Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Angry slimy Brachy is hella mad you killed that dodogama forever ago. Full antiblast is required, imo. Then you also need like a ton of defense or constant quick healing because he hits real loving hard. Did you make it to the last phase? Because the last phase loving owns.

I’m East coast so I’m usually wrapping up when y’all are getting on but if you need help I can tag along tonight. His armor/weapons are real good and worth crafting.

In summary: :torgue:

Yeah, I made it to the last phase and was healing my team constantly, we couldn't have been more than 30 seconds away from a win when I took one wrong step and lost it for the team. It was really intense.

TheDarkFlame posted:

Yeah that fight is a hell of a thing, I needed to kill it multiple times for the armour (Artillery is a good damage buff for Charge Blades) and we did it seven times in one day without managing to kill it. That final chamber is also a nightmare. I'd suggest taking 3 Blastblight resistance decorations because every time you stand on the thing's slime it triggers blastblight even if it doesn't explode, so getting that immunity means you have less to worry about. Still a really tough fight though.

Okay, I was rocking the immunity mantle, too, though in the very end the handler piped up in the corner and said some of my items were unusable which I think was in reference to special tools, I'm not sure.

edit; VVVVVVV Ahh, I see, so they anticipate my desire to gtfo :eyepop:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Okay, I was rocking the immunity mantle, too, though in the very end the handler piped up in the corner and said some of my items were unusable which I think was in reference to special tools, I'm not sure.

I think that’s a reference to the farcaster. You can’t escape the area once you’re in.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/1334222323206017024?s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

one of the dumbest takes i've ever read here

and i post here

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Timotheous Venture posted:

got some bad news friendo

Kirby-flavoured lemonade should taste like marshmallows, not melons. Silly mountain dew.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Timotheous Venture posted:

got some bad news friendo

That flavor suuuuuuucks

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Monster hunter owns

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Monster hunter owns

Found footage of BP last night

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

VideoGames posted:

(Also it is utterly wild to me that the voice of V played one of the leads in the terrible shane dawson film Not Cool).

Oh wow, christ, I had no idea. That's wild.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

She's also Makoto in Persona 5 and A2 in Nier Automata :popeye:

EDIT: drat that movie sounds like fuckin poo poo lol

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

exquisite tea posted:

All I know is that if you advertise your product as being some deeply reactive system-based open-world RPG and spend one 40-minute trailer talking about how differently all the missions can turn out based on player decisions, you shouldn't let yourselves get beat in the choice & consequence department by Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

They never used the words "deeply reactive" or "system-based" though, you inferred that from the trailers. They talked about a big open world and different gangs and brands and it has that.

The missions can go differently based on player actions? It'd be nice to have more options but that's always the case. Even games like Deus Ex usually only have 2-3 routes but the devil's in the details.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

EDIT: drat that movie sounds like fuckin poo poo lol

Its unbelievably horrible. Its so bad I had to watch more about it to confirm its actually real.

The best part is they made it as part of an experimental show where two fledgling directors were both given like a half million dollars to shoot a script (the same script!) and then compare them.

The woman who went up against Shane Dawson put in a really nice hearwarming indie film, and he makes the worst terrible un-funny comedy smut imaginable.

But of course, because he's Youtube Famous, he wins.

Zachary Quinto was involved and the best thing ever is watching him furiously melt down after the results. He was loving livid that they paid Shane Dawson to film poop-eating jokes.

The whole thing is a staff of exhausted people trying to explain to Shane why what he wants is a terrible idea in a very professional manner and him responding like a child throwing a hissy fit and slamming his fists on the table demanding he gets his way.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Was Dawson already Youtube famous before that show?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Was Dawson already Youtube famous before that show?

Yeah, that's how he got on there.

The idea of "classically trained film school graduate first film vs youtuber creator first film" isn't terrible, but picking someone who had a huge following meant he was pretty much guaranteed to win.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/blo...end-of-february

F

Japan Studio becoming less an empty shell and more just empty.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sakurazuka posted:

F

Genuinely sad

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

It was that type of game on release and had it been able to keep its promises I think it could have stayed that popular.

I even say that as someone who the ideal NMS doesn’t appeal to at all

Yeah. I think the main problem is that the potential that people saw in it was unrealistic (not their fault though) for any game. The best case scenario was where the game is at now, which is a pretty standard survival game with a cool gimmick.

But it was so easy to get wrapped up in the hype of the early trailers and Sean Murray’s promises, that it was easy to imagine as this groundbreaking game that would change everything. And it was never going to be that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

F

RIP 2 the real ones

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did that Sony direct happen already?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

Did that Sony direct happen already?

No it’s at 5PM EST.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pablo Nergigante posted:

No it’s at 5PM EST.

Ah thanks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anthem..... thank you

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1365005940739743745?s=21

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, I certainly did not see that coming.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thank christ

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Ban games as a service imho

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

guess it's not coming for a loooong time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EA to all their devs making games as a service:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFj3tuNukTs&t=219s

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
sorry might not be the right thread, but if you'll indulge me one time

Welles was a genius

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
EA constantly pushing their dev teams for the last 10+ years to implement these overarching directives instead of actually letting them get on with making the loving games they want has left them in such a hole.

First Project $10 and gutting content out of games to try and kill the second hand market, then making all dev teams move to Frostbite even if it wasn't suited for what they were doing, then microtransactions and GAAS.

Meanwhile Sony in particular showing that letting dev teams make high quality single player experiences is actually a pretty great way of making money.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Didnt even know the next dragon age game was supposed to be a service game

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

helllll yes

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Quantum of Phallus posted:

one of the dumbest takes i've ever read here

and i post here

3M was a games publisher in the 60's. In addition to all the other bullshit they're into. I can see where he's headed.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Anthem died for the sins of all service games and made possible their acceptance into the kingdom of singleplayer gaming

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lady from Shanghai owns.

Also reminded me that a developer, in the 21st century, wanted to release a game titled "Whore of the Orient" before getting told that maybe it wasn't a great title and also the game got canceled

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1365015385486094340

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zaphod42 posted:

They never used the words "deeply reactive" or "system-based" though, you inferred that from the trailers. They talked about a big open world and different gangs and brands and it has that.

The missions can go differently based on player actions? It'd be nice to have more options but that's always the case. Even games like Deus Ex usually only have 2-3 routes but the devil's in the details.

"A big part of our RPG experience is having a world that is interactive."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0&t=659s

"We've greatly enhanced our crowd and community systems to create the most believable city in any open-world game to date."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0&t=783s

"So many options, so many stories, and each will have consequences rippling throughout your story. And that's just one quest."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0&t=2750s

There's no defending CDPR's marketing of CP2077, it was clearly deceptive.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:(

If that's true some Sony exec just straight up lied to Famitsu in an interview lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

All those videos are age-restricted and I'm too lazy to follow to the site...

Also it clears timestamps because of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

Ban games as a service imho