Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AdmiralViscen posted:

Thanks for the perspective.

I dont know if I feel less or more gross about finding nathen amusing now

Don't feel gross at all! There's so much fodder to laugh about when he's lucid, and he's mostly lucid. And I'll be honest, sometimes I laugh when he's full-on manic and says absurd things. Just stand back and take it all in, is my advice.

Haulin Oates fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The central concept of Arabiolosis to convert from feeling species to thinking species (or was it other way round?) is extremely dumb. Those things are not mutually exclusive to any species, and you don’t just stop one of those behaviours to increase your XP for the other one. I question to what degree Nathen thinks or feels sincerely about anything. There’s a failson angle and a failed businessman angle and I feel like both have got to be weighing heavily on the psyche.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Thanks, I’m laughing again

This thread rules

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

“When I was in bed with Jim Davis :corrupt:

He went on an insta bender and did an AMA where people kept asking him if he’s a pitcher, receiver or has a boyfriend.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
his beard looks like it's sharpied on

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

maybe he's trying to emulate Garfield's stripes

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Right?! I'm convinced he has it waxed into that shape, and partially sure now that he dyes it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
It's like he has Hulk Hogan's NWO beard. He needs a bleached orange mustache to go with it

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Malcolm Excellent posted:

It's like he has Hulk Hogan's NWO beard. He needs a bleached orange mustache to go with it

Well, the first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of entergagement. You can call this the Arabiolosis World Order of eating, brother. These two cartoon animals right here came from a great licensing organization up north and everybody was wondering, who would be the man to put them on lasagna boxes? Well, who knows more about farm to plate than me, brother?

Well, let me tell you something. I made Garfield Eats a monster. I made landlords rich up there. I made the people that ran that run Nickelodeon rich up there, brother. And when it all came to pass, the name Nathen Mazri, the man Nathen Mazri, got bigger than the whole organization, brother. And then, Jim Davis, amigo; he wanted to talk turkey with Nathen Mazri. Well, Jim Davis and 20th Century Fox promised me movies, brother. Jim Davis promised me millions of dollars if I took care of the cat. And Jim Davis promised me world-caliber tomato sauce recipes. And as far as Jim Davis goes, 20th Century Fox, and the whole Canadian real estate business goes, I'm bored brother.

That's why these two cartoons here, the so-called "fake animals," these are the men I want as my friends. They are the new blood of frozen eating, brother. And not only are we going to take over the whole grocery store business with Nathen Mazri and the new blood, the dog and cat with me, we will destroy everything in our path, Mean Gene.

Tato fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 26, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

The central concept of Arabiolosis to convert from feeling species to thinking species (or was it other way round?) is extremely dumb. Those things are not mutually exclusive to any species, and you don’t just stop one of those behaviours to increase your XP for the other one. I question to what degree Nathen thinks or feels sincerely about anything. There’s a failson angle and a failed businessman angle and I feel like both have got to be weighing heavily on the psyche.

False: He successfully converted from failson species to failed businessman species. Success!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Oh he's got one if those garfield phones that get brought in by the tides from a lost container.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/why-have-garfield-phones-been-washing-ashore-france-30-years-180971835/

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

I do find it funny that he’s basically denouncing capitalism with his anti profit anti landlord screeds but is still wanting that system to fully succeed for him instead of gaining any class awareness (I guess self awareness would be a precursor to that)

Assholes like Nathen don't want to abolish the system, they want it to pander specifically to them because they're entitled solipsists.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Yaldabaoth posted:

Assholes like Nathen don't want to abolish the system, they want it to pander specifically to them because they're entitled solipsists.

Isn't this thread amazing?

Look where we are. Look and bask.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Drunk Nerds posted:

False: He successfully converted from failson species to failed businessman species. Success!

if at first you don't succeed throw money at it until you do

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Haulin Oates posted:

That is one thing I'll dispute. Nathen is a spoiled, delusional failson and I'll never argue that. The conspiracy theories come out when he's delusional and psychotic, though, and I think it's unfair to hold that against them. I have a brother who is mentally ill AND an rear end in a top hat, so I'm familiar with Nathen's type. My brother is mostly a dick, like Nathen; but when he starts calling relatives several days in a row, to brag about his non-existent stock market fortune for hours, that's the bipolar disorder talking. When he's not delusional, though, my brother never talks about his finances. Nathen talking about Covid and creating his own army, is Nathen when he's delusional. Like, delusional enough that it could be argued he's not responsible for his actions when he's in this state. (NOT excusing him for ignoring his mental health and so on.)

