles, and skeeball.

at the end of the trailer were the words every gamer dreams of seeing: AVAILABLE NOW. the protagonist who looked just like me smiled and winked at the screen.

I went to download the game, of course, extremely hype to play a Yakuza game starring me but when I stood up, my head started hurting all of a sudden. I heard a deep, anime villain laugh and the trailer music started back up, and my head got worse. I looked in my tv and saw my reflection, and I had a really tiny baby head. it was still shrinking and the laugh got louder. I went to scream and woke up hearing my youngest crying, then got up to get a bottle instead of playing an epic new Yakuza game.

oh my goxd

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

suddenly getting up and bolting during the premiere upon discovering, with embarrassed horror, that you're a Rare employee

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

suddenly getting up and bolting during the premiere upon discovering, with embarrassed horror, that you're a Rare employee

you've posted some real hosed up poo poo in this thread. now you went too far.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

herculon posted:

I had a dream last night that began with me looking out my window and seeing my neighbor mowing my yard. He's inside my backyard fence, so I go out to see why he's doing it. When I go outside, I see the side of his house has been removed and there appears to be a film studio setup inside his house. This stuns me for a bit, and in my confusion I hear him tell me that a film studio overtook his house to film the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie. The film studio is making him mow my yard, and I see other people planting the flowers from Green Hill Zone all over my yard. He goes on to tell me that they'll be filming promotional material in my backyard and it would be best if I just let them do it. I'm unable to process all this, so I head back inside my house. My house has suddenly been completely renovated in an old Victorian style and there are people wearing Victorian period clothing carrying classical instruments. I look at my wife and she tells me the studio has completely renovated our home and will be recording the soundtrack here. At this point, I sit down and hold my head. I hear the orchestra begin to tune up and I yell, "just shut up and give me a minute, ok!" I then wake up.

Aranofskys mother! but instead of poetry Javier Bardem is writing the script for sonic the hedgehog 2

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

had a dream last night where my car broke down on the way back from the beach and i had to knock on the door of the nearest house for help. it turned out the house was owned by someone who in my dream was Lunchmeat Larry, and he let me inside. while for some reason all i wanted to do was work on my college thesis (which has been done and dusted for a couple years at this point) and explore his house full of multiple flatscreen T.V.s, he insisted i try out the European version of Super Mario World, where the only differences were the levels played from right to left and if you hit some blocks and switches in a certain order, Luigi walked onto the screen and Mario mocked him for being late. i told Larry it sucked and left on foot, and he got mad and hired Kuze from Y0 to track me down at a nearby restaurant. however, before Kuze could do anything once he got there, he got hit by a police car and handcuffed multiple times to a railing nearby. as i was talking with the cops, though, like some sort of comedy bit, every time i looked over at him he had gotten free from another set of handcuffs, until finally i looked over to see several danging pairs of handcuffs and no Kuze, at which point i woke up.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

symbolic posted:

had a dream last night where my car broke down on the way back from the beach and i had to knock on the door of the nearest house for help. it turned out the house was owned by someone who in my dream was Lunchmeat Larry, and he let me inside. while for some reason all i wanted to do was work on my college thesis (which has been done and dusted for a couple years at this point) and explore his house full of multiple flatscreen T.V.s, he insisted i try out the European version of Super Mario World, where the only differences were the levels played from right to left and if you hit some blocks and switches in a certain order, Luigi walked onto the screen and Mario mocked him for being late. i told Larry it sucked and left on foot, and he got mad and hired Kuze from Y0 to track me down at a nearby restaurant. however, before Kuze could do anything once he got there, he got hit by a police car and handcuffed multiple times to a railing nearby. as i was talking with the cops, though, like some sort of comedy bit, every time i looked over at him he had gotten free from another set of handcuffs, until finally i looked over to see several danging pairs of handcuffs and no Kuze, at which point i woke up.