The thing to remember is, Nathen doesn't espouse these kinds of beliefs when he's not manic. Sometimes we're convinced that someone with a mental illness is speaking their "true," unfiltered feelings, but that's just not true. My brother doesn't believe he's a millionaire genius being persecuted by the CIA when he's not manic.

Counterpoint: Maybe he's just an immature eccentric with spoiled rear end in a top hat tendencies and some delusions of grandeur, who gets overexcited periodically from an excess of booze or something similar, or whose resentments and conspiacy hypotheses just build up periodically until he must rant and rave... and being pretty friendless (a strange person in a strange land) he does it via social media posts.

Aside from amateur psychiatry, is there any actual hard evidence he's bipolar?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
It’s hosed up, op.

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Started from the bottom, now we here

BigBadSteve posted:

He lists it in his books' preface:

Preface posted:

Nathen, a young Arab-Canadian man is leaving Laval in the French province of Quebec with his family to settle in a soon to be discovered a tyrannical kingdom of Arabia in the middle of the desert sinking his soul in monotony, an unspoken epidemic, and defeated by suppression for over 12 years of his life lingering with broken dreams, Scoliosis, sexual identity crisis, bipolar disease, and the struggle to claim true elusive love.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Also you can file as evidence "literally everything he does and says"

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigBadSteve posted:

Skyscraper Raccoon posted:

He lists it in his books' preface

:lol:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Heh OK, my bad. In that case I pity the fool.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Skyscraper Raccoon posted:

He lists it in his books' preface:

:thurman:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That beard looks like it came out of one of those Wooly Willy magnetic toys from the 80s.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Frank Frank posted:

That beard looks like it came out of one of those Wooly Willy magnetic toys from the 80s.

He looks like he wants to grow a full beard but can't, so he trims it down to the stubble and waxes it in an attempt to make himself look like a handsome adult.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
World’s youngest adult, 16 years running

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

World’s youngest adult, 16 years running

Just having a normal one, nothing to see here, drumming up entergageing enthusiasm for my farm2plate scooby lasagnas in a garfield suit

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Yeah wth like the garf endorsement is done right? Or did the business die before his rights to the ip expired lol

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

Just having a normal one, nothing to see here, drumming up entergageing enthusiasm for my farm2plate scooby lasagnas in a garfield suit

Is that Dogs Playing Poker in the background?!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't realise that the "sexual identity crisis" was confirmed canon

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m struggling to understand what’s going on in that picture. What’s with the birds? Why is he grabbing his junk?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Lieutenant Dan posted:

Is that Dogs Playing Poker in the background?!

When he steps away, Garfield is revealed

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1364928221767163904?s=21

Frank Frank posted:

I’m struggling to understand what’s going on in that picture. What’s with the birds? Why is he grabbing his junk?

This doesn’t answer your question, but he is dancing to hype up the full release of his idiotic theme song

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1364700276314284037?s=21

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
LMFMDLM is the worst KMFDM cover band

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

It's called 'entergagement'. You have been entergaged!

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

gently caress SNEEP posted:

It's called 'entergagement'. You have been entergaged!

The Garfield Eats App: You have been entergaged!

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

my god. my GOD

I am so loving entergaged right now

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Garf Five-Aces :eyepop:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Frank Frank posted:

scoby dooby doo

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

steinrokkan posted:

Garf Five-Aces :eyepop:

Imagine four Odies on the edge of a cliff

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Guess he's not really as done with the cat as he said he was

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Nathen strikes me as the type that wouldn’t be done with the cat even if they pulled his license. Probably up until a lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Lt. Cock posted:

Nathen strikes me as the type that wouldn’t be done with the cat even if they pulled his license. Probably up until a lawsuit.

As if that could stop him. You will be energized. Resistance is futile.