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

symbolic posted:

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

in europe, they call it the Royale Bridge.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

symbolic posted:

you are hosed tonight

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

you are hosed tonight
And, if Y0 is any indication, the next 12 nights as well.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

you are hosed tonight

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I would strongly suggest not walking around in any sewers.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Most people react like that their first time seeing PAL 50hz

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

symbolic posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Most people react like that their first time seeing PAL 50hz

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

you are hosed tonight

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I would strongly suggest not walking around in any sewers.

i will try to avoid any and all sewers, while also considering never sleeping again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had a dream that I was a crime scene photographer and I was taking photos at a really grisly murder scene in an apartment, there was blood all over the place. I noticed there was a shelf full of video games and I saw that there was a bunch of really rare games including a CIB copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga and a Genesis version of Super Metroid. The games all had blood on them but I decided I needed them so I started shoving games under my jacket while trying to make sure the cops who were investigating didn't see me. Somehow I managed to get like 30 games under my jacket without anybody noticing and I just walked out with a giant bulging jacket

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I had a dream that I was a crime scene photographer and I was taking photos at a really grisly murder scene in an apartment, there was blood all over the place. I noticed there was a shelf full of video games and I saw that there was a bunch of really rare games including a CIB copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga and a Genesis version of Super Metroid. The games all had blood on them but I decided I needed them so I started shoving games under my jacket while trying to make sure the cops who were investigating didn't see me. Somehow I managed to get like 30 games under my jacket without anybody noticing and I just walked out with a giant bulging jacket

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I actually woke up pissed off when I realized I don't actually have Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I actually woke up pissed off when I realized I don't actually have Panzer Dragoon Saga.

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I had a dream I was hanging out at Lebron's house getting ready to watch the Sony State of Play. It was hosted by Aris and he was up on stage. He kept making comments about how his body was shaped like the mom from Honey Boo Boo and then the mom from Honey Boo Boo popped out of the audience and offered to set him up with a stomach shrink surgery but he declined because of his luck build. Finally the presentation started and it was the most disappointing string of non-announcements of all time. Fortnite season 47 skins, Call of Duty 13 DLC, indie pixel visual novel is now a playable character in Playstation Road Rage All-Stars. At one point I blacked out or fell asleep or something and when I woke up I asked Lebron if I had missed anything interesting but he refused to respond to me. The final announcement of the presentation was a trailer. It started out just looking like regular modern Madden, but as the camera zoomed in the graphics started getting worse and blockier, and then the players started punching each other. The NFL Blitz logo flashed on screen, and then it was over. As the crowd murmured with seemingly mixed and disappointed reactions, it was revealed that somehow presentation from a few years ago got played accidentally instead of the brand new one. The crowd started to revolt because they had taken off work to watch as some tech interns scurried around trying to ready the actual presentation. Finally the lights dimmed and the presentation started. It was the exact same one we had just watched.

Then I woke up.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

I had a dream I was hanging out at Lebron's house getting ready to watch the Sony State of Play. It was hosted by Aris and he was up on stage. He kept making comments about how his body was shaped like the mom from Honey Boo Boo and then the mom from Honey Boo Boo popped out of the audience and offered to set him up with a stomach shrink surgery but he declined because of his luck build. Finally the presentation started and it was the most disappointing string of non-announcements of all time. Fortnite season 47 skins, Call of Duty 13 DLC, indie pixel visual novel is now a playable character in Playstation Road Rage All-Stars. At one point I blacked out or fell asleep or something and when I woke up I asked Lebron if I had missed anything interesting but he refused to respond to me. The final announcement of the presentation was a trailer. It started out just looking like regular modern Madden, but as the camera zoomed in the graphics started getting worse and blockier, and then the players started punching each other. The NFL Blitz logo flashed on screen, and then it was over. As the crowd murmured with seemingly mixed and disappointed reactions, it was revealed that somehow presentation from a few years ago got played accidentally instead of the brand new one. The crowd started to revolt because they had taken off work to watch as some tech interns scurried around trying to ready the actual presentation. Finally the lights dimmed and the presentation started. It was the exact same one we had just watched.

Then I woke up.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

Then I woke up.

lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
people just not responding to your questions is such a weird recurring dream thing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Then I woke up.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
I dreamt I got a ps5 and the new spider man but they’d implemented a system where Miles could (and quite often did) break his legs. In the dream I’d read an article about games implementing this to pad out length by lowering walk speed. I started swinging on webs and immediately smashed into a building and collapsed, whereupon Peter Parker came around the corner and took us to a long tutorial section and there was this long tutorial section on playing with broken legs. When your legs were broken you could only crawl unless you had a wheelchair, and jumping sections would always have a ramp or vents to crawl through if you came upon them with your legs broken. He was explaining how I’d have to hold down L1 while web swinging to cling onto my wheelchair as I swung around, lest I drop it and have to go back to slowly crawling everywhere. I start swinging around and am immediately attacked by some criminals who shoot a rocket into my wheelchair, destroying it even though I was holding the button. Peter was like “Yowza! Looks like you have to crawl until you find another wheelchair. This might take a while...you don’t mind, do you?”

I turned off the game and started texting my brother about it when I woke